I could KILL someone!

edited November 2012 in Jurassic Park
Seriusly, who ever made the Button Smashing at the very the end of Episode 4 for PS3 should get fired! I have tried for over 1 hour, my arm is killing me and I'm going out of my MIND!
There is no worse way to end a day playing a good game then bing stuck in the final challange with no way out.

I love this game but the guy who made the button smashing is a sadist. He's probobly having fun at all people who played through the game just to get stuck in the end. There was no problem with the button smashing in the rest of the game, JUST the last one!

Right now I'm tiered, my arm hurt and I may have been crying. I think I'll just watch the ending on Youtube.

Comments

• edited September 2012
    What are you talking about??? What's button smashing?
  • edited September 2012
    I think he's talking about the part at the end of Ep 4 when
    You have to keep tapping X to outrun the Dino and jump onto the boat.
  • edited September 2012
    But that was the greatest part of the game!!! That was the most heated part and you have to be a good player to get though it. I got through it on my first try. I was using an xbox controller too no less.
  • edited September 2012
    I was able to do it... its not supposed to be easy.. its supposed to represent how hard it would be if you had to do it for real.
  • edited September 2012
    Ittook me about four attempts, I believe. I got it when I tried setting the controller on a solid surface and pressing the buttons like an arcade pad.
  • edited September 2012
    I missed it on my first attempt and was about to start cursing when it seemed like the game was going to end like that, with the rex eating Gerry and Jess sailing away.
  • edited September 2012
    Irishmile wrote: »
    I was able to do it... its not supposed to be easy.. its supposed to represent how hard it would be if you had to do it for real.

Exactly, :) they are trying to get a feeling of horror and trying to get your adrenaline pumping in the last episode. That way there is a feeling that you are actually in Jurassic Park trying to get away from the massive T rex. Here is a tip, if you can't make it on your tenth and eleventh try and your getting frustrated, take a break and try try again!:cool:
  • edited September 2012
    Jurassic#2 wrote: »
    Exactly, :) they are trying to get a feeling of horror and trying to get your adrenaline pumping in the last episode. That way there is a feeling that you are actually in Jurassic Park trying to get away from the massive T rex. Here is a tip, if you can't make it on your tenth and eleventh try and your getting frustrated, take a break and try try again!:cool:

Thats actually a good example of how contraproductive the gameplay was. Especially in this scene there was no sense of presence or immersion whatsoever cause you couldnt concentrate on the happenings on the screen, you needed to look for prompts and react quickly, therefore focusing on the QTE-gameplay and not at all on whats actually happening. So there is no feeling of fleeing from a T-Rex, of being in Jurassic Park or the adrenaline of being chased, its just a feeling of frustration that youre not able to push the buttons fast enough. Not to mention that the more you have to repeat a section, the less the emotional impact is on the player, just like when you would watch a certain scene from a movie thousand of times in a row, it gets repetitve, boring and you loose interest.
  • edited September 2012
    Sadonicus wrote: »
    Thats actually a good example of how contraproductive the gameplay was. Especially in this scene there was no sense of presence or immersion whatsoever cause you couldnt concentrate on the happenings on the screen, you needed to look for prompts and react quickly, therefore focusing on the QTE-gameplay and not at all on whats actually happening. So there is no feeling of fleeing from a T-Rex, of being in Jurassic Park or the adrenaline of being chased, its just a feeling of frustration that youre not able to push the buttons fast enough. Not to mention that the more you have to repeat a section, the less the emotional impact is on the player, just like when you would watch a certain scene from a movie thousand of times in a row, it gets repetitve, boring and you loose interest.

Really? I grew up watching subbed anime, so I guess I've been conditioned to be able to watch the action while focusing on text on the screen.
  • edited September 2012
    T163 wrote: »
    Really? I grew up watching subbed anime, so I guess I've been conditioned to be able to watch the action while focusing on text on the screen.

You dont need to react on subs, QTE are not text. You need to check your timing, memorize what buttons were prompted and react fast, that demands attention and distracts from whats happening more or less, especially when so hard and excessively used like in this game. This is absolutely not comparable to subs in a movie.
  • edited September 2012
    Sadonicus wrote: »
    You dont need to react on subs, QTE are not text. You need to check your timing, memorize what buttons were prompted and react fast, that demands attention and distracts from whats happening more or less, especially when so hard and excessively used like in this game. This is absolutely not comparable to subs in a movie.

Our opinions differ greatly on this point. As such, let's return to the topic at hand.

The last run was one of the hardest parts in the game, but I never felt like it wasn't enjoyable.
  • edited September 2012
    I didn't find the end sequence any more or less frustrating then any other part of the game. ALL the qte sequences were tedious and annoying and quite simply inhumanly impossible. The reaction time required to complete any of the two or three button sequences correctly without having first memorised the sequence was beyond realistic. I resigned myself to the frustration that the qte's brought about early on in the game as I was enjoying the story. I was so disappointed that Telltale had resorted to this cheap nasty cop out of a game mechanic. I really don't know what else they could have done but I all but concur with PKCrusader, I think 90% of this game would have been more enjoyable just watched then "played". The whole thing felt like a scratched DVD that kept skipping until I pressed the play button enough times at the right times.

Would have made a great movie.... Terrible game though.
  • edited November 2012
    PKCrusader wrote: »
    Seriusly, who ever made the Button Smashing at the very the end of Episode 4 for PS3 should get fired!
    I concur with that.
  • edited November 2012
    Please try not to bump a two month old topic without good reason.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.