Inter-Telltale Games references?!

Do you think there'll be 1 or more Telltale references?

I think there'll be this one. When Bubs' little shop roller-door is closed, there'll be a piece of graffiti shaped like Sam and Max.

Comments

• edited July 2008
    Of course there will! Sam & Max had references to TTTH and Bone, and iirc Bone and CSI had pre-emptive references to Sam & Max before Season One even came out (arguably so did TTTH, but that'll be more of a retcon).
    I could see some good references exploiting the Bubs/Bosco similarity. Perhaps something involving "do you have any...?" or bad disguises.
  • edited July 2008
    Harald B wrote: »
    I could see some good references exploiting the Bubs/Bosco similarity.

I could see some hilarity there. *AHEM!*

Strong Bad: Hey Bubs!
    Bubs: Hey, customer!
    Strong Bad: Got any new stock?
    Bubs: (IN BOSCO'S VOICE) I got my patented truth serum!
    Strong Bad: Wait, what?
    Bubs: Whoops, must of gotten a spit-bubble stuck in my throat!

Heh heh. Classic!
  • I could see some hilarity there. *AHEM!*

Strong Bad: Hey Bubs!
    Bubs: Hey, customer!
    Strong Bad: Got any new stock?
    Bubs: (IN BOSCO'S VOICE) I got my patented truth serum!
    Strong Bad: Wait, what?
    Bubs: Whoops, must of gotten a spit-bubble stuck in my throat!

Heh heh. Classic!
    THAT would be interesting. I wonder what Bubs would look like in a Russian Outfit....

Russian I guess?
  • edited July 2008
    THAT would be interesting. I wonder what Bubs would look like in a Russian Outfit....

Russian I guess?

What would he SELL in a Russian outfit...?
  • edited July 2008
    There'll probably be some posters or graffiti of Sam and Max somewhere. Maybe Bubs will have a Sam and Max game in his concession stand! Or maybe...

Strong Bad: Who are "them"?
    Bubs: AAAHHHH!!
    Strong Bad: OK, that's getting old really fast.
    Russia, of course!
  • edited July 2008
    Russia, of course!
    Or borsch! Or Chekts...
  • edited July 2008
    Well, Telltale has a tacit rule to never use anything once (pretty sure I read that somewhere), so I'm guessing yeah, there might be references...
  • edited July 2008
    I think there should be a Sam and Max styled puzzle joke. You have to get Bubs 100 Teddy Grams so he can sell them. You can challenge Homestar to a teddy gram spitting contest (you'll chose who you want to spit on, Strong Sad, the Tandy, or the Compy. Maybe Homsar as an easter egg?). It could be a mini-game. If you win, Homestar gives you 100 teddy grams. Go to Bubs and give it to him. Your reward? Either a Sam and Max, Bone, or Telltale Texas hold em' costume. From Sam and Max, you could chose between a Sam costume or a Max costume. The Sam costume would contain of Sam's hat, his tie and jacket, and maybe some Boxing Gloves and Shoes for his paws. The Max costume would contain of a Max hat (it would have his eyes and bunny ears), a white shirt, and some boxing gloves and shoes. For Bone, you could get a cow costume. For Telltale Texas Hold em, there could be a Theodore Dudebrough or Grandma Shaky costume you'd chose from. Anyone like this idea?
  • edited July 2008
    I think there should be a Sam and Max styled puzzle joke. You have to get Bubs 100 Teddy Grams so he can sell them. You can challenge Homestar to a teddy gram spitting contest (you'll chose who you want to spit on, Strong Sad, the Tandy, or the Compy. Maybe Homsar as an easter egg?). It could be a mini-game. If you win, Homestar gives you 100 teddy grams. Go to Bubs and give it to him. Your reward? Either a Sam and Max, Bone, or Telltale Texas hold em' costume. From Sam and Max, you could chose between a Sam costume or a Max costume. The Sam costume would contain of Sam's hat, his tie and jacket, and maybe some Boxing Gloves and Shoes for his paws. The Max costume would contain of a Max hat (it would have his eyes and bunny ears), a white shirt, and some boxing gloves and shoes. For Bone, you could get a cow costume. For Telltale Texas Hold em, there could be a Theodore Dudebrough or Grandma Shaky costume you'd chose from. Anyone like this idea?

Neat!But, I think some more character's would be nice for Bone.
  • edited July 2008

Isn't it obvious? Vodka! :p

And now that I think about it, a Bosco disguised as Bubs (or maybe vice-versa) would have worked out quite well. Or perhaps someday we'll see Bubs and Bosco competing across the street from each other. (Oh the endless humour potential)
  • edited July 2008
    Rabbitdog and Bunnym'n!
  • edited July 2008
    Yes, why don't we just put Sam and Max jokes in the Strong Bad game, solidifying the idea that the game is just Sam and Max with a Homestar skin slapped on top.
  • edited July 2008
    Heck, it worked with Super Mario Bros. 2.
  • edited July 2008
    Yes, why don't we just put Sam and Max jokes in the Strong Bad game, solidifying the idea that the game is just Sam and Max with a Homestar skin slapped on top.

Well, I think that idea is quite silly. Sam and Max and homestarrunner.com have very different styles of humor. Plus, it makes no sense, especially for an episodic game. If the game sucked and was exactly like Sam and Max, no one would buy the remaining episodes. I for one know that this game will be great; I've just grown weary of waiting for it.
  • edited July 2008
    I don't think there'll be anything as blatently obvious as transforming Bubs into Bosco, like someone else said, we'll probably just get some Sam & Max graffiti. Maybe "T.H.E.M" spray painted onto a wall.
    BadStrong wrote: »
    Well, I think that idea is quite silly. Sam and Max and homestarrunner.com have very different styles of humor. Plus, it makes no sense, especially for an episodic game. If the game sucked and was exactly like Sam and Max, no one would buy the remaining episodes. I for one know that this game will be great; I've just grown weary of waiting for it.

I'm sure he was being sarcastic.
  • or Have Hugh Bliss dealing his books behind bubs... jk.

Maybe graffiti such as "Teh Soda Popper's wer Here!" behind Bubs's.

Damn Poppers.
  • edited July 2008
    maybe in strong bad's photo gallery on his lappy will have a pic of sam & max!
  • edited July 2008
    or Have Hugh Bliss dealing his books behind bubs... jk.

You could probably get away with a Prismatology(sp?) book on a goods shelf behind bubs that you can only see at certain angles.
  • edited July 2008
    I think there will be references. I HOPE they will be small and not a lot of them. I don't want sam and max in my homestarrunner.
  • edited July 2008
    You got your Sam & Max in my Homestar Runner! You got your Homestar Runner in my Sam & Max!
  • edited July 2008
    Two great games put together!!
  • edited July 2008
    Sweeney252 wrote: »
    I don't want sam and max in my homestarrunner.

Too late, but I have a feeling it will indeed be kept to a minimum.
  • edited July 2008
    MaxFan wrote: »
    Too late, but I have a feeling it will indeed be kept to a minimum.

That'd be a good reference if they did that. :0
  • edited July 2008
    They did do that. Go watch the email "secret identity"
Sign in to comment in this discussion.