Strong Bad email causing a bland in strong bad's character?

After watching marshmallow last stand does anyone fell that SBemails are causing a bland in strong bad's character especially everybody episode and whats with his new accent.I think homestar runner should handle all the emails instead of strong bad because he is stupid while retaining his greatest athlete character in the toons. Also strong bad should have his own cartoon which is like marshmallow last stand.

Comments

• edited May 2008
    dude-wait-what.jpg
  • edited May 2008
    After watching Marshmallow's Last Stand, does anyone else feel that the SBemails are causing Strong Bad's character to become bland? The everybody episode [?] especially demonstrates this. And what's with his new accent? I think Homestar Runner should handle all the emails instead of Strong Bad, because he is stupid while still retaining his greatest athlete character from the toons. Also, Strong Bad should have his own cartoon like Marshmallow's Last Stand.

Anyway, I disagree. Marshmallow's Last Stand was the first toon ever, and it wasn't very funny. It's not surprising that it's different to the current content of the site. Strong Bad's characterisation in the emails is consistent with his characterisation in the current toons, and is actually less bland than the way he was in Marshmallow's Last Stand. He was a one-dimensional villain back then.

Homestar's changed a lot too, he never used to be this stupid.
  • edited May 2008
    since the whole email stuff is what mostly defined strong bad's character - correct me if i'm wrong - it's fine the way it is..
    Shwoo wrote: »
    i know that...i used to be a lot smarter as a kid...i think...i just can't remember.
  • edited May 2008
    Shwoo wrote: »
    Anyway, I disagree. Marshmallow's Last Stand was the first toon ever, and it wasn't very funny. It's not surprising that it's different to the current content of the site. Strong Bad's characterisation in the emails is consistent with his characterisation in the current toons, and is actually less bland than the way he was in Marshmallow's Last Stand. He was a one-dimensional villain back then.

I thought it was very funny the way homestar runner pinned and fought with strong bad.
  • edited May 2008
    Yello Dello now Marshmallow's Last Stand, what's with your love of classic Homestar? I like Marshmallow especially how Homestar Runner gains his star, but modern day Homestar is far superior.
  • edited May 2008
    Sterrance wrote: »
    Yello Dello now Marshmallow's Last Stand, what's with your love of classic Homestar? I like Marshmallow especially how Homestar Runner gains his star, but modern day Homestar is far superior.

Classic strong bad not homestar and i just thought he should handle the emails.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited May 2008
    I like that you just want to change everything.
  • edited May 2008
    Jake wrote: »
    I like that you just want to change everything.

I just like to see strong bad a little more tough.
  • edited May 2008
    in a few scenes this can be funny, but as i see it, stong bad is mostly entertaining because he is neither to strong nor really bad, like his name implies...but totally thinks he is.
  • edited May 2008
    Ain't no blands being caused by nobody that I can see.
  • edited May 2008
    this is what has been confusing me about this whole thread. bland is an adjective, not a noun.
  • edited May 2008
    so, "a bland" isn't a real word? the whole time i thought it was because of my bad english that this sounded quite unfamiliar...on the other hand, i guess, the meaning is still obvious...isn't it?
  • edited May 2008
    wisp wrote: »
    so, "a bland" isn't a real word? the whole time i thought it was because of my bad english that this sounded quite unfamiliar...

According to dictionary.com, "bland" is an adjective, not a noun. And this is a trusted source.

Edit: The German equivalents would be "mild" to mean "lacking taste" and "höflich" to mean "emotionless."
  • edited May 2008
    Maybe 'A Blandening." I like that :D
  • MelMel
    edited May 2008
    Alternate thread titles:

Is the Strong Bad email dampening down Strong Bad's character?

Strong Bad's email results in increased blandness of Strong Bad's character.

I want a full literature review and your experimental design to test this hypothesis.

I'll stop being silly. :o
  • edited May 2008
    Genuine answer: Not more bland, no. In fact, the opposite. Far more detailed and nuanced. In The Beginning he was just a 2D 'bad guy' for Homestar to win against in fights. Now he retains the disdain for, well, almost everyone, but is a far more fleshed out character in to something much funnier and that you can recognise in other people, while still serving his purpose as a general antagonist to Homestar and Co.
  • edited May 2008
    I just like to see strong bad a little more tough.

Well,HR is comedy, so which is funnier?Strong Bad or Tough Bad?Puny Bad or Macho Bad?Mac or PC?
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited May 2008
    Strong Bad should shiv a guy.
  • edited June 2008
    WUT? shiv a guy? wuts that suposed to mean???
  • edited June 2008
    Take sharpened soap or twigs and poke them really hard.
  • edited June 2008
    "Shivved" is prison slang for being stabbed. A "shiv" is an improvised sharp knife-like weapon made in prison.
    I quoted the wiki because that's all I know on the topic.
  • edited June 2008
    Oh like being Shanked!!!
  • edited June 2008
    Personally I believe the E-mails shaped StrongBad and make him as funny
    and cool as he is today!!!
  • edited June 2008
    After watching marshmallow last stand does anyone fell that SBemails are causing a bland in strong bad's character especially everybody episode and whats with his new accent.I think homestar runner should handle all the emails instead of strong bad because he is stupid while retaining his greatest athlete character in the toons. Also strong bad should have his own cartoon which is like marshmallow last stand.

Yeah, that makes sense. (sarcasm) How does Strong Bad making up stuff that only Strong Bad could make him boring? If anything, it makes him more interesting and humorous. Plus, the Chap Bros. admitted Marshmallow's Last Stand was there first, and worst full length toon.
  • edited June 2008
    I think it is the best full length toon it just needs a remake with the help of a professional fighter to direct the fight scenes.It ranks at 10 in my best cartoons on homestar runner.
  • edited June 2008
    This guy is starting to get on my nerves, but I just can't help be entertained just a little.
  • edited June 2008
    It should have it own game with Yuke in charge of the fighting ring, fighting moves, audience, entrance etc I mean somebody already was able to make a homestar runner.http://youtube.com/watch?v=9Ilnzqlx3uE
  • edited June 2008
    Good, I'm glad you enjoyed your own post, there.
  • edited June 2008
    It should have it own game with Yuke in charge of the fighting ring, fighting moves, audience, entrance etc I mean somebody already was able to make a homestar runner.http://youtube.com/watch?v=9Ilnzqlx3uE

It does deserve a remake, but it's still originally kinda crappy.
  • edited June 2008
    ya of course its crappy, its there first toon!I don't even think they should make
    a remake!The story line is crappy and makes Strong Bad look like a wuss!
    Now days SB could beat Homestar in any competition(except running).
    Besides they could be making an awsome email instead of making a
    remake of something people don't want to see!!!
  • edited June 2008
    ya of course its crappy, its there first toon!I don't even think they should make
    a remake!The story line is crappy and makes Strong Bad look like a wuss!
    Now days SB could beat Homestar in any competition(except running).
    Besides they could be making an awsome email instead of making a
    remake of something people don't want to see!!!

I mean like the picture book remake.Different, and ACTUALLY FUNNY!
  • edited June 2008
    Now that would be cool!!!
This discussion has been closed.