Sam and Max: Surfin' the Highway Hardcover Numbers

edited June 2013 in Sam & Max
surfinhardcover3.jpg

What number Sam and Max: Surfin' the Highway (hardcover edition) did you get? I plan on taking all numbers posted and compiling a list of corresponding usernames. Obviously this isn't going to be complete since not everyone who bought a copy frequents the forums, but I thought this might be cool.

Click here for list: http://mvzig.com/SaMStH.txt

I'll try to update the list every day or two.

Comments

• edited June 2008
    I got number 1001.

I thought it was pretty cool.
  • edited June 2008
  • edited June 2008
    We should form a gang. Just saying...
  • edited June 2008
    466 edit: ah already got mine from main thread. :D
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2008
    2501 (actually unnumbered) went to Steve Purcell
    2502 (also unnumbered) is floating around Telltale's office. I am going to try and con my way into claiming it, though.
  • edited June 2008
    Jake wrote: »
    2501 (actually unnumbered) went to Steve Purcell
    2502 (also unnumbered) is floating around Telltale's office. I am going to try and con my way into claiming it, though.

After all the work you put into these books you have to con your way into getting one? lol
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2008
    One of the unnumbered ones. I'll surely end up getting one of the regular ones :P
  • edited June 2008
    Still waiting for mine to be sent!
  • edited June 2008
    Jake wrote: »
    One of the unnumbered ones. I'll surely end up getting one of the regular ones :P
    well, if steve got the unnumbered one...then you can have number one. that way everything would be like i predicted, which might end up to be quite nice.
    also, nobody would be lame...except me maybe. :D
  • edited June 2008
    Ooo I can't wait.. I hope I get a really awesome and random number that has some meaning hahah. too bad someone already got 911, maybe 999 for us brits? 111 for the kiwis.
    There's a part of me that sort of wants 2500 hahaha.
  • edited June 2008
    Maybe 21 would be cool because it's 21 years since the first Sam and Max comic
  • edited June 2008
    If I get 226 I'll freak out because I keep seeing that number everywhere. THE NUMBERS ARE BAD!!!
  • edited June 2008
    What about 13 or The Number 23?
  • edited June 2008
    I got 1009 and 1010, yeah I bought two, and I'm leaving 1009 in its wrapper safe in a box high on a shelf. If I had known, in my younger years, that the original printing wasn't going to last forever then I would have bought several of those, as it is mine is pretty hammered. But I love the construction of the hardcover, it's like a textbook without all the tedious learning and such.:D
  • edited June 2008
    Col_Shaggy wrote: »
    I got 1009 and 1010, yeah I bought two, and I'm leaving 1009 in its wrapper safe in a box high on a shelf. If I had known, in my younger years, that the original printing wasn't going to last forever then I would have bought several of those, as it is mine is pretty hammered. But I love the construction of the hardcover, it's like a textbook without all the tedious learning and such.:D

But it does teach us. Just the important things, like how to disembody a criminal or how to pick out the least nutrious corn dog (so much so that it isn't classed as food anymore) to eat.
  • edited June 2008
    I ended up with #374
  • edited June 2008
    The UPS guy dropped off my package a short while ago. I wound up with number 906. I thought about flipping the included card upside down to fool my friends, but then I realized that it would read 906 either way. Overall, I'm happy with the hardcover. I was a bit worried after reading Slothboy's post in the other thread yesterday, but thankfully, those fears weren't realized.
  • edited June 2008

Posted that in the other thread before I realized this one existed.
  • edited June 2008
    534!
  • Macfly77Macfly77 Moderator
    edited June 2008
    #901 for me.
  • MelMel
    edited June 2008
    502. Mine was thrown over the fence that surrounds my little side yard. :p

The poor UPS guy didn't have much choice. Some people moved out of their apartment, filling the dumpster to overflowing. With no place to put my own garbage, it sat right by my front door, so the UPS guy didn't have a place to put the box. I should say that he didn't fling it, just dropped it over (with no bumps or bruises).
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2008
    One time a UPS guy left a package nestled in the top of this huge bush (tree, really) next to our driveway. I didn't notice the package until a day or two later when I happened to come in the front door (I usually go thru the garage) and noticed a delivery confirmation note stuck to the door. Under "special instructions", the guy had written BUSH. I had no clue what that meant...

I eventually found it, but we needed a stepladder to get the damn box out of the tree. Really weird.

Also, I love that this thread exists. I want everyone with a forum account who bought a hardcover to post here and let us know what number they got. :D
  • MelMel
    edited June 2008
    That's funny! :D I guess they didn't want the packages to get ripped off by anyone.

I haven't taken the shrink wrap off yet either. I saw the number on the back on a card (or envelope maybe). Is the book plate inside of that?
  • edited June 2008
    I got #937.
  • edited June 2008
    Once my posty didn't even deliver my package, they didn't leave a card, nuttin' and just took it to the post office. It was only when I went to check at the post office if any had happened to it as I was moving 5 hours anyway when I found it was there and if I hadn't collected it, in a few days it would have been sent back. Lazy gits.

And I would have been mad cos it was my Batman, Robin, Joker and Harley Quinn snow globe (which I've been wanting for months!)

Sorry rant over. But the morale of the story is... posties SUCK.
    edited June 2008
    The number thing on the pack is just a piece of paper. The book plate is glued to the first page of the book.
  • edited June 2008
    Emily wrote: »
    One time a UPS guy left a package nestled in the top of this huge bush (tree, really) next to our driveway. I didn't notice the package until a day or two later when I happened to come in the front door (I usually go thru the garage) and noticed a delivery confirmation note stuck to the door. Under "special instructions", the guy had written BUSH. I had no clue what that meant...

I eventually found it, but we needed a stepladder to get the damn box out of the tree. Really weird.
    I had something delivered once where the guy left a message in my door saying "package bin" and I thought "wtf?!" and opened my wheelie bin and rustled around trying to find it. Then I noticed the wheelie bin had been slightly moved forward and the package was behind it against the wall. From the front of the driveway on you couldn't even notice the difference and thanks to the incorrect information left I had to sort through rubbish instead :(
  • edited June 2008
    ohh, the package bin....isn't that the thing that people put in front of their houses once a week?
  • edited June 2008
    Still waiting here in bonny ol' england.. but these delivery stories are hilarious!
  • edited June 2008
    I got my book today, I'm 344.
  • edited June 2008
  • edited June 2008
    I got #411. The UPS delivery guy put the package in the back seat of my car, since nobody was home and my dogs like to eat boxes. I ended up driving around for 4 days before looking in the back seat and finding it. Thank goodness nobody broke into my car.
  • edited June 2008
    jfreez1313 wrote: »
    I got #411. The UPS delivery guy put the package in the back seat of my car, since nobody was home and my dogs like to eat boxes. I ended up driving around for 4 days before looking in the back seat and finding it. Thank goodness nobody broke into my car.

How the heck did he get it into your car? Does your mailman have a key to it?
  • FWZFWZ
    edited June 2008
    I got 1041
  • edited June 2008
    I won't know until august :-/ sorry. I'll post then which number, if i remember.

Although what i can tell so far, based on one of my neighbors calling me about it (and i'm assuming it was the book because i'm not expecting anything else at that address), apparently my book was delivered to the wrong address.
  • EmiEmi
    edited June 2008
    I got 601. You guys did an excellent job. It's as nice as the Tatsumi manga I own.
  • edited June 2008
    Thanks Emily, wish I had of checked around a bit before posting so hastily, it seems you've answered the same question numerous times.
    edited June 2008
    See this post.

Several cartons of books that were supposed to go to the warehouse came to Telltale by mistake. Right now they're on a truck back to the warehouse. When they arrive there, the rest of the orders will ship.
  • edited June 2008
    I see you've added me as #1063, but I'm really #1064. :D
  • edited June 2008
    Thanks for adding me to the list. :D
Sign in to comment in this discussion.