When will Fables be released?

2»

Comments

• edited November 2012
    I'm still sticking with my theory..in a recent interview with one of the walking dead game designers (about a month ago) they said the Fables team was itching to get their game out there.. They may not have a full green light with huge numbers on the team for launch but surely, pre-production, main storyline for 5 episodes fleshed out, concept artwork, art style, all this stuff should be done by now.
  • edited November 2012
    Sooo... this is a mod thread right now? :cool:

No we are just the only ones who seem interested in this.. :p
  • edited November 2012
    I'm interested (and not a mod)
  • JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited November 2012
    Hero1 wrote: »
    I'm still sticking with my theory..in a recent interview with one of the walking dead game designers (about a month ago) they said the Fables team was itching to get their game out there.. They may not have a full green light with huge numbers on the team for launch but surely, pre-production, main storyline for 5 episodes fleshed out, concept artwork, art style, all this stuff should be done by now.
    I agree, definitely, and like I said they probably already have an episode one prototype up and working already (and possibly more, depending on how close they are to releasing it). You can't do a whole game with a small team, but you can definitely do the basics . :)
    Molokov wrote: »
    I'm interested (and not a mod)
    Yay! That's reassuring. :)
  • edited November 2012
    Didn't know about TellTale at all before The Walking Dead, and now I'm a big fan, so I'm probably gonna give this game a go!
  • edited November 2012
    When do you think, that we can expect this game?

And yes I'm interested to. If nothing else, it is good intertainment while wating for the first announcement of TWD S02:)
  • edited November 2012
    Maybe in January 2013?
  • edited November 2012
    So now that TWD is done, should we start a Fables Episode 1 release date guessing thread? :D

I'm hoping for January 2013, but I don't know if that's just me being optimistic. Does anyone remember how much of a gap there was between Telltale's previous titles?
  • edited November 2012
    They gotta get something out for Christmas. As I've said before, The Walking Dead isn't very Christmas-y.
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited November 2012
    WarpSpeed wrote: »
    They gotta get something out for Christmas. As I've said before, The Walking Dead isn't very Christmas-y.

You tell 'em!! :D
  • edited November 2012
    If we got ep 1 before Christmas, which probably is super optimistic, I would be happy. Im just as excited to play Fables. Its one of my favorite comic series.
    edited November 2012
    The first thing that will have to happen is the Fables forum to rise to the top of the forum list, banning TWD to second place. As soon as THIS happens, big announcements are probably just around the corner. ;)
  • edited November 2012
    Are you sure, that they won't need a bigger gap between seasons?

As far as I can tell, TWD was almost 6 months after Jurrassic Park..? I could ofcause be wrong:)
    edited November 2012
    TWD started five months after Jurassic Park...

but seven episodes of Law & Order were between. :o

/edit:

We're looking forward to an exciting end to 2012 with the coming retail release of The Walking Dead, and we're even more excited for what's to come in 2013 and beyond.

December release: not likely. ;)
  • edited November 2012
    Thanks for clearing that up:)

So Vain. If we look at the time between games (historically), how much time will we be wating on the first episode of fable..? Are we talking 1, 2 or even 3 months?
  • edited November 2012
    Keupajer wrote: »
    Thanks for clearing that up:)

So Vain. If we look at the time between games (historically), how much time will we be wating on the first episode of fable..? Are we talking 1, 2 or even 3 months?

Not Vain, but if it helps, here's the past wait times between the end of one Telltale game and the beginning of another.

-Seven months between Sam and Max Save the World and Sam and Max Beyond Time and Space.
    -Four months between Beyond Time and Space and Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People.
    -Three months between Strong Bad and Wallace and Gromit.
    -Tales of Monkey Island is a weird case, as Episode 1 was released three weeks before Wallace and Gromit ended.
    -Four months between Tales of Monkey Island and Sam and Max: The Devil's Playhouse.
    -Four months between The Devil's Playhouse and Back to the Future.
    -Five months between Back to the Future and Jurassic Park.
    -One month between Jurassic Park and Law and Order: Legacies.
    -One month between Law and Order and The Walking Dead.

Four to five months seems to be the norm.
    edited November 2012
    Good man!
  • edited November 2012
    Not Vain, but if it helps, here's the past wait times between the end of one Telltale game and the beginning of another.

-Seven months between Sam and Max Save the World and Sam and Max Beyond Time and Space.
    -Four months between Beyond Time and Space and Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People.
    -Tales of Monkey Island is a weird case, as Episode 1 was released three weeks before Wallace and Gromit ended.
    -Four months between Tales of Monkey Island and Sam and Max: The Devil's Playhouse.

• edited November 2012
    Of course, there was also the Puzzle Agent games, Poker Night at the Inventory and Hector: Badge of Carnage in there too, but they were shorter series/one-offs.
  • edited November 2012
    I think Dan Connors plan is to have a constant stream of content.. hence the Telltale expansion on at the moment.. It would be nice to keep the momentum going with Walking Dead and at least get Fables out by February next year.
  • edited December 2012

Nice, Thanks!
  • edited December 2012
    Well I did see the creator of Fables say on Twitter that Telltales game is looking really good.. so hopefully its not too far away
Sign in to comment in this discussion.