Thinking Ahead

Since the 5 episodes being released starting in June will comprimise the "season", do you all plan on doing a second season for SBCG4AP or does it depend on the series' sucess?

Comments

• edited April 2008
    I think there's no question that it'll be successful--lots of people love Telltale, and LOTS of people love Homestar Runner. Oh, and lots of people love the Wii :)

-Kato
  • edited April 2008
    What I want to know is whether they can sell it as a season on Wii Ware- is it possible to buy games that aren't out yet and then get them when they are?
    And if you can, would they download automatically (probably not, as they don't seem to like actually using that active internet connection)?
  • edited April 2008
    TrogLlama wrote: »
    What I want to know is whether they can sell it as a season on Wii Ware- is it possible to buy games that aren't out yet and then get them when they are?
    And if you can, would they download automatically (probably not, as they don't seem to like actually using that active internet connection)?
    Yes, there actually seems to be a subscription feature (and a rental feature). Someone discovered those by looking at the Wii shop sourcecode. We don't know how it'll work, though.
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2008
    There will not be a SBCG4AP season subscription on WiiWare.

As for a second season - yeah, maybe, but we're focused on the first one right now. :D
  • edited April 2008
    Hmm $44.95 on WiiWare vs $34.95 on PC, gotta think about what features we're exactly getting with the Wii.
  • edited April 2008
    I think you may have invented both of those prices. We haven't announced any pricing details yet.
  • edited April 2008
    tabacco wrote: »
    I think you may have invented both of those prices. We haven't announced any pricing details yet.

Someone at Telltale said the prices would be similar to the prices on existing games in the store. Whatever the price is, I'm eagerly excited for June!
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2008
    But nobody said $44.95... that price has never existed for a product we sell, to my knowedge. (that said, I don't know much) The prices Emily alluded to were to get a ballpark estimate, not, you know, words to live and die and make decisions by :)
  • edited April 2008
    Jake wrote: »
    But nobody said $44.95... that price has never existed for a product we sell, to my knowedge. (that said, I don't know much) The prices Emily alluded to were to get a ballpark estimate, not, you know, words to live and die and make decisions by :)

That's good to hear, and I hope you guys don't think I'm trying to be cheap or complain about the game. I can't wait to play it in June!

Just to clarify I got $44.95 by multiplying $8.95 (price of a S&M Episode) by 5.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2008
    Ah, gotchya.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.