Common JP Problems/Solutions

2»

Comments

• edited December 2011
    Is it no solution for the frame rate lagging problem on PS3 version?
    Please help, thank you.
  • edited December 2011
    the mouse disapearing was annoying especially the moment i had 10 seconds to pick up something using a click and slide movement
  • edited December 2011
    Let's consolidate solutions to common problems mentioned here so far. Add more fixes if you know of any.

-Frame Rate is lagging
    In the graphics settings, lower the Shadow quality to Low and/or turn off the DoF option. This appears to be a graphics card issue on certain ATI cards.

-Mouse pointer randomly goes missing during Exploration sequences
    Close the game and reopen it.

-Game goes back to main menu after completing a scenario
    The game will only progress during a Load playthough. If you are playing using the Scenario option, the game will reset to the menu after completion, as was intended.

-Game won't start up again after exiting.
    Open the Task Manager and look for the game in the Processes tab. Select it and hit End Process. Try starting game again.

-Certain Achievements not activating
    Some achievements must be obtained through a Load playthrough and won't activate if playing on Scenario.

No offence, but those are rather workarounds than actual fixes.
  • edited December 2011
    So I just bought the game on the steam sale and this is what I see when I load the game up
    http://imgur.com/r47Np
    Complete back out with no way to change any graphics settings.
  • edited December 2011
    Are your drivers up to date, and you meet the minimum system requirements for the game?
  • edited December 2011
    -Frame Rate is lagging
    In the graphics settings, lower the Shadow quality to Low and/or turn off the DoF option. This appears to be a graphics card issue on certain ATI cards.

Michael Parks, are Telltale working on a fix for this? I bought the game on Steam today and the stuttering bothers me a lot. Lowering the settings helps, but I would prefer play through the game on maximum settings.

My PC is more than enough for the game and I get 60 FPS at all times (obviously excluding the sudden pauses/stutter when it drops to 0 for like 1 or 2 seconds).

Windows 7, 64-bit
    7 2600 @ 3.4GHz
    Gigabyte HD6850 1GB
    GA-P67A-UD4-B3
    G.Skill DDR3 8GB 1600MHz
  • edited December 2011
    sorry I bought the game but can not find someone can tell me where
  • edited December 2011
    Ok, so when I downloaded I started the game, but as soon as it started the game exited itself, Can anyone help me?
  • edited December 2011
    Just bought this game off of Steam, but when I changed the resolution it suddenly crashed on me. I'm assuming that the resolutions I switched to wasn't compatible with my computer, but now whenever I try to restart the game it immediately crashes. With no way to get into the game to switch the resolution I'm now stuck. Even when I uninstalled and reinstalled it gives me the same error. What am I supposed to do now? There was another post that listed a manual way to fix it, but I can't find the files mentioned to do so.
  • edited December 2011
    Hi, I'm new to the forums

Not a crippling problem, but it is minorly anoying. I have the pc version and I'm using a gamepad. When I pause the game and it goes to the menu, I am not able to use the gamepad to chose an option. It's kinda annoying, and I'm wondering if there is a way to change this. any help would be wonderful, thanks!
  • edited December 2011
    Goombill wrote: »
    Just bought this game off of Steam, but when I changed the resolution it suddenly crashed on me. I'm assuming that the resolutions I switched to wasn't compatible with my computer, but now whenever I try to restart the game it immediately crashes. With no way to get into the game to switch the resolution I'm now stuck. Even when I uninstalled and reinstalled it gives me the same error. What am I supposed to do now? There was another post that listed a manual way to fix it, but I can't find the files mentioned to do so.

The name of file you have to delete or empty is prefs.prop. Just search for it via the search function of windows. It should be in your local files somewhere - domn't know exactly where.
  • edited January 2012
    Instead of changing resolutions when you picked one, it changes immediately on the spot. Highly annoying. And potential crasherific if you pick a resolution your monitor cannot handle. *sigh*

Also have the lag issues (on a 6950). Shadows lowering worked though, but it's far from ideal. Add convo's being stuck, the mouse dissapearing when place based time-based mouse puzzles happen too, a few instances where the button to press only appeared upon failing the timing (you were supposed to press this invisible button, how could you not???)... yeah, lots of frustration sometimes.
  • edited January 2012
    Hi i was wondering if anyone is able to help i'm playing the ps3 version of the game and the screen/resolution isn't allowing me to chose some of the items required to continue the game so am currently stuck on chapter 2 trying to pick up the radio and basically I can't, has anyone else come across this
  • edited January 2012
    Hi i was wondering if anyone is able to help i'm playing the ps3 version of the game and the screen/resolution isn't allowing me to chose some of the items required to continue the game so am currently stuck on chapter 2 trying to pick up the radio and basically I can't, has anyone else come across this

I've had this problem on the 360. But mine has been more of a save glitch. When it doesn't save properly it loads, but not everything loads right or sometimes it's stuck on textures. It's annoying because the game still works its not frozen so I have to restart.
  • edited January 2012
    I am in Episode 2, Scenario 7. I have escaped from the T-Rex on the cliff and started flying away, and instead of going to Scenario 8, it send me back to the beginning of scenario 6! I returned the first copy of the game, thinking it was defective, but the replacement copy does the exact same thing. Does anyone know what is causing this and how to fix it?
  • edited February 2012
    Very annoying repetitive moments in Chapter #2
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0u1Mg71hwYM
    Currently for PC Steam-version.
  • edited February 2012
    Dear Friends
    Mihanick wrote: »
    Very annoying repetitive moments in Chapter #2
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0u1Mg71hwYM
    Currently for PC Steam-version.
    -Frame Rate is lagging

I have ATI 5850 1GB and Intel i5-750 Quad Core. I have many of the newest and more demanding games that do not cause problems such as Jurassic Park: The Game.

- Framerate with delays/lags
    - Audio and Video are out of sync - lots of moments in game
    - Appear in the first episode scenes that the dialogue is repeated as the user above shows on YouTube.
    - Graphics randomly freeze for 4-6 seconds at a time while sound keeps playing

I already wrote in another topic, what is my opinion on this. But I do not see a problem for which I would not have to repeat here.

Telltale Games approach to the case is ridiculous. I do not believe that a team of people who created the game from the first line of code is not able to find a solution for such a long period of time. It's been 82 days since the release of the game and there is no new news regarding release patch. Came the sad times for customers, once the client was most important, and today is the momentum of the gathering as much money without caring about quality and customer satisfaction. What's worse, the developers do not have courage to say that they are unable to make changes that enhance and improve the quality of the game. The only thing they can do is luring customers that they are working on something to get existing customers still had hope, and potential customers were not scared enough to buy their defective product. It's a shame that today, companies have such shallow and straightforward approach to the matter and do not have a shadow of respect for the customer.

Sincerely
  • edited February 2012
    I finished the third episode, but the first chapter is still locked.

j0SmGl.jpg
  • edited March 2012
    i had issues at first but then i changed my vid card from high quality to balanced and problem solved seems this game doesnt like high settings of ati cards.
  • edited April 2012
    I just bought the PC version, but the voices are stuttering A LOT. Short fragments (less than half a second) are repeated 4 or 5 times, then the voices continue, half a minute later, again some stuttering, etc... Any idea how to solve this anoying problem?
  • edited April 2012
    Nobody? :(
  • edited May 2012
    I have also face some of the problems from this list while playing the Jurassic park game and this information is really helpful to me for solving my problems. Thanks for sharing such a useful guidelines about JP game in this thread.
  • edited May 2012
    how to get cupon code for purches
  • edited May 2012
    Any updates about the mouse cursor disapearing problem? It's really a pain in the ass, many people encounter this problem and Telltale still had no fix for this.

I'm kinda dissapointed in your costumer services. :(
  • edited July 2012
    So I bought the game off Steam in March, and it was working fine. When I try to play it today, it made it as far as the trademark screen and crashed. It kept doing it, too. It worked once when I rebooted my PC, but then did it again when I closed the game and tried to go back to it later. Can anyone tell me what's wrong with it?
  • edited July 2012
    Yoshi_D wrote: »
    I'm on a Mac running OS 10.7 and the game was running fine. I closed out, and now when I reopen the game, the screen goes black. The audio still plays and it I move the mouse I can hear it moving over the menu, but the screen stays black.

Has this been figured out yet? I can't seem to find the solution anywhere.
  • edited July 2012
    Telltale needs to fix Jurassic Park the game. I to had problem with it that no one
    not even Telltale helped me with the game not going to the next Episode. i let the game
    rebuild the save and it fixed but no where in the forum was there a solution
  • edited July 2012
    Hi this is very frustrating. How about some correspondence here Telltale? I used to recommend your games because they are fun and customer service seemed to work. But ever since this Jurassic Park debacle, I am tempted to do the opposite.

You have lost a customer; if you don't fix this game (or at the very least reply), I will spread word of this and you will lose more clients and potential clients.
  • edited May 2013
    I am having an odd issue. When I double-click the .exe the game starts up and the screen goes black (as it does with normal games) but then it just stays black. Occasionally on different times I try to play, it will do the black screen but then go back to the desktop by basically alt+tab'ing itself. I still have not been able to play yet and I'm getting frustrated. Please help with some solutions here!! :confused:
  • The "solution" offered to the problem of the disappearing mouse cursor is very unsatisfactory, and only acceptable as a temporary stop-gap until a patch fixes the issue. Re starting the game and playing though a scene again so you can reach the part where the cursor disappeared ruins the hard earned immersion, which is a shame because the game is otherwise fantastic.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.