25th Anniversary offer

edited June 2013 in Sam & Max
Already 25?? I will never forget "S&M Hit to the road", my first computer game!! Can't remember how many floppy... Think 10 or 12... :)

I have a question. In the offers list I saw a special bundle for PS3 SCEA users but no bundle for SCEE... Am I right? Is there a reason? :confused:

Comments

• VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited September 2012
    There doesn't even seem to be an offer for the Telltale store. Just one tiny contest, twitter based even. No new Season, no new merchandise, no new videos or interviews, no new Steve Purcell art. Not exactly a "big celebration".

I'm pretty disappointed. :(

And the way those TWD spammers hijack the blog post... breaks my heart.
  • edited September 2012
    There doesn't even seem to be an offer for the Telltale store. Just one tiny contest, twitter based even. No new Season, no new merchandise, no new videos or interviews, no new Steve Purcell art. Not exactly a "big celebration".

I'm pretty disappointed. :(

Agree, a bit disappointing... I mean, 25 years!! Doesn't look like a big celebration to TTG, but S&M loyal fans deserve something more than a little discount. And the lack of a bundle for EU PS3 users disappoint me more...

What about a "S&M Hit the road" reboot, maybe HD and with voices... (Can you imagine Conroy Bumpus HD wig??) :eek: Just dreaming... :p
  • edited September 2012
    How about a Wii U release of Season 3 celebrating 25 years? I've yet to play Season 3 since I'm not all that into PC gaming anymore. I played season 1&2 on Wii despite the horrible lag and loved them both.
  • edited September 2012

Thank you. I'm glad I'm not the only one. While The Walking Dead has been amazing, the fact that it's brought in so many people who neither understand nor care about Telltale (and, to a greater extent, point-and-clicks as a whole) is really souring up the community.

Speaking of point-and-clicks, I should probably get back to playing The Longest Journey. Eventually. So far it hasn't been quite what I was told it was.
  • edited September 2012

You mean that I am a spanner?? If so I think It's a bit offensive.
    Only because I just registered to the forum does't mean I'm a spammer.
    I'm 27 yo, gaming since S&M hit the road was out.

Only Cause my first 4 or 5 posts were on the TWD board doesn't mean I'm spamming. Now that I have an account I'm using it, never offended nobody, just trying to integrate.

If I misunderstood your words I'm sorry Vain, I'm not a troll, but a forum newbie.
  • edited September 2012
    You misunderstand. He's talking about the Telltale blog, not your post here. For example, in the latest post, it talks all about the 25th anniversary of Sam & Max, but the comments are full of people complaining that The Walking Dead isn't coming out as fast as they like, instead of celebrating Sam & Max. That's what "hijack" means, because the blog post isn't about that.
  • edited September 2012
    WarpSpeed wrote: »
    You misunderstand. He's talking about the Telltale blog, not your post here. For example, in the latest post, it talks all about the 25th anniversary of Sam & Max, but the comments are full of people complaining that The Walking Dead isn't coming out as fast as they like, instead of celebrating Sam & Max. That's what "hijack" means, because the blog post isn't about that.

Oh, ok, I'm sorry, didn't saw it that way. I can see your point, many people think forums are a complaining point. Most of them probably don't even know who S&M are.

Sorry if I misunderstood... :p
  • JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited September 2012
    I grabbed Season Two for XBLA. I now wish I had waited to get Season One. I grabbed it for $20 a few weeks ago. I guess $30 for both seasons isn't that bad though.
  • edited September 2012
    Why hasn't anybody told me Sam and Max were 25?!
  • edited September 2012
    You must not be hanging out in the right circles. ;)
  • edited September 2012
    See, I told you they don't care for the dynamic duo any more! :(
  • edited September 2012
    hi there.
    I read on the blogs that sam & max games are in promotion on steam from september 13th to sept. 16th... but when I log in on steam and search for that offer, it isn't there. By the way, I live in Italy... so, is the promotion valid for USA only or do I just have to wait?
  • edited September 2012
    I'd be willing to bet that the Sam and Max games will be going on sale today at 1PM EST/10 AM PST. That's when new Steam deals usually come on.
  • edited September 2012
    so, it will come out in Italy appoximately at 7PM... geez, it's laaaaate... thanks for answering me
  • edited September 2012
    If I'm wrong, feel free to e-beat me.
  • edited September 2012
    My god on steam 75% off yesh
  • edited September 2012
    yay, I bought it! The whole three seasons bundle!! I just finished playing the first episode of the first season... great game!

So far...
  • edited September 2012
    It only gets better, dude. The plots get crazier, and the characters get zanier!
  • edited September 2012
    nice!!
  • edited September 2012
    If you are playing this series to get over depression like I was, don't play all of The Devil's Playhouse until you're feeling better though. Trust me, you'll thank me later.
  • edited September 2012
    wow, now you've made me curious...
    I hope that by the time I'll get to play that season, I'll have forgotten your words... Which might happen, with all the stuff I have to study...
  • edited September 2012
    Thought I'd get into this series, but there's no season 1 for mac...
  • edited September 2012
    Marsbergen wrote: »
    It only gets better, dude. The plots get crazier, and the characters get zanier!
    Woah im have not played season 2 yet i got season 1 season 2 and im gonna buy season 3 soon... i cant wait to see who or what T.H.E.M is....:)
    edited September 2012
    Woah im have not played season 2 yet i got season 1 season 2 and im gonna buy season 3 soon... i cant wait to see who or what T.H.E.M is....:)
    The answer is definitely crazy. :D But funny. You'll enjoy season two. I just got done re-playing it on my Xbox 360 during my re-play of all of Telltale's games.

Season Two is my personal favorite gameplay wise. Season Three is my personal favorite story wise though. :)
  • edited September 2012
    Couldn't they re-release sam and max hit the road to celebrate the 25th anniversary
    Most people who like sam ad max have probably played all 3 seasons and would like to play or replay the original game
    edited September 2012
    Hudomonkey wrote: »
    Couldn't they re-release sam and max hit the road to celebrate the 25th anniversary
    Most people who like sam ad max have probably played all 3 seasons and would like to play or replay the original game
    LucasArts is the one who has the rights to Sam & Max Hit the Road, and it's very unlikely that they'll do anything with the interim management they have right now (their president resigned and they have two people handling the duties until a new president can be found). Even then, most of their presidents aren't open to re-releasing their adventures, although it happened once with their president in 2009 (who was only president from 2008-2010), so it's unlikely but possible (I doubt it will make it in time for Sam & Max's 25th anniversary regardless).
  • edited September 2012
    I agree they should have pushed with SCEE more, announced when the planned porting of Season 1 to Mac will be and mention the possibility of Season 4 when all their other franchises dry up in a couple of years. Failing all that, like someone said, concept art from Steve Purcell, or a special edition comic strip breaking the 4th wall. I'm surprised Steve hasn't tried doing something for his own IP. Shame on him. If he foresaw he'd be busy right now, he should have done something ages ago and submitted it to TT early. Am I being too callous and upstart?
  • edited September 2012
    hi there.
    I read on the blogs that sam & max games are in promotion on steam from september 13th to sept. 16th... but when I log in on steam and search for that offer, it isn't there. By the way, I live in Italy... so, is the promotion valid for USA only or do I just have to wait?

I'm italian too. On TTG blog they say the bundle is US only, but the single season should be discounted.... But it's not. On the PSN EU both seasons are still full price......... :confused:

I love S&M, but 20 € each season is too much for a re-play... :eek:
  • edited September 2012
    Jennifer wrote: »
    The answer is definitely crazy. :D But funny. You'll enjoy season two. I just got done re-playing it on my Xbox 360 during my re-play of all of Telltale's games.

Season Two is my personal favorite gameplay wise. Season Three is my personal favorite story wise though. :)

Just got done with the tomb of summa-mak And started THEY STOLE MAXS BRAIN! My fav episode so far is whats new beesabub and the penal zone was fun and the tomb of summa-mak was great good ol jonney ho-tep:)
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited September 2012
    I spotted Steve roaming the forums yesterday... he didn't post since 2010 though. ;)

There should really be SOME negotiations for Season 4... or at least one surprise episode before Fables. I'm still suggesting Fizzball Night at the Inventory.
  • edited May 2013
    there should be an anniversary release of hit the road!
  • edited May 2013
    Fizzball Night at the Inventory.

Yes.
  • edited June 2013
    I own them all on every possible device (except mac, but that's a technicality :P) and while I enjoyed TWD very, very much, I'd much rather see a sequel to the 2010 Sam & Max than a sequel to a 2012 TWD.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.