Where can I purchase LR:SE online? (and hard copy question)

edited June 2012 in Tales of Monkey Island
I'm trying to locate a download purchase of LeChuck's Revenge: Special Edition, but only found the one on steam. Is there any direct download option like we have here from Telltale?

Also, I found this hard copy collection of the two of them from amazon:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Monkey-Island-Special-Collection-DVD/dp/B005CLPO1C/

But they are out of stock and from the UK site. Being in the US, is there any way for me to import this edition? I remember the last time I attempted to buy from amazon.uk it wouldn't let me purchase anything. Said "cannot be shipped to the selected address."

Tracking down these games, and being stuck in the US, is proving quite difficult.

Thanks for the help!

Comments

• edited June 2012
    Generally, Amazon does ship worldwide, it was probably just that particular seller that only shipped within Europe.

To be honest, I don't really know where else you could find it. Maybe you could try Ebay?
  • edited June 2012
    Thanks, I may have to try ebay. If I can catch one on there.

I think the problem with amazon is that they don't actually stock that item in their international section or something. Anything I've found on the amazon.uk that I couldn't find on amazon.com gave me the "can't ship" notice. Maybe I'm just missing something... I hope I am.
  • edited June 2012
    Jenny wrote: »
    I think the problem with amazon is that they don't actually stock that item in their international section or something. Anything I've found on the amazon.uk that I couldn't find on amazon.com gave me the "can't ship" notice. Maybe I'm just missing something... I hope I am.

Amazon.co.uk marketplace sellers don't ship outside UK at all. It's been annoying me to no end, especially since I get several "As you've recently shown an interest in video games..." e-mails a week with games I desperately want, but have no way of buying since none of them ship to Norway. You'd think Amazon wouldn't send me these e-mails since they have my address on record, but apparently that's a limitation on their platform. I've been in contact with them to ask how I can opt out of these mean teasers, but they say there's nothing they can do, save stop sending me offers altogether.

EDIT: Actually they ship outside the UK, just not everywhere, and Norway isn't covered. Not sure why you can't get it shipped to the US, since it seems to be on the list.
  • edited June 2012
    I found out the problem. It is that certain media (certain video games) among other items are not included in the shipping to the US. Oh well.
  • edited June 2012
    I've been having the same difficulty finding a stand-alone copy of MI2 SE.

Initially, Direct2Drive had a bundle available of 1 & 2 SE, but after they were acquired by Gamefly I don't think they're available.
    If they are available, then the games would require Gamefly's game client. If you have to pick a game client (Steam, Impulse, Gamefly, Origin, et cetera...) then you may as well buy the Steam version as they have the biggest library and are the most well known. At the very least, you can play it.

You just want to purchase the game you'd like to play without being online at all times or signing up for a service and agreeing to a EULA? Preposterous!
    :p
  • edited June 2012
    Just get it from Amazon.de then. No need for the marketplace.
  • edited June 2012
    I bought mine from Steam. They have a great bundle pack for 1 and 2 SE that I took advantage of.
  • edited June 2012
    Just get it from Amazon.de then. No need for the marketplace.

The German sites lets me buy it?! :eek: YAY! Thank you! I hope I don't get an email later saying they are refunding my order. Now just to wait for it to get through customs. :D Hurray!

I bought mine from Steam. They have a great bundle pack for 1 and 2 SE that I took advantage of.

I do own the first one from Steam (bought it years ago). But I don't like the steam client, so never bought any other games through it. My new PC doesn't even have it installed.
  • edited June 2012
    Yes the steam client can get increasingly annoying. I myself do not like to play any more games than I have to through it, but the deal I got was cheaper than i'd seen anywhere else at the time so I took it. Personally i'd have preferred a physical copy myself but had seen no indications of there being one. Haven't looked since then and so I know of none but I would probably still be interested in purchasing it were it ever to come up.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.