Can Telltale fix this game?

2»

Comments

• edited April 2011
    flesk wrote: »
    This could be their chance to reel in some of the adventure gamers who thinks their previous titles have been a bit lacking on the puzzle side.

Huh? This game was lacking on the puzzle side. Yes there were puzzles, but every thing you could do in the game had something to do with a puzzle. I think most of the complaints have been due to lack of puzzles/too easy puzzles in the sense that all you could click on were things that forced you to solve the puzzles. It was just as bad in Hector. It was a fun little game, but it was extremely easy. In order to make the game "more difficult" it needs to be more interactive in all aspects. As it stands, I doubt it will satisfy the group you mentioned at all.
  • edited April 2011
    Really? I haven't played the game myself, since I don't own, and never will own an iPhone, so I probably got the wrong impression of this game from the promotional videos I saw of it. It's too bad though.
  • puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2011
    chucklas wrote: »
    This game was lacking on the puzzle side. Yes there were puzzles, but every thing you could do in the game had something to do with a puzzle. [...] It was a fun little game, but it was extremely easy.

Aw... ratcheting down my excitement level a few notches.
  • edited April 2011
    is it harder then telltales games?
  • edited April 2011
    I would say it is harder than BttF but not really any others that I have played. You could go to any area you wanted at any time, but there are really only 3 different areas (all of which are small). It had 3 tasks to complete, each of which was simple. The game was fun, and it made me laugh quite a bit, but it definately lacks on the puzzle front. When the only things that you can interact with have something to do with a puzzle, it makes it really easy. For $4 it was worth it to play, but I would have a hard time justifying paying any significant $$ unless they step it up in future episodes.

All in all, it felt like it really fits telltale. It was too short and easy. It was, however, fun to play.
  • edited June 2012
    I didn't find the language strong enough to be offensive -- the game pulls its punches on many occasions, really, and I like the writing overall.

It's written with a good ear for language and character, including colorful phrasings when appropriate, and that's one of the things I like most about it. There's a certain poetry to it; in fact, I think I'm going to have to start using "bullock's bollocks" in everyday life. Hector's world is comically rough-and-tumble, and the language fits it.
  • edited August 2012
    Hope they make more of these, loved em.

Apart from, like all Telltale games, WAY TOO EASY. Most adventure games I usually have at least ONE part I need to check a walkthrough, after scratching my head for about 30-60 minutes, perhaps also walking away and coming back another day with a fresh mindset.

However only in one puzzle in the 2nd Bone game did I get frustrated.. and that was the cow race. Everything else since has been too easy.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.