Season Four

edited September 2012 in Sam & Max
Telltale just finished their latest game and has no news of a new one. Will they pop out a Rabbit AND a Dog out of their hat?

Comments

• edited September 2012
    It's unlikely, Telltale still has Fables and King Quest to do but they could still announce it. Also there is already a Season 4 thread.
  • edited September 2012
    Considering it's Telltale's biggest franchise, most likely eventually. It just may be a while.
    As we know, other projects are in the works right now, and Telltale's branching out into new territories. But I think Sam & Max will always be the thing they return to. Telltale, if anything, are NOT a company to forget their roots, and Sam & Max helped launch Telltale into success in the first place.
    I think after all the Fables/King's Quest/etc are finished with, there's a pretty good possibility a new Sam & Max project will be on the horizon.

But there's also the matter of Telltale needing a concept. Each Sam & Max season has been progressively more expansive and impressive than the last, meaning I'm sure Telltale will want to make Season 4 even better than Season 3, and let's face it - Season 3 will be HARD to beat, especially in terms of story.
    All in all, just give it time. I know over 2 years without hearing anything about the possibility of a new season seems like a long time, I'm definitely with you on that, but we're also a bit spoiled! Fans of the original Hit the Road had to wait 13 years for a new game! I think we can wait maybe 3 or 4, yeah?
  • edited September 2012
    Telltale just finished their latest game and has no news of a new one. Will they pop out a Rabbit AND a Dog out of their hat?

"Just finished their latest game"? What game is that? Walking Dead is still going on and I have no memory of anything else happening.
  • edited September 2012
    Gman5852 wrote: »
    "Just finished their latest game"? What game is that? Walking Dead is still going on and I have no memory of anything else happening.

The walking dead is FINISHED. They made episode 5 last month.
  • edited September 2012
    Let's get some more votes! We could get Telltale's attention. Get your friends and tell them to vote! I know we are all curious of what everyone thinks! :)
  • edited September 2012
    Considering it's Telltale's biggest franchise, most likely eventually. It just may be a while.
    As we know, other projects are in the works right now, and Telltale's branching out into new territories. But I think Sam & Max will always be the thing they return to. Telltale, if anything, are NOT a company to forget their roots, and Sam & Max helped launch Telltale into success in the first place.
    I think after all the Fables/King's Quest/etc are finished with, there's a pretty good possibility a new Sam & Max project will be on the horizon.

But there's also the matter of Telltale needing a concept. Each Sam & Max season has been progressively more expansive and impressive than the last, meaning I'm sure Telltale will want to make Season 4 even better than Season 3, and let's face it - Season 3 will be HARD to beat, especially in terms of story.
    All in all, just give it time. I know over 2 years without hearing anything about the possibility of a new season seems like a long time, I'm definitely with you on that, but we're also a bit spoiled! Fans of the original Hit the Road had to wait 13 years for a new game! I think we can wait maybe 3 or 4, yeah?

Just to be clear, I'm not saying it's unlikely that Season 4 will be made. I'm saying it's unlikely it will be made next because that's what it sounded like he was saying. It sounded like he was asking will it be made now that Walking Dead season 1 is almost over.
  • edited September 2012

Where did you hear episode 5 was finished last month?
  • edited September 2012

Umm no. I find that hard to believe when episode 4 is still in production.

Episode 3 finished last month.
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited September 2012
    Please keep Season 4 speculation in the respective sticky thread.

Also, Trev, you can EDIT your posts. There's no need to keep deleting your own posts to make new ones, and please also don't answer to your own posts.
This discussion has been closed.