Pleeease? (demo?)

PLEEASE can't you just release a small pc version demo while we wait?

Comments

• edited July 2008
    I suppose the "tech demo" in the Dev Blog didn't satisfy you, huh? =p
  • edited July 2008
    it was just a TEENY TINY bot lacking lol
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2008
    There will be a PC demo, but since our demos are also the full game (you can pay to "unlock" the demo into the full version), it's not something we can release ahead of time.

Of course, we do have a few free episodes of Sam & Max kicking around that you can play while you're waiting. :D

Sam & Max: Abe Lincoln Must Die - a full episode, free!

• edited July 2008
    it was just a TEENY TINY bot lacking lol

That's true there were no teeny tiny bots in it. A little Tom Servo action whould have been great!;)
  • edited July 2008
    you made me laugh by calling attention to my horrid typing, points for you, usually it just makes me mad lol
  • edited July 2008
    you made me laugh by calling attention to my horrid typing, points for you, usually it just makes me mad lol

If we can't laught at ourselves, the world will never be a joyful place! Thank you.

Ooooh. Points!:D
  • edited July 2008
    Dondoo gets points for an MST3K reference... god, I miss that show...
  • edited July 2008
    bigdondoo wrote: »
    If we can't laught at ourselves, the world will never be a joyful place! Thank you.

Ooooh. Points!:D

Perfect time for a typo. :D
  • edited July 2008
    Emily wrote: »
    There will be a PC demo, but since our demos are also the full game (you can pay to "unlock" the demo into the full version), it's not something we can release ahead of time.

Of course, we do have a few free episodes of Sam & Max kicking around that you can play while you're waiting. :D

Sam & Max: Abe Lincoln Must Die - a full episode, free!

Wow thanks. I never knew my computer could even run Sam and Max so I never played it. Well it seems to be running fairly fine.

I have a question which I'm not sure you guys will be able to answer but here it is anyways:

Will SBCG4AP be close to the specs needed to run S&M?
  • edited July 2008
    Dondoo gets points for an MST3K reference... god, I miss that show...

Have you been following Rifftrax/The Film Crew and or Cinematic Titanic?
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2008
    Will SBCG4AP be close to the specs needed to run S&M?

Yes, we use the same engine to develop all of our games, so the specs will be pretty much the same. The Strong Bad episodes will be smaller downloads, though.
  • edited July 2008
    ShaggE wrote: »
    Perfect time for a typo. :D

Hahaha :D Me too! I am not exempt!
  • edited July 2008
    Yes, we use the same engine to develop all of our games, so the specs will be pretty much the same. The Strong Bad episodes will be smaller downloads, though.

Why will they be smaller downloads?:eek:
  • WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2008
    WiiWare has a 40mb limit on size. So while the PC version will be larger than that, it still won't be as large as Sam & Max. This isn't to say the games will be drastically shorter than Sam & Max or anything. There are lots of tricks and tweaks and various other things that cause the game to be nice and condensed.
  • edited July 2008
    Why will they be smaller downloads?

Probably because in Sam and Max there are tons of voice clips for everything.
    And Wiiware has a limit which in my opinion is kind of bad for devs.

Nice to see that they're on the same engine and will be near the same specs.
  • edited July 2008
    Will wrote: »
    WiiWare has a 40mb limit on size. So while the PC version will be larger than that, it still won't be as large as Sam & Max. This isn't to say the games will be drastically shorter than Sam & Max or anything. There are lots of tricks and tweaks and various other things that cause the game to be nice and condensed.

Homestar has a low polygon count... that helps, doesn't it.
  • edited July 2008
    I imagine that and textures help keep size down a lot.
  • edited July 2008
    I would like to see a SBCG4AP demo on Wii Ware area.
  • edited July 2008
    DaDillsta wrote: »
    I imagine that and textures help keep size down a lot.
    I seem to recall, way back when it was first announced, someone from Telltale saying that the smaller file size was mostly doable due to the simpler textures and such.
  • edited July 2008
    Yeah, there are a lot of people who really didn't *buy* their computers for games, and they're able to play Sam and Max. And I do *love* that about Telltale. Because honestly, I can go up to a person that I know has a computer, and I can be pretty sure that they can run this. I can feel alright recommending it without knowing the person's graphics card, RAM, and processor.

It can be bought by NORMAL PEOPLE.

...I don't include *myself* in that group, but I was able to play Sam and Max on a fairly old computer(from the mid-90s) before I got my own fancy machine.
  • edited July 2008

So... theoretically, you could release it, but just not take payment until the final release date, so we can't unlock it until then.

That would work, right???? (I promise I won't try to crack it. :p)

P.S. Before anybody gets excited I'm just being facetious.
  • edited July 2008
    ...I don't include *myself* in that group, but I was able to play Sam and Max on a fairly old computer(from the mid-90s) before I got my own fancy machine.
    from the 90s? wow...did they even know that there are more than two d back then? the mid-90s were like over ten years ago...that's not "fairly old", that's "fairly antique" by computer years...you totally sure it's that old? sam&max runs fine on a machine that's three years old, but more then ten?
    Krodge wrote: »
    So... theoretically, you could release it, but just not take payment until the final release date, so we can't unlock it until then.

That would work, right???? (I promise I won't try to crack it. :p)
    it would, but considering how long it takes these days to crack some copyprotection-thingy, all them pirates would have the game before we, the paying people, do....and that can't be what you want.
  • edited July 2008

surely you're talking about sam and max hit the road, right?

and no, i won't quit calling you shirley.
  • edited July 2008
    Maybe my memory is bad. Or maybe somebody uprgraded the machine when I wasn't looking. o_o

....Memory is so obscenely fickle sometimes. xD

But I do know that nobody's messed with it in like, 3-5 years, and it was top-of-the-line at SOME point.
  • edited July 2008
    Getting back to the original topic... Specifically regarding releasing a demo while we wait...

Boy, imagine what one could do with the SBCG4AP's source code.

I've got three words for you. Hot Coffee 2.
  • edited July 2008
    Getting back to the original topic... Specifically regarding releasing a demo while we wait...

jibblesnl8.gifjibblesnl8.gifjibblesnl8.gifjibblesnl8.gifjibblesnl8.gifjibblesnl8.gifjibblesnl8.gifjibblesnl8.gifjibblesnl8.gif
    JIBBLIE JIBBLIE JIBBLIE JIBBLIE JIBBLIE JIBBLIE JIBBLIE!
  • edited July 2008
    In some kind of rather sick, freakish way, i'm almost proud of that reaction. :P

And the best part is... YOU CAN'T UNREAD IT. :D
  • edited July 2008
    I wish he hopped across all the words so that I could make a Jibblies sing-along.
  • edited July 2008
    I wish he hopped across all the words so that I could make a Jibblies sing-along.
    Fixed
  • edited July 2008
    wisp wrote: »
    from the 90s? wow...did they even know that there are more than two d back then? the mid-90s were like over ten years ago...that's not "fairly old", that's "fairly antique" by computer years...you totally sure it's that old? sam&max runs fine on a machine that's three years old, but more then ten?

it would, but considering how long it takes these days to crack some copyprotection-thingy, all them pirates would have the game before we, the paying people, do....and that can't be what you want.

The computer I built in 2000 (ALMOST 10 years :p) was able to run sam and max quite decently.

And sadly you're right about the pirates, but I wasn't very serious when I made that post.
  • edited July 2008
    In some kind of rather sick, freakish way, i'm almost proud of that reaction. :P

And the best part is... YOU CAN'T UNREAD IT. :D
    Sad as it is, I've read worse.
    Like the TV Tropes "Small Name, Big Ego" page.
    I will never be able to look at stripes in quite the same way again...
    *Shudder*
  • edited July 2008

Making, out! With... Marzipaaaaan!
  • edited July 2008
    hmm, hot coffee...that's the second-best coffee. i like iced coffee better though. also, can you really count "hot coffee 2" as three words?

ahhm, what are we talking about here?:D someone should actually make a game called hot coffee 2 that really has to do with coffee...you know, french roast and stuff.
  • edited July 2008
    I've got three words for you. Hot Coffee 2
    Seen worse.I'm looking at you, perverted sonic fan-art fan girls.And before you ask, finding it was an accident.I seem to find alot of disturbing things when going on google images, and it's always accidental.
  • edited July 2008
    wisp wrote: »

Hey, that was when all videogames became 3D! N64 was in 1996! You'd think PCs would be able to run 3D before that. :)
  • edited July 2008
    Aaaannnnnddd.... Hot Coffee 2 would be.. horiffic. *jibbles a little* But... that was actually a part of San Andreas, hidden away. But that would be even worse in a Homestar game... even in a mod.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.