So which version should I get?

I have a Wii and a PC and I was wondering what version I should get. I like my pc a bit more but if there are differences between the two versions I'd like to know which one to get. I hear the wii one is the "better" version. Is that true?

Comments

• edited July 2008
    Well, the Wii version apparently has to be compressed a little bit, and unlockables probably won't travel from episode to episode, so that may influence your choice. But, the Wii version will be bigger! :D (In literal size, not file size)
  • edited July 2008
    get Wii version
  • edited July 2008
    splash1 wrote: »
    get Wii version

Is there any ...you know basis for that?
  • edited July 2008
    Sweeney252 wrote: »
    Is there any ...you know basis for that?

it's for the Wii
  • edited July 2008
    Oooh I see now.
  • edited July 2008
    I'm getting the Wii version just cause I'm too lazy to get a credit card.
  • edited July 2008
    Well I have no wii points. How do you get them anyway? And how do you buy stuff over the wii? (i just got my wii internet connection up)
  • edited July 2008
    I'm getting the PC version (I have no Wii), but what makes you say that the Wii version is bigger? TT said it was the same game for both systems.
  • edited July 2008
    ^ Literal size: The screen.
    Sweeney252 wrote: »
    Well I have no wii points. How do you get them anyway? And how do you buy stuff over the wii? (i just got my wii internet connection up)

Wii Points: You go to a store that sells video games and buy a Wii Points card. (Each card is 2000 points) You then scratch the silver stuff off of the back of the card and type the number into the Wii Shop Channel in the "Redeem Wii Points" section. You then have 2,000 Wii Points and can buy anything under that amount!

Games: Click on the game you want to buy, then click "Download". Then, an 8-bit Mario or Luigi will run across the screen* grabbing coins (Each is 1% of the download). After a while, they will repeatedly hit the third coin block, and the download will be complete!

*Very rarely, Mario and Luigi will actually swim across the screen.
  • edited July 2008
    Thanks. But how do you buy points? Credit card?
  • edited July 2008
    Wii Points: You go to a store that sells video games and buy a Wii Points card. (Each card is 2000 points) You then scratch the silver stuff off of the back of the card and type the number into the Wii Shop Channel in the "Redeem Wii Points" section. You then have 2,000 Wii Points and can buy anything under that amount!.

Like that.
  • edited July 2008
    Then, an 8-bit Mario or Luigi will run across the screen* grabbing coins (Each is 1% of the download).
    I don't think each coin is 1%, but I guess I've never actually counted.
  • edited July 2008
    It is, and each block is 33%
  • edited July 2008
    ^ Literal size: The screen.

The PC version outputs at a higher resolution, though!
  • edited July 2008
    The PC version outputs at a higher resolution, though!

I already pointed that out.
    Well, the Wii version apparently has to be compressed a little bit...
  • edited July 2008
    personally, i'm going for the wii version for the controls, and also because my computer is very weak and runs games like sam & max very choppily even at the lowest resolution.

and by the way, you can also buy wii points with a credit card right from the shop channel. if you go into the wii shop channel, there is a help section that explains everything.
  • edited July 2008
    Wii Points: Can be bought from the Wii Shop Channel via Debit/Credit Card(my debit card runs as credit, anyway. I never bothered to check to see what the policy is with other countries/card companies).

OR

You can go to the trouble of driving to the store, buying a card, and paying tax on the purchase. Then after driving home, you have to input a really, really long code. And the Wii has enough really long codes to enter, thank you.

The only reason I got a points card was that my store was doing a bundle thing where they would give me a discounted price on a points card if I bought something that I was going to buy anyway. So I basically got $20 for $15, which was nice.

THAT PC VERSION: I personally am going to get the PC version, for a couple of reasons:

(That is not to be read as "This is why people who buy it from Wiiware are huge idiots and here is why:", because that's not what I said)

1. I've been burned by console DRM before.

2. I know I'll be using PCs much longer than I'll be using the Wii.

3. Telltale customer support is the best.

4. I like Telltale's approach to DRM.

5. I simply prefer the mouse to the Wii remote.

6. I watch the Homestar Runner cartoons on a PC. As such, it feels more natural to me to play a game with these characters on a computer screen.

7. Extra bonuses like screen resolution, the system of carrying over goodies, and the inherent benefits of the PC platform.

Also, if there's a bundle, Telltale is the definite choice. Especially if there's a bundle+disc. Because I am *pretty sure* that you couldn't get anything like that with Nintendo.
  • edited July 2008
    ...You can go to the trouble of driving to the store, buying a card, and paying tax on the purchase.

depending on where you live, you'll probably have to pay tax on the points when you buy them from the shop channel anyway. that's why you have to enter your location information (city, state, county, zip).
  • edited July 2008
    As far as I can tell, I've *never* had to pay tax on top of an internet purchase unless it was one of those "buy online and pick it up there" scenarios.

But the tax wasn't really the issue here. If you HAVE a credit card, and you were planning on buying the point card on the credit card ANYWAY, then you have a perfectly less complicated way to buy points sitting right in front of your TV.
  • edited July 2008
    As far as I can tell, I've *never* had to pay tax on top of an internet purchase unless it was one of those "buy online and pick it up there" scenarios.

But the tax wasn't really the issue here. If you HAVE a credit card, and you were planning on buying the point card on the credit card ANYWAY, then you have a perfectly less complicated way to buy points sitting right in front of your TV.

where do you live?

i'm in michigan, where there's a 6% sales tax. i think it was just extended to internet purchases a few years ago. so my 2000-point purchases usually end up costing $21.20.
  • edited July 2008

• edited July 2008
    heard you the first time.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.