What happens to Einstein after episode 3?

After replaying episode 3 and finishing it i wondered what happened to Einstein before Marty & Doc are captured by Edna and then escape. We see Marty & Einstein walking up to FCB's office but when Marty enters, Einstein is gone and wouldn't Einstein wonder why Marty had not returned because as we can see from what young Emmett and Doc say in episodes 1 & 2 that Einstein is a smart dog and we know he can track people since he did it twice in episode 1. i'm just wondering what happened to him?

Comments

• JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited July 2012
    After replaying episode 3 and finishing it i wondered what happened to Einstein before Marty & Doc are captured by Edna and then escape. We see Marty & Einstein walking up to FCB's office but when Marty enters, Einstein is gone and wouldn't Einstein wonder why Marty had not returned because as we can see from what young Emmett and Doc say in episodes 1 & 2 that Einstein is a smart dog and we know he can track people since he did it twice in episode 1. i'm just wondering what happened to him?
    Dogs aren't allowed in Hill Valley in the Citizen Brown universe, so he wouldn't have been allowed into Citizen Brown's office. We don't know what happened to him. He could have been caught and imprisoned (or worse, depending on what Edna orders to be done with dogs), which was unlikely, because as you say he's a smart dog and he's avoided capture before. If he did escape, he's likely to go back into hiding and avoid Marty at all costs because Marty is with the people who want Einstein caught, and also because he has no connection to Marty in this universe other than the fact that Marty was nice to him and fed him food once.

In the end though, Einstein ended up back with Doc since the Citizen Brown universe was written over after the events of episode 5.
  • edited July 2012
    Yes but Einstein would have been allowed in because Marty throught FCB was in his office in the first place and it was FCB who said bring Einstein along also you forgot that Marty freed him before Biff attacked him
  • similar to what happens with him at the end of part II and part III

he's left in the alternate hill valley, the timeline gets written around him and of course when they go back to the future at the end of episode 5 we find edna has been taking him for a walk.
  • edited July 2012
    similar to what happens with him at the end of part II and part III

he's left in the alternate hill valley, the timeline gets written around him and of course when they go back to the future at the end of episode 5 we find edna has been taking him for a walk.

I knew that but what i meant was why Marty had completely forgotten about him like in episode 4 when Doc and Marty are hiding. Marty never asks ''Hey Doc don't you think we should see if we can get Einstein. They could of at least said something about him
  • JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited July 2012
    Yes but Einstein would have been allowed in because Marty throught FCB was in his office in the first place and it was FCB who said bring Einstein along also you forgot that Marty freed him before Biff attacked him
    Biff threw a spanner in the works by showing up and stalling Marty. Marty said he was late when he showed up in Citizen Brown's office. It's likely Officer Parker was back at the gate by the time Marty showed up at the courthouse, and he wouldn't have let Einstein through because dogs were outlawed in Hill Valley.
  • I knew that but wat i ment was why Marty had completely forgotten about him like in episode 4 when Doc and Marty are hiding. Marty never asks ''Hey Doc don't you think we should see if we can get Einstein. They could of at least said something about him

he doesn't need to worry about it, to paraphrase Doc in in part II

assuming they succeeded on their mission, the alternate 1986 would be transformed into the real 1986 transforming around Einstein. Einstein would be fine and have no memory of that place.
  • edited July 2012
    @Jennifer I throught the place where Edna keeps all the stuff was under the courthouse
Sign in to comment in this discussion.