Why does Nintendo hate WiiWare?

It seems they are ignoring the "eagerly awaited" WiiWare in favor of disc-based games. (refer to my Ghostbusters comment in another thread) Shouldn't developers be annoyed that nothing they say matters until after the games have released on WiiWare? You guys already have a plethora of videos and concept art that could be made into a video, and yet I have seen nothing about S&M or SBCG in the Nintendo Channel. I am also aware that Telltale has sent in a video for this channel, and I would very much like to see it. I vote that developers sign a petition to have their videos take precedence if the release is within 1 month over the videos for games that will not be released for almost a year. Do you guys have enough developer buddies to accomplish that?

Comments

• edited May 2008
    Even though they were mentioned in Nintendo Power, The Nintendo Channel usually has stuff relating to SBCG4AP in June, preferrably around the time that the game comes out. You just gotta give them time, okay?
  • edited May 2008
    I honestly don't see why you'd need the Nintendo Channel to promote WiiWare. You never know what's getting released when, so it's best to just put up videos of games that they have on so you can see if you're interested.
  • edited May 2008
    There is no use for the Nintendo Channel except to release videos IGN will put up later and to play DS demos. The DS demos thing is, by the way, really fantastic.
  • edited May 2008
    There's a trailer on homestarrunner.com. That's the best advertisement there is. Right where the fans can see it.
  • edited July 2008
    yeah the demos thing is great. i can play one level of a game for hours and hours!!!! anyway, i hope they put up somethin to make it not suck
  • edited July 2008
    Yeah.... Nintendo hates the service that they, themselves, began.

That makes tons of sense.
  • edited July 2008
    If you search for Sam & Max on the Nintendo Channel, you will find it, and there is a little blooper video that doesn't make any sence.

There will be SBCG4AP videos on the Nintendo Channel once it comes out, trust me.
  • edited July 2008
    They always have an info video the day it is released for all WiiWare titles, like

My Ranch: Info Video

that you can watch to see if you wanna buy it. The Monday that it is released they will definitely have a video up for it.
  • edited July 2008
    Sam&Max On Nintedo Channle
Sign in to comment in this discussion.