Should I buy this game?

So I'm relatively new to telltale's games. Ive played and loved the first three episodes of the walking dead series. But recently I saw some footage of the Jurassic Park game and I thought it looked pretty cool. I probably woud have got this game by now but Ive heard some really bad things about it. The thing is Episode 4 of TWD is still a ways off and I'd really like to break into something new so I'll give one more go.

Please let me know if this game is worth my time. Also Im getting the 360 version if that makes a difference. Thanks guys.

Comments

• edited September 2012
    It depends if you like a game that's almost completely QTE's with about 1 or 2 puzzles in each episode but I think Back To The Future is better than Jurassic Park and for that matter almost all of Telltale's games are far better than Jurassic Park in my opinion.
  • edited September 2012
    I really liked Heavy Rain and thats big on QTEs. Is the story atleast engaging enough?
  • edited September 2012
    It's basically pure QTE. The puzzles are minor, and usually blend right into the QTEs.

IF you're a big JP fan, and you're okay with the gameplay style(watch a vid on Youtube to be sure), it is a fun game with a good story that ties right into the first movie.
  • edited September 2012
    That's the biggest thing. The story is good and really ties into the movie well, but the gameplay isn't quite as engaging as other games out there, even in the TellTale library. It all depends on if you're a fan of Jurassic Park or not.
  • edited September 2012
    I love THE STORY in this game. I HATE the gameplay. I think if you're a Jurassic Park fan and you can get the game at a good price I say go for it. My biggest problem with it is that Telltale have made a GREAT Jurassic Park "movie" but a terrible game. I would enjoy sitting watching this play through as a film. I'm not overly enjoying playing it. The issue is the qte's. Soooo frustrating. You need almost superhuman reflexes in order to hit the right directions on que without having first died 2 or 3 times and memorized the sequence. They are an exercise in frustration. Many times during the qte's I have exclaimed how stupid and annoying this game is (amongst the expletives) but I DO continue playing it because I AM enjoying the story.
  • edited September 2012
    Do not buy this game. The characters in this game will drive you nuts with their stupidity!
  • edited September 2012
    Feonor wrote: »
    Do not buy this game. The characters in this game will drive you nuts with their stupidity!

To be perfectly frank, the characters in the movie weren't exactly Albert Einstein either.
  • edited October 2012
    To be perfectly frank, the characters in the movie weren't exactly Albert Einstein either.

He's complained before about this, and I don't get it. The game characters are no less intelligent than any other PC or NPC.
  • edited October 2012
    I think overall the characters were pretty good. Somewhat movie stereotypes and not all that deep but I didn't feel like there was anything bad about them. I think the biggest complaint is SPOILERS.......... right near the end. I don't care how intent the guy was to get the canister before it fell in the water you don't suddenly forget that there's a hungry T-Rex chasing after you. Other then that I felt like the characters were just typical "movie" characters. This is an action story not an in depth study of the human condition. Can't expect too much.
  • edited October 2012
    Well I did get it and I had alot of fun with it. Enjoyed the story and didnt mind the QTEs for the most part. All in all, no regrets.
  • edited October 2012
    Yes you should buy this game. But just to tell you right off the bat it is not a RPG game, there are button press events and you do not move the character around with a controller like other games. It
    s basically you move the camera over something and it gives you the button to press and when you press it it plays almost a cut scene. There are different puzzles where this method works but it wasn't what everyone wanted. Personally I liked it and I strongly urge you to buy it. I guess it depends on someones personality to like the game.
  • edited October 2012
    Telltale tried to do something different with JP and I don't think it quite worked. That's not to say it's bad, it does have split opinions though; it's just different. I personally felt the characters were good and other then some minor flaws, the story was good too. There is this weird view on QTE's that they're all bad. Personally, I think that's rubbish. QTE's can be good there just rarely done right.
  • edited October 2012
    If you're a Jurassic Park fan or a Telltale fan or both,just buy it.It's worth it.Even if you only want it for collection.
  • edited October 2012
    If you're a Jurassic Park fan or a Telltale fan or both,just buy it.It's account it.Even if you alone demand it for collection.
  • edited October 2012
    Dude that's what I just said -_-
Sign in to comment in this discussion.