will it work in Wine?

hey folks.

i'm very keen on playing this game but have long ditched Microsoft Windows in favour of Linux.

will it work well in Wine? i urge the developers to do their best to get the game working flawlessly in Wine, as this will not only let us fans who use Linux and Mac OS X play the game, but also considerably increase the number of potential customers.

Comments

• WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited May 2008
    There is a decent chance that it will work on Wine, but probably not without some user-side fiddling. With all the work being done on the PC and Wii versions, we simply don't have time to streamline other platforms (no really, QA is swamped as it is!). So while we would certainly love to see it run perfectly on Wine, we just don't have the manpower to verify it or do any fixes.
  • edited May 2008
    Just don't pour wine on your Wii. It'll get screwed, and NOT working. I mean, Homestar wanted to pour Mountain Dew on the Lappy (he did it once, to the Compy), but the Paper pretty much tied him up, until Strong Bad saw him that way.
  • edited May 2008
    He meant the WINE "emulator" (it stands for Wine Is Not an Emulator) for Linux systems such as Ubuntu.
  • edited May 2008
    No way?You mean he didn't mean the liquid made from grapes. Crazy.
  • edited May 2008

I KNO!!
  • edited May 2008

Well would you mind explaining how this bottle of vintage 1963 Cabernet Sauvignon managed to get Half-life 2 to run on my Ubuntu PC?
    150px-Stag%27s_leap_bottle.jpg
  • edited May 2008
    After enough of it, it doesn't matter if the game runs or not. You're having a good time either way!
  • edited May 2008
    dg10050 wrote: »
    Well would you mind explaining how this bottle of vintage 1963 Cabernet Sauvignon managed to get Half-life 2 to run on my Ubuntu PC?
    150px-Stag%27s_leap_bottle.jpg
    Well, you see, there's this little thing that I like to call 'being drunk out of your gourd' that can make anything happen.
  • edited June 2008
    Thats funny
Sign in to comment in this discussion.