October

Will host ep. 4. This one will most likley be a halloween special. Wh:confused:t do you think?

Comments

• edited June 2008
    I think you think it's cool. Jibblie.
  • edited June 2008
    Rocoulm is on the loose, and SB's gotta capture it!But he cannot be seen by it, so SB must become STRONG NINJA!Ocasionally, you will take the role of Homestar to talk to everyone.But, they will be jibblied, one by one, so you could take items from them!
  • edited June 2008
    Strong Max wrote: »
    Will host ep. 4. This one will most likley be a halloween special. Wh:confused:t do you think?

I think you're....jumping to conclusions!
  • edited June 2008
    xChri5x wrote: »

that post left me feeling very empty inside
  • edited June 2008
    If we have a Halloween game they will not need to do a Halloween cartoon, which means anyone who can't afford SBCG or watches H*R on public cpus won't get to see the Halloween goodness. That leads me to the realistic conclusion of No Halloween episode that is like the cartoons..... HOWEVER, a game that describes how they prepare for Halloween wouldn't cross that Fan Betrayal boundary.
  • edited June 2008
    Don't make the whole thing Haloween themed! Please, just a little.
  • WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2008
    xChri5x wrote: »

I think it would be fair to rename this forum the "Jump to Conclusions Forum."
  • edited June 2008
    Will wrote: »
    I think it would be fair to rename this forum the "Jump to Conclusions Forum."
    Agreed.
  • edited June 2008
    InfamousDS wrote: »
    If we have a Halloween game they will not need to do a Halloween cartoon, which means anyone who can't afford SBCG or watches H*R on public cpus won't get to see the Halloween goodness. That leads me to the realistic conclusion of No Halloween episode that is like the cartoons..... HOWEVER, a game that describes how they prepare for Halloween wouldn't cross that Fan Betrayal boundary.
    More conclusion jumping.
    Do you have any evidence to prove that they wouldn't do a Halloween cartoon other than "Well, they would have the game so they wouldn't have to?" If not, shut up.
  • edited June 2008
    Maybe if and this is a big if, I think it would be cool, if they were to release a special edition christmas episode each year. Probably won't happen, but I think it would be good-ish.
  • edited June 2008

lolwut?
  • edited June 2008
    Ok, TrogLlama. I'm going to present you with something to think about. Imagine, if you will, that within your immediate grasp are 2 similar items. They feature the same characters, an identical story, and ultimately the same conclusion, though the means to reach it are slightly different. The one on the left is a free video, the one on the right is a (assumed) $10 video game. Given the choice between the two, which seems the most reasonable? The majority of people, except the extreme fans who must own all things related to the subject, will ignore the game at first in order to spend their money on better things. Some will ignore it completely. It is with that logic I made my conclusion about the 4th episode.

I doubt that The Chapman Brothers would be willing to animate a story that has already been animated and made into a game, or write a completely different story with all new costumes because the original was turned into a game. It stands to reason that they would only want to do voices for and animate for an original idea that could only be found through the website they have hosted all these years. A simultaneous Halloween Episode/Cartoon would have 1 of 2 reactions: People ignore the site, or as I already said, people ignore the game. People ignoring the site may already be very likely to happen with the release of the first episode, just as it may increase viewership. And to quote you, since we don't know, shut up. You know as much as the rest of us since you don't have a Telltale job, you have no right to be so condescending.
  • edited June 2008
    You guys need to calm down. There could easily be a Halloween cartoon just as easily as there could not be.
  • edited June 2008
    Ok, TrogLlama. I'm going to present you with something to think about. Imagine, if you will, that within your immediate grasp are 2 similar items. They feature the same characters, an identical story, and ultimately the same conclusion, though the means to reach it are slightly different. The one on the left is a free video, the one on the right is a (assumed) $10 video game. Given the choice between the two, which seems the most reasonable? The majority of people, except the extreme fans who must own all things related to the subject, will ignore the game at first in order to spend their money on better things. Some will ignore it completely. It is with that logic I made my conclusion about the 4th episode.

I doubt that The Chapman Brothers would be willing to animate a story that has already been animated and made into a game, or write a completely different story with all new costumes because the original was turned into a game. It stands to reason that they would only want to do voices for and animate for an original idea that could only be found through the website they have hosted all these years. A simultaneous Halloween Episode/Cartoon would have 1 of 2 reactions: People ignore the site, or as I already said, people ignore the game. People ignoring the site may already be very likely to happen with the release of the first episode, just as it may increase viewership. And to quote you, since we don't know, shut up. You know as much as the rest of us since you don't have a Telltale job, you have no right to be so condescending.

Double lolwut?
  • edited June 2008

No, no, see, you're doing it again.
    You aren't TBC, so you don't know what they are/are not willing to do. I'm not trying to be condecending, I'm just trying to state the facts: You are jumping to conclusions. Please stop that. Thank you.
    As a side note, I fail to see how the game would make people not watch the cartoons.
  • edited June 2008
    I'm gonna side with TrogLlama here.
  • edited June 2008
    TrogLlama wrote: »
    As a side note, I fail to see how the game would make people not watch the cartoons.

If anything, I would think playing the game would entice people to visit the site and give it a try; or visa versa.
  • edited June 2008
    BadStrong wrote:
    visa versa

I think you mean "Vice Versa," which literally means "in the turned turn"

"Visa versa" means "in the turned view"
  • edited June 2008
    BadStrong wrote: »
    If anything, I would think playing the game would entice people to visit the site and give it a try; or visa versa.
    Exactly.
    Who says "I just played this great game, now I don't need to bother to watch the free cartoon that spawned it?"
  • edited June 2008
    I think you mean "Vice Versa," which literally means "in the turned turn"

"Visa versa" means "in the turned view"
    *Nee, Nor, Nee, Nor.* Hello, my name is Iron Curtain on behalf of the grammar police. But, you have a point.
  • edited June 2008
    But still they could make a competly original Halloween Episode.

Like what happens before, during, and after Halloween. Maybe they could put a Decemberween part in there 2.
  • edited June 2008
    StrongMatt wrote: »
    *Nee, Nor, Nee, Nor.* Hello, my name is Iron Curtain on behalf of the grammar police. But, you have a point.

Hey. I'm part of the Latin Police! The Grammar police is a different division.

And personally, the Latins don't get along that good, er, well with the Grammars. We've had a long history of internecine rivalry.
  • edited June 2008
    Come again?
  • edited July 2008
    Wow.

I'd venture that there's a 100% chance that there will be a Halloween cartoon on the web site this October. They've missed Decemberweens, but I don't think they've ever missed a Halloween.

As for the video game, my guess is that there'll be a Halloween episode if Telltale wants there to be. The games have to be written long before the cartoons do, so from the Bros. Chaps' perspective I doubt they'd have any problem doing both a Halloween game and a Halloween cartoon, since their contribution to the game would happen months before the cartoon is started.
  • edited July 2008
    Hey. I'm part of the Latin Police! The Grammar police is a different division.

And personally, the Latins don't get along that good, er, well with the Grammars. We've had a long history of internecine rivalry.

Nice. :D
  • edited July 2008
    They need to do a Decemberween episode in October, just to throw everyone off. Then, when every is all like 'OH NO! WHERE HAS MY HALLOWEEN EPISODE GONE?' They will release in late May. That will stick it to 'em good.
  • edited July 2008
    The best thing to do would be to have a Halloween-themed episode that ties into the site's Halloween Toon in some way. That'd be awesome. Though depending on how it's done, it could annoy people who don't plan on getting the games.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.