homsar!

Of the few trailers out there it seems like every major (good) character has been shown in a 3D model except my favorite and often overlooked typo, homsar.

I know it's quite difficult writing a character that speaks in nonsense into any coherent story but imagine all the things his gravity defying hat can do with a new dimension! Think of the possibilities people!

Anyway, I'm just hoping he's in the games in some form...Maybe the hint system. Maybe bad idea.

Comments

• edited April 2008
    Homsar is the "secret guy". He'll be there I'm sure and you'll probably have to get to him through some easter egg.
  • edited April 2008
    If it's anything like the Halloween toons, the secret method will probably involve The Poopsmith.
  • edited April 2008
    Personally I prefer Senor Cardgage's inane blabbering over Homsar's :)
  • edited April 2008
    Quuux wrote: »

Yea, but Senor Cardgage doesn't do that all the time, remember?

"Um... Grape Soda... Banked?"
  • edited April 2008
    YES. Yes, Telltale, please give us our Homsar fix. He's easily my favorite character -- I'd probably watch Whaddaya Know, Haddi-Man on occasion if it was a real show, just for how delightful random it is. :D
  • edited April 2008
    yes whaady know haddiman? NEEDS to be a special level!
  • edited April 2008
    You realise that whenever anyone says <obscure reference> HAS TO BE in the game, it's actually fairly unlikely.... There are lots and lots of little bits and pieces in H*R, and Telltale aren't gonna be able to fit 'em all in.

I think Homsar will probably pop up more than once in the series, but they can't include everything. And I think it would be a mistake to make the game one big in-joke. That's what I disliked so much about 'Ice Station Santa' - It provided a tutorial for newcomers, but then had so many unexplained references to season 2 that it wasn't really a viable introduction to the series.

I want SBCG4AP to avoid that mistake and be as good for newcomers as it is for existing fans. If that means no 'Whaddaya Know, Haddi-Man' level, then good!
  • edited April 2008
    inso wrote: »
    You realise that whenever anyone says <obscure reference> HAS TO BE in the game, it's actually fairly unlikely.... There are lots and lots of little bits and pieces in H*R, and Telltale aren't gonna be able to fit 'em all in.

I think Homsar will probably pop up more than once in the series, but they can't include everything. And I think it would be a mistake to make the game one big in-joke. That's what I disliked so much about 'Ice Station Santa' - It provided a tutorial for newcomers, but then had so many unexplained references to season 2 that it wasn't really a viable introduction to the series.

I want SBCG4AP to avoid that mistake and be as good for newcomers as it is for existing fans. If that means no 'Whaddaya Know, Haddi-Man' level, then good!

But Homsar isn't an obscure reference. He's one of the main characters. A minor main character, but a main character nonetheless.
  • edited April 2008
    Of course he'll be in it! Who else will I hit with a baseball bat?
  • edited April 2008
    But Homsar isn't an obscure reference. He's one of the main characters. A minor main character, but a main character nonetheless.

:rolleyes: erm, I was clearly referring to 'whaddya know haddi-man', rather than Homsar himself, which is why I went on to say I'm sure that homsar will pop up, but not to expect that.
  • edited April 2008
    inso wrote: »
    :rolleyes: erm, I was clearly referring to 'whaddya know haddi-man', rather than Homsar himself, which is why I went on to say I'm sure that homsar will pop up, but not to expect that.

Sorry, I misread what you said when you said "I think Homsar will probably pop up more than once in the series, but they can't include everything." I thought you were referring to Homsar himself/itself.
  • edited April 2008
    Spoken like a gentleman. Or woman. Maybe.
  • ShauntronShauntron Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2008
    Maybe a Jengaship minigame?

(courtesy reference demystification.)
  • edited May 2008
    Actually, recently, I've been thinking of Homsar unwittingly becoming the main villian.
  • edited May 2008
    Quuux wrote: »

Ohh, I should eat a pony...
    Gamble around the campfire, Childrens!
    We'll set up tents and hotdogs for your...babies.
    I take children.
    *In dark alley with crate and sleeping bag*ZZzzZZZZzzzzz......
This discussion has been closed.