Is production for SBCG4AP holding up SB e-mails?

I noticed that there hasn't been a new e-mail in a couple weeks. Do you think SBCG4AP has anything to do with that?

Comments

• edited July 2008
    It seems inevitable. What with the interviews and other PR, the regular communication with Telltale on design and writing, and the voice acting, sbcg4ap probably uses up quite a bit of the brothers' time and energy. Matt noted in an interview that the first two episodes add up to as much dialog as two years worth of the site! So it's understandable if they're taking it a bit slower with the site updates.
  • edited July 2008
    true.
  • edited July 2008
    on the other hand...they released some new shorts since production of the game started.
  • edited July 2008
    I guess they're all Strong Bad'd out, since he's the main character of the game. Well, there will be enough ingame e-mails to make up for all the missed updates.

Also, e-mail 200 is coming up and they always procrastinate on e-mail milestones.
  • edited July 2008
    Kayube wrote: »
    procrastinate
    well, that's a nice word...i have to remember that.
    anyway, you may be onto something with the 200th email idea. the current email is 195, right? so there are five more to go to the big 200 and the fact, that they have been doing non-strong-bad shorts, may be a hint that there will be cartoons accompanying every episode of sbcg4ap and sbemail 200 will form the great finale to the season...or something. of course that's just an idea...
  • edited July 2008
    it seems like that might be the case.
  • edited July 2008
    Is production for SBCG4AP holding up SB e-mails? Reply to Thread

More than likely. These games have a lot of dialog. Have you ever just sat around all day talking to everybody and looking at everything you can in Sam and Max or any adventure game? The brother's Chaps are doing the voices and helping with editing the script etc, and there's no way they're saving the recording time for each episode between each episode release. After they've got the script done and spoken, they may have a little more time for they're precious website and it's numerous fans.

And I wouldn't be surprised if the last 5 sbemails would be presented in game, with a dialog tree to decide what to write to this sap who can't spell or use the shift key at the right time. Then later they'd be put on the homestarrunner site as a flash video with TBC's favourite dialog choices. That would be cool, especially if they're planning to keep the sbemails real with the changing locations/flashbacks and little pop ups of candy bars or posters or whatnot, presented in all 3 of the glorious Ds.
  • edited July 2008
    wisp wrote: »
    well, that's a nice word...i have to remember that.
    anyway, you may be onto something with the 200th email idea. the current email is 195, right? so there are five more to go to the big 200 and the fact, that they have been doing non-strong-bad shorts, may be a hint that there will be cartoons accompanying every episode of sbcg4ap and sbemail 200 will form the great finale to the season...or something. of course that's just an idea...
    Nope, on the main page of hometarrunner.com says there is a sbemail soon.
    ( also see hrwiki.org for more details)
  • edited July 2008
    From the wiki it looks like announcements like that usually produced an e-mail within the same, or next day. So hopefully we'll get some kinda Strong Bad goodness today after all.
  • edited July 2008
    In case you haven't noticed, a DVD is due out about now. Actually it was probably due last month. The Chaps are probably working on the commentary. Things are always slow around the site when a DVD is about to come out.
  • edited July 2008
    Ungh... today they updated the site... and did absolutly nothing. Just a teaser. Lamoes.
  • edited July 2008
    what teaser ??????????????
    link it
  • MarkDarinMarkDarin Former Telltale Staff
    edited July 2008
  • edited July 2008
    Shoop da whoop!

-m0r
  • Whoa, getting close to 200'th email... my guess is that they'll all talk/play SCG4AP in it, by that time it'll be out.

Still, I think the email's and shorts are getting back to the regular pace now that they've finished Episode 1... now a billion work for episode 2....
  • edited July 2008
    MarkDarin wrote: »
    A new email is up!

ohh, thank you. i hope you are aware of the fact, that you totally ruined my elaborate theory...well, actually it wasn't really you...but you know what happens to the bringer of bad news, right? okay, it's not bad news either...soo...

...whoo, new sbemail.
  • edited July 2008
    wisp wrote: »
    ...but you know what happens to the bringer of bad news, right?

Throw the dev down the well,
    so my Sparta can be free.
  • edited July 2008
    They seem to be picking up lately, thankfully! I just hope that doesn't slow down the game, either. ;)
  • ShauntronShauntron Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2008
    Fancy that, more new email!

http://www.homestarrunner.com/sbemail197.html
  • edited July 2008
    Lol, that was pretty fast! :)
  • edited July 2008
    "Hey Strongbad minus" hehehe
  • edited July 2008
    "The Cheat! It's time to get our shenan on! Again!"

Terrible pun, but it had me laughing for a long time.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.