Clip of new W&G-short released!

edited October 2012 in Wallace & Gromit
There's a new Wallace & Gromit short coming in July. Sadly, it's only going to be a minute long, so we can't expect something as grand as The Wrong Trousers or Matter of Loaf and Death.

A short clip, a behind the scenes featurette and more details are available here: http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/05/05/brief-clip-some-behindthescens-from-wallace-gromit/

There are rumours flying around that Peter Sallis isn't voicing Wallace in this one. It sure does sound like the guy who did the voice in the Telltale episodes. Pretty cool to see him voice the actual claymation Wallace model.

Comments

• edited May 2012
    i wonder will Lady Tottington will be in it since Wallace & Gromit go to Tottington hall
  • JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited May 2012
    Tjibbbe wrote: »
    There are rumours flying around that Peter Sallis isn't voicing Wallace in this one. It sure does sound like the guy who did the voice in the Telltale episodes. Pretty cool to see him voice the actual claymation Wallace model.
    It definitely does sound like Ben Whitehead indeed. And I have to agree with you, it's nice to see that he's voicing Wallace in the shorts now. Peter Sallis is 91 now, so it's understandable if he can't voice Wallace anymore. And Ben is definitely a great replacement. :)
  • edited July 2012
    Jennifer wrote: »
    It definitely does sound like Ben Whitehead indeed. And I have to agree with you, it's nice to see that he's voicing Wallace in the shorts now. Peter Sallis is 91 now, so it's understandable if he can't voice Wallace anymore. And Ben is definitely a great replacement. :)

Wow, he's really upped his game. He was good in Grand Adventures but you could still tell the difference. He had Wallace's mannerisims down but his voice was a slightly different pitch. From that clip I could hardly tell the difference though.
    edited August 2012
    The full short (just over a minute) is now available to view online. There's not a whole lot more than what was in the teaser clip (which is to be expected due to it's short length), but it's good to see a new Wallace & Gromit short none-the-less. :D
  • edited September 2012
    If anyone was too stupid to know, the game was based off of the shorts of Wallace & Gromit, there was even a movie! The guy sounds a bit different from all of his other work, I am a HUGE W&G fan and I would love a new short, but this was a promo ad for a festival that came out months ago. This is no new clip of a new short. :(
    edited October 2012
    If anyone was too stupid to know, the game was based off of the shorts of Wallace & Gromit, there was even a movie! The guy sounds a bit different from all of his other work, I am a HUGE W&G fan and I would love a new short, but this was a promo ad for a festival that came out months ago. This is no new clip of a new short. :(
    A Jubilee Bunt-a-thon isn't an ad, it's a one minute short like some of the Cracking Contraptions. It was actually shown on the big screen at Jubilee celebrations held by the National Trust at certain locations in the UK.

The bigger Wallace & Gromit news this year though was Musical Marvels: Wallace & Gromit at the BBC Proms. A Jubilee Bunt-a-thon was a cute little tidbit of a short, but Musical Marvels was fantastic. The animated sequences in-between the musical pieces were Wallace & Gromit at their best. If you get a chance to watch it, I highly recommend it (if you haven't seen it already). :D
Sign in to comment in this discussion.