Wii U plan

edited February 2013 in Sam & Max
The WiiU out soon, i want know if telltale have plan for make games on WiiU like the three first season of Sam & Max.

Comments

• edited November 2012
    I'm sure Telltale will do something for the Wii U eventually, but no plans have been announced yet.

It would be neat to see a collection of all three seasons, though, especially since Seasons 1 and 2 have yet to get a proper console port. (The Wii and 360 versions both have their share of problems.)
  • JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited November 2012
    I didn't experience any problems in the Season One and Two port of Sam & Max to XBLA. I actually thought it was a better experience, being in HD and adding the ability to double click to run.
  • edited November 2012
    Maybe they could fix the mistakes that were in the Wii version!

(Speaking of, I don't think they did S3 for the Wii... maybe they could do that for this one.)
  • edited November 2012
    Jennifer wrote: »
    I didn't experience any problems in the Season One and Two port of Sam & Max to XBLA. I actually thought it was a better experience, being in HD and adding the ability to double click to run.

The XBLA ports were as good as they could be (at least they didn't have the same technical issues as the Wii ports), but the controls sort of bugged me since a thumbstick is very, very different from a mouse.
  • edited November 2012
    I really don't know about Sam and Max on Wii U. But, I think Telltale might put The Walking Dead on Wii U.
  • edited November 2012
    While I have no plans to put money into Nintendo's new platform, I would hope they'd utilize the stylus that comes with the Wii U.
  • edited December 2012
    Didn't Telltale already release Sam and Max for retail on the Wii? It might be a very small possibility that they will port it to Wii U. More recent games from Telltale are more likely to be on Wii U.
  • edited December 2012
    Zeruis wrote: »
    More recent games from Telltale are more likely to be on Wii U.
    My thoughts. They may port The Walking Dead (given it's a nice little moneymaker for them), but I doubt Telltale would do anything with games older than that.

There's also the issue of controls. How they would use the dual screens? Would they have the same image on both? Would they use the touch screen to manage inventory?
  • edited December 2012
    There's also the issue of controls. How they would use the dual screens? Would they have the same image on both? Would they use the touch screen to manage inventory?

I'd imagine that they'd have the same image/screen on the controller. You couldn't really "manage" your inventory in TWD, it was just sort of "there" on the screen. Because of that, there'd be not a whole lot to go by on the Wii U controller.
  • edited December 2012
    I don't think it would be necessary to port S1 and S2, but a Season Three Disc Compilation/downloadable edition would be nice :)
  • edited February 2013
    I hope so, am a huge fan of Telltale and it seems like their new interactive-movie games (such as The Walking Dead) would be a perfect match with Wii U and its controller. And since the game is out on mobilephones i think Telltale already know the potential of this! Hopefully!
  • Agreed :D The touchscreen interface could do wonders for point-and-click adventure games, especially when the screen for pointing and clicking is right in front of you.

Nwty posted: »

I hope so, am a huge fan of Telltale and it seems like their new interactive-movie games (such as The Walking Dead) would be a perfect match w

Sign in to comment in this discussion.