Chapter 4 bug

So here's an interesting one. While playing through Chapter 4, I'm now stuck in the holding cell with LeChuck after Guybrush's charges were dropped. I can still have conversations with both LeChuck and The Voodoo Lady, and Guybrush will show up outside the cell when I end them. But as soon as I start to move I'm shunted back to the cell.

Here's a screenshot. 7969055302_fce1a303b4.jpg
2012-09-10_00001 by bluepotatosack, on Flickr

Any idea how that happened? When it happened I clicked on the reinforced wall before TVL grabbed my attention.

Comments

• edited September 2012
    Oh, wow. This brings me back. I remember that the cause was found, but I don't think there's any way to fix it without loading a save or restarting the chapter. I'll do some digging around and see what I can turn up.

Edit: Okay, here's what I've got. If you ask to go to the courtroom while you're in your cell and then finish the trial, you get stuck in the cell. If you get out of the cell (ask to talk to your lawyer), then enter the courtroom by talking to the baliff at the front doors, you'll be free when the trial ends.

There's a save file from right after the trial that you can use to progress. Just follow the directions in this thread.
  • edited September 2012
    Thank you! Third playthrough and the first time I've run into this problem. Guess I should've done a search first?
  • edited September 2012
    Happy to help!
Sign in to comment in this discussion.