IGN talks about SBCG4AP's appearance at the Nintendo Media Summit

Comments

• edited April 2008
    I await kicking The Cheat with great anticipation. This sounds great - similar to the Sam & Max style as expected. If only we had some detail and video demonstrations; this slew of choppy sentences doesn't sufficiently satiate my curiosity! D:

Now I'm wondering what the background music will be like - will Jared work on this game as well? Forgive me for not doing any research on this subject whatsoever, for all I know the answer is already out there.
    Edit:
    Strong Bad wakes up and walks through his house, singing about his style, and how you can't handle his style.
    You really can't try to describe Strong Bad's inexplicable actions with such a serious tone. xD
  • edited April 2008
    There's quite a bit of video at http://www.telltalegames.com/strongbad. All of the 3d stuff is in-engine.
  • edited April 2008
    In the game you can make your own Teen Girl Squad comics with 3x5 cards found throughout the adventure.

Hahaha yes.
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2008
    1UP visited on Monday and shot some interviews: http://www.gamevideos.com/video/id/18383

There's a little bit of gameplay footage in here. Keep in mind it's an early build (even earlier than the one we showed today at the media summit).

EDIT: Also Kotaku has a nice write-up of this morning's demo.
  • edited April 2008
    In the game you can make your own Teen Girl Squad comics with 3x5 cards found throughout the adventure.

Holy crap on a cosmic scale. I've just realized something. I bet each episode has different cards to collect, and in each episode, you can use all cards found across all episodes.

Or maybe it's like Sam and Max Season 2 in that the episodes only detect things unlocked in the saves of previous episodes, and you have to start a new game to access things unlocked in previous episodes since you last started a new game in the current one.
  • edited April 2008
    Also, the Brothers Chaps will be doing an interview regarding the game Monday on IGN...
  • edited April 2008
    nhaingen wrote: »
    Now I'm wondering what the background music will be like - will Jared work on this game as well? Forgive me for not doing any research on this subject whatsoever, for all I know the answer is already out there.

Since the Chapmans do all the music for the cartoon series, I'm guessing they'll be at least partially responsible for the music in the game. Perhaps someone from Telltale will help with converting the music into a workable ingame format.
  • edited April 2008
    BiggerJ wrote: »
    Holy crap on a cosmic scale. I've just realized something. I bet each episode has different cards to collect, and in each episode, you can use all cards found across all episodes.

And then maybe you can send those comics to your friends through the Wii message system, just like on Mario Galaxy or Metroid Prime 3. *wishes*
  • edited April 2008
    As well as plenty of gameplay videos
  • edited April 2008
    fco. wrote: »
    As well as plenty of gameplay videos

The way the map screen works, as hinted at in the "Email Boot" video, made me laugh out loud, repeatedly. These people are pure geniuses at dodging unnecessary questions.

It also just registered in my mind that this will really be a point-and-click adventure, complete with clicking on random things and having the protagonist say stuff about them. I can't wait. I love it already.
  • edited April 2008
    LuigiHann wrote: »
    The way the map screen works, as hinted at in the "Email Boot" video, made me laugh out loud, repeatedly. These people are pure geniuses at dodging unnecessary questions.

It also just registered in my mind that this will really be a point-and-click adventure, complete with clicking on random things and having the protagonist say stuff about them. I can't wait. I love it already.

I completely agree. This isn't just what I was hoping for. It's that and more.
  • edited April 2008
    Love the gameplay vids. The game seems to be capturing the humor of the sbemails really well.
  • edited April 2008
    LuigiHann wrote: »
    Aw, I was looking forward to some concrete geography...

Too bad this is WAY BETTER.

Oh man, those gameplay trailers were amazing. I didn't think it would be possible for anything to make me want to play more but they managed.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.