So how should I buy TOMI?

I've played the original Monkey Island games on PC (way back) and the special editions on XBox. I've got a Wii and PS3 in my house, and I played Strongbad by buying it from a friend on DVD.

Whats the best way to purchase and consume ToMI? Should I buy the DVD on this website? Should I buy the full season? Should I try to find it on Amazon or Half.com/Ebay?

If I buy the DVD from TellTale, will I have access to the download versions as well?

Comments

• Macfly77Macfly77 Moderator
    edited January 2013
    IMHO, the way to go is to buy the DVD from the Telltale Store.
    That gets you the PC version on DVD and the PC and Mac digital versions in one fell swoop.
  • edited January 2013
    Thanks for the response!
  • edited January 2013
    Rumour going around that due to the success of The Walking Dead, Telltale are trying to erase their own history! Their older games have mysteriously vanished from stores, you can't even get Season 1 and 2 of Sam & Max on Steam anymore!
  • SydSyd
    edited January 2013
    Ash735 wrote: »
    you can't even get Season 1 and 2 of Sam & Max on Steam anymore!

Yes you can. I just checked and they're still there.
  • edited January 2013
    Ash735 wrote: »
    Rumour going around that due to the success of The Walking Dead, Telltale are trying to erase their own history! Their older games have mysteriously vanished from stores, you can't even get Season 1 and 2 of Sam & Max on Steam anymore!

Uh...yes you can.

Anyway, OP, your best bet would be to buy the DVD from the Telltale Store, unless you want to wait for the next big Steam sale, in which case you could probably get it at a discount.

If you want to play it on a console (which I wouldn't, but anyway), go with the PS3 version. The Wii version underwent a HUGE graphical downgrade to fit WiiWare's 40 MB file size limit, and it costs fifty dollars!

Never played the iOS version, so can't comment on that, although the simple fact that it's on iOS has me skeptical.
  • edited January 2013
    I'm planning to play it when I finish Grim Fandango which I'm starting today *fingers crossed

I'lll just buy it direct from the website to give my money straight to Telltale
  • I finally got this - I had it in my Amazon wish list to remind me to keep checking for deals etc. A family member bought a DVD copy for me that actually got shipped from England (I'm in TX). I just thought that was a pretty unique way to have finally gotten this game so I thought I'd share. Thanks Telltale community!!

• Aw man, I literally just purchased TOMI for $2.50 on GOG.com about a week ago. Not sure if it's going on but all MI's on that website are incredibly cheap. I'm probably going to buy the first MI soon here.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.