About the "Season Two"

About "Season Two" of SBCG4AP, it most likely won't happen. The production of "Season One" is delaying the actual cartoons beyond belief and if they continue to do more, it will probably mean less cartoons, SBEmails and games for about a year, while they do Season Two (maybe more if they do more than that).:(

Comments

• edited July 2008
    Yikes, jumping to conclusions much?
  • edited July 2008
    Eh. Based on what I've seen so far, continuing to another season would probobly be bad for the site's updates.

(At least I said most likely and not IT WON'T HAPPEN like alot of people do. :D)
  • edited July 2008
    Okay, but... err... is it that important to make such statements at this point? I mean, Strong Bad's first episode isn't out yet, and I think we have great reasons to rejoice over the first season, don't you agree?

What gives?
  • edited July 2008
    The toons were slow to come out before the game was even started. Nothing has changed.
  • ummm... It hasn't slowed down the cartoons. Jumpin' to conclusions I see!

I don't see a diffrence in the rate of cartoon making... *shrug*
  • edited July 2008
    ummm... It hasn't slowed down the cartoons. Jumpin' to conclusions I see!

I don't see a diffrence in the rate of cartoon making... *shrug*
    I think he means that they missed a couple of weeks recently.
    And there's no reason to suspect that the games are to blame; iirc the toons usually slow down a bit around this time of year anyway.
  • edited July 2008
    TrogLlama wrote: »
    I think he means that they missed a couple of weeks recently.
    And there's no reason to suspect that the games are to blame; iirc the toons usually slow down a bit around this time of year anyway.

And don't the guys record the voices months ahead of time for the games anyway?
  • edited July 2008
    BigNick wrote: »
    And don't the guys record the voices months ahead of time for the games anyway?

I don't know. I think they do the animation and voices at the same time.

And, yes, I did get a little ahead of myself. It was 2 in the morning where I am. Lemme 'lone.
  • edited July 2008
    If we're lucky, they might even go the full five episodes. It's a 32% chance they won't.If it took 2-3 months to make the first episode, depending on the quality of the game, people might lose intrest.
  • edited July 2008
    I'm kinda peeved about the lack of updates, but I believe that TT is gonna make another season if the first 5 games are good.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2008
    Tandy 400 wrote: »
    I don't know. I think they do the animation and voices at the same time.

And, yes, I did get a little ahead of myself. It was 2 in the morning where I am. Lemme 'lone.
    supraface wrote: »
    If we're lucky, they might even go the full five episodes. It's a 32% chance they won't.If it took 2-3 months to make the first episode, depending on the quality of the game, people might lose intrest.

Hey kids! Let's take a magical journey behind the curtain of game production and see what state the game's really at, with a bonus fact-filled production update!! Ready....

curtain.jpg

Puzzle and plot designs exist in final or nearly final form for episodes 1-4, with episode 5's currently in the later stages of progress. We've up to having voice recorded up through most of episode 3, and scripts written through much of episode 4. The animators are animating the episode 3-specific stuff at this point, the choreographers and programmers are beating episode 2 into shape (and it's turning out damn well!), while episode 1 is teetering on the edge of being pushed out into the world.

As you can see, production on episodes is extremely staggered -- very few elements of an episode are ever being worked on at the same time (maybe the writing is happening concurrently with the environments being built for the same episode, but even those two things aren't in exact lock-step).

Hopefully that was insightful and educational! Once episode one's finally out in the open, you'll notice the pace of things quicken up pretty much everywhere around here. So, I hope you're ready for that.
  • edited July 2008
    Wait a second, did Emily's post disappear?Ooo-weee-oooO-Weeeooooo...
  • edited July 2008
    Jake wrote: »
    Whoa, hey kids! Let's take a magical journey behind the curtain of game production and see where the game's really at, with a bonus fact-filled production update!!

Puzzle and plot designs exist in final or nearly final form for episodes 1-4, with episode 5's currently in the later stages of progress. We've up to having voice recorded up through most of episode 3, and scripts written through much of episode 4. The animators are animating the episode 3-specific stuff at this point, the choreographers and programmers are beating episode 2 into shape (and it's turning out damn well!), while episode 1 is teetering on the edge of being pushed out into the world.

As you can see, production on episodes is extremely staggered -- very few elements of an episode are ever being worked on at the same time (maybe the writing is happening concurrently with the environments being built for the same episode, but even those two things aren't in exact lock-step).

Hopefully that was insightful and educational! Once episode one's finally out in the open, you'll notice the pace of things quicken up pretty much everywhere around here. So, I hope you're ready for that.

See there, the guys are doin awesome.

So quit whinin, wait for the game, and i hope we can enjoy all of the hard work that the TT guys put into it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SERIOUSLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • edited July 2008
    and didn't jake say that ep1 is 'tettering' on the edge of being released.

interesting...............
    edited July 2008
    BigNick wrote: »
    and didn't jake say that ep1 is 'tettering' on the edge of being released.

interesting...............

I'm pretty sure my post was really about not jumping to conclusion. So, let's not? :)
  • edited July 2008
    curtain.jpg

Have you tightened up the graphics?You have to do it it, it's an unwritten video game law.If you break it, they will force you to play E.T. for Atari.
    EDIT:"They" are after you.Also known as "The Man."
    edited July 2008
    We've made too many references to tightening up the graphics between ourselves in the office, especially when people are doing Wii texture resolution optimization. Does that count?
  • ShauntronShauntron Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2008
    Graphic tightening is the new cake joke!
  • edited July 2008
    The cake needs graphical tightening.
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2008
    Wait a second, did Emily's post disappear?Ooo-weee-oooO-Weeeooooo...

Yes. Jake's was better.
  • edited July 2008
    episode 1 is teetering on the edge of being pushed out into the world

Jake, have we all been right in assuming that at this stage, the only reason Episode 1's release date hasn't been revealed to us or even you is because Nintendo has the final say on when the game is released? Thus, if Episode 1 is not released in July, would that therefore be Nintendo's fault?

Damn, I kind of envy the patience you guys seem to have. If I made a WiiWare game that was essentially complete but was languishing in release date limbo because of the whims of Nintendo, I would wisely be keeping my mouth shut but I would write page after page of anti-Nintendo rage in a secret private diary. When that diary becomes full, I would burn it, and the resulting smoke would be so full of rage that it would triple the size of the ozone hole.
  • edited July 2008
    BiggerJ wrote: »
    When that diary becomes full, I would burn it, and the resulting smoke would be so full of rage that it would triple the size of the ozone hole.

If you typed it on your computer then you wouldn't have to burn it so you wouldn't destroy the ozone layer. See....computers DO save the world. Unless the rage is so intense that the hard drive spontaneously combusts. :p

On a side note: for some reason the spell checker thinks combusts is spelled "com busts". Aren't they the breasts of soviet women? ;)
  • edited July 2008
    Or else your serial port is dealing drugs. Verrrry slowly.
    edited July 2008
    BiggerJ wrote: »
    Jake, have we all been right in assuming that at this stage, the only reason Episode 1's release date hasn't been revealed to us or even you is because Nintendo has the final say on when the game is released? Thus, if Episode 1 is not released in July, would that therefore be Nintendo's fault?

Nope, it is slghtly more complicated than that. As Emily has said elsewhere, there's no antagonist in this situation. The game is nearly there, though, and I really can't elaborate. Thanks for your patience, you guys,.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.