Will WiiWare allow a monthly schedule?

I've heard a lot of nightmare stories about WiiWare's submission process, and it seems to take a long time before confirmed games are made available. If it takes a couple weeks (or more) before they can put it online, would that mean our fearless developer friends would have to make these episodes in half the time to make release?

Course I don't know realistically how long the process actually is but the conjecture on the street is that Nintendo is to blame for recent delays.

Or is Telltale already working on episodes 2 and 3 for fear of this? :p

Edit: Just read Emily's post on this page (http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5098&page=5) and realized she'd sort of answered some of those questions already. Thanks Emily. :)

Comments

• edited July 2008
    Krodge wrote: »
    I've heard a lot of nightmare stories about WiiWare's submission process

What are some of the games you're heard about that have experienced these problems? I'm not doubting you or anything, I'm just curious.
  • edited July 2008
    Krodge wrote: »
    Or is Telltale already working on episodes 2 and 3 for fear of this? :p

They always have the next few episodes in progress anyway, yeah. :)
  • edited July 2008
    Everyone blames Nintendo for everything. Why? Because they are the easiest target; they're in charge. No one knows why some games are delayed, or who delayed them. If Nintendo is delaying games, it is for a good reason. Unless NOA President Reggie Fils-Aime tells everyone that Nintendo is to blame for delaying games for no good reason, no one knows for sure. Opposite of what some people think, Nintendo isn't an evil company trying to tick off game developers by delaying games.
  • edited July 2008
    Yes. Nintendo's only goal in any of this is the same as any other company's goal in anything: To make money.
    There is no sinister, hidden motive. They just want your cash moneys in exchange for entertainment.
  • edited July 2008
    And take your children.
  • And take your children.
    .... Um. Yeah. what he said....

ANYWAYS...
  • edited July 2008
    And take your children.

*gasp* That's what they mean by the Wii's built in parental controls!!!
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2008
    Nintendo's submission process is a variable that needs to be taken into account, but as others have mentioned, we have an overlapping production schedule that allows for the monthly releases, and the submission process is also part of that schedule.

At this very moment in time, episode 102 is in beta (we had a playtest last weekend), 103 is in alpha, and the script for 104 is being finished up as we speak!
  • edited July 2008
    So then where's 101? :(

Post-alpha-mega-beta-almost-but-not-quite-done-yet?
  • MarkDarinMarkDarin Former Telltale Staff
    edited July 2008
    "Post-alpha-mega-beta-almost-but-not-quite-done-yet" sums it up pretty well!
  • MarkDarin wrote: »
    "Post-alpha-mega-beta-almost-but-not-quite-done-yet" sums it up pretty well!
    lol, hurry up nintendoo! =D
  • edited July 2008
    Klemmins wrote: »
    Post-alpha-mega-beta-almost-but-not-quite-done-yet?

I think there should be a Gamma in there. Post-alpha-mega-gamma-beta-almost-but-not-quite-done-yet?
    or we could say it's in Pre-Omega stage.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.