Those Videlectrix guys

I heard on the Videlectrix website that you Telltale people took these guys out to lunch ...

Videlectrix_developers.jpg

I must know all the juicy details! :p

Comments

• edited April 2008
    We wouldn't want to spoil the fantasy.
  • MarkDarinMarkDarin Former Telltale Staff
    edited April 2008
    It was a very stressful lunch.
    All they had for lunch was tap water, artichoke, and "Cheese Burger in a Can".
    They insisted that we use computers to make video games. We tried to assure them that we do, but they continued to insist anyway. Then we danced.
  • edited April 2008
    MarkDarin wrote: »
    They insisted that we use computers to make video games. We tried to assure them that we do, but they continued to insist anyway.

Really? Whenever I program, I use my brain, muscles, and fingers. No computers are involved in my body! :D

Edit: BTW, Did the Videlectrix guys also insist that your games have
    GOOD GRAPHICS
    ?!?!?!?!?
  • edited April 2008
    Well, "good graphics" to them is like... Atari 5200... so it's not like it's very hard to do that.
  • edited April 2008
    I just realized that this Strong Bad thing will pretty literally be a "computer game on TV," which should make them happy.
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited May 2008
    Look here!

Proof that we're working together on this thing.

Well, "together" is a relative term. But it's proof that they're involved. :D
  • edited May 2008
    ...well, at least it's proof they're doing something...with a wiimote.
  • edited May 2008
    Emily wrote: »
    Look here!

Proof that we're working together on this thing.

Well, "together" is a relative term. But it's proof that they're involved. :D
    Did you really tell them the Wiimote would work on "all the latest systems"?

Those things ONLY work on the Wii! Silly Telltale :p
  • edited May 2008
    i've heard tales of people, who were using their wiimotes in connection with other devices...
  • edited May 2008
    Are they familiar with modern gaming technology. Beyond SCUMM?
  • edited May 2008
    On the subject of Videlectrix, I'd kill for a remake of "Where's An Egg". Greatest game in history.
  • edited May 2008
    ShaggE wrote: »
    On the subject of Videlectrix, I'd kill for a remake of "Where's An Egg". Greatest game in history.

That game was made by Videlectrix's partners in the Soviet Union. Videlectrix only released it in the west when they stumbled upon a manual page which enabled them to figure out how the heck you play it. Most likely, no trace of the original developers has been found since the Berlin Wall fell.
  • edited May 2008
    BiggerJ wrote: »
    That game was made by Videlectrix's partners in the Soviet Union. Videlectrix only released it in the west when they stumbled upon a manual page which enabled them to figure out how the heck you play it. Most likely, no trace of the original developers has been found since the Berlin Wall fell.

You mean there's actually a manual page that tells you how to play it? I mean, it's fun and all, but I just clicked places randomly until I found the egg....

I really have no idea if there's any logic to that game....
  • edited May 2008
    Molokov wrote: »
    You mean there's actually a manual page that tells you how to play it? I mean, it's fun and all, but I just clicked places randomly until I found the egg....

Play it a few times and you start to spot patterns.
  • edited May 2008
    BiggerJ wrote: »

That may be, but riddle me this: Have you ever seen Videlectrix and Sovietlectrix in the same room? And is it not true that in Soviet Russia, game develops YOU?? And most importantly, was this post just an excuse to make a Russian Reversal???
  • edited May 2008

The page used to be linked on the Videlectrix website, but not any more. However, you can still view it here - it's the fictional auction site where they bought the page from a Russian seller.
  • edited May 2008
    There is. I'll spoiler it because figuring out how to play it is half the fun.
    In every location, there is an person and an object. One of these people has an egg. You can ask people about people or things and they'll tell you the person near that thing, the thing near that person, or the location they're at. You can also ask if they know where an egg is, but the majority of characters won't know. Also, the majority of characters will always lie, which is pretty easy to spot if you ask them a question that you already know the answer to. Only one character both knows where an egg is and isn't a liar, so the real aim of the game is to figure out who that person is. Once you do, you can just go and shoot the person who has an egg.

I think Where's An Egg? might be one of my favourite games on homestarrunner.com.
  • edited May 2008
    ^ Seconded. It's a funny joke at first, but it's really a solid game. Reminiscent of Hunt The Wumpus, too.

Hallrunner is another really good one.
  • edited May 2008
    I love how with Hallrunner you can just change the .xml file to make the game however you want.
  • edited May 2008
    Did you really tell them the Wiimote would work on "all the latest systems"?

Those things ONLY work on the Wii! Silly Telltale :p

Actually you are completely wrong, I develop video games and with a few DLLs the Wii Remote can be used on a computer(not the pointing part obviously but the buttons).
  • edited May 2008
    Hey we develop games too. What a small world. Oh and with a few drivers you can get the pointer to work with the PC too.
  • edited May 2008
    wow, by that you could create a weird pc-wii hybrid..or wiic.
  • edited May 2008
    A P-Wii
  • edited May 2008
    inso wrote: »
    A P-Wii

P-Wii Herman? P-Wii League Baseball?

:D
  • edited May 2008
    inso wrote: »
    A P-Wii

Yes.

This man knows what he's talking about.