German version of ToMI

Hello,

I own Tales of Monkey Island. Now my son is old enough to play adventure games, but he can't understand (or read) english. Is there a chance of getting the german version without having to pay for it?

Comments

• edited April 2012
    Is there a chance of getting the german version without having to pay for it?

If you are willing to pay 5,50€ for it, you can find it with the current issue of the Computer Bild Spiele - Gold-Edition magazine. Is that close enough to "not paying"? ;)

If you can't find it in stores anymore, you can mail-order the issue HERE (for an additional 0,50€ for shipping).
  • edited April 2012
    Thanks! Great! Yes, that will do.
  • edited July 2012
    First I bought ToMI for iPhone where it is already in german. Than I thought it will be cool to play it on larger screen on my Mac and so I bought ToMI a second time in store of telltalegames. After download the game I was a bit shocked since the Mac version is only in english. After using google I saw there is also an PC(Windows) version of ToMI in german, but not directly soled by telltalegames but by "Daedalic Entertainment". This confuses me because I bought in past the "back to future" game here in the shop and this was in german and english. Why not ToMI?

So can you please offer here in shop a German Version of ToMI for Mac (OSX) ?

I don't like the idear to buy the game a third time just to play it on a bigger screen in german. And most of all I will not use an Windows-PC to play it.
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited August 2012
    I think that depends on what the German publisher gets out of the deal. ;)

Daedalic got the publishing rights for the German version, Daedalic made the complete localization. So it's completely normal that you'll only get the German voices with a version Daedalic actually makes money with.
  • edited August 2012
    Bernard77 wrote: »
    I bought in past the "back to future" game here in the shop and this was in german and english
    BTTF was released way after ToMI and was Telltale's first try to offer a localization themselves (and they failed miserably, sadly). JP did a lot better in that regard.
  • edited June 2013
    Better a not perfect synchro then an english game where i understand only 50%. If its to expensive to synchro the games telltale can give us german subtitles to our bought games.
  • edited June 2013
    BTTF was released way after ToMI and was Telltale's first try to offer a localization themselves (and they failed miserably, sadly). JP did a lot better in that regard.

lmao at the translation of pipe (rohr) as "pfeife" :)
Sign in to comment in this discussion.