These Forums

I think these forums have really gone downhill since the august delay. Everyone is angry and the idiots are seizing this lapse of good posts. Can we get back to thoughtful, funny posts? ;(

Comments

• edited July 2008
    I dunno, that post wasn't very meaningful or funny.

Your efforts would be better placed making thoughtful or funny posts, rather than complaining that nobody is. ;)
  • edited July 2008
    I love how these forum threads seem to stay on topic through at least the first page of posts, and then slowly degenerate into something entirely different.

Anyone like waffles?
  • edited July 2008
    It's an annoying interlude, but it will pass. People are just frustrated right now, especially because of the lack of information and lack of someone to blame. Once they get their hands on the game all of that will ebb away.
    I'm also optimistic that the next episodes won't have us go through this all over again; Telltale has never missed a release date before, so these delays are really pretty unique.
  • edited July 2008
    Wait, it's coming out in August now?
  • Wait, it's coming out in August now?
    Where have YOU been? In the Digestive Track of the Shambling Corporate Presence?

anyways, I LOVE waffles! =D
  • edited July 2008
    It's the LAST DAY OF JULY, and it's not coming out today. So it has to come out in August. It also has to come out on a Monday, because Wiiware releases only happen on Mondays....and the PC and Wiiware version come out simultaneously.
  • edited July 2008
    Well, hopefully that free episode of Sam & Max will tide me over for the next few days. Plus, I'll get to see what Telltale is all about since I've never really played one of their games.
  • It's the LAST DAY OF JULY, and it's not coming out today. So it has to come out in August. It also has to come out on a Monday, because Wiiware releases only happen on Mondays....and the PC and Wiiware version come out simultaneously.
    Actually, SECOND to last day... had to correct you there. ^_^
  • edited July 2008
    I completly agree with Flaming Squirell King. The forums had gone so downhill that it was getting painful to so much as even glance at it.

It was becoming one gigantic collection of whining, temper tantrum throwing, and 7 year old spammers. I had almost left for good, never to return. I thought to myself "what's the point, if no one wants to discuss that actual game instead of constantly whining about the release date, as if they were the first person to do it."

There was no discussion value, and I had just had it. i was sick, I was done.

Then I come back here one last time, just for curiosity, and I see that at least someone else BESIDES ME, had the guts to point out just how wretched these forums were getting.

So, am I to belive that the constant release date whining has stopped and that there are people willing to try and save these forums and have them be at least halfway productive?

Because if so, i'll stick around, if there's actually valid Strong Bad discussion to be had instead of constant deluges of "WHENS IT COMING OUT" and "WHY ISN"T IT OUT YET I HATE NINTENDO WAH!"

In short.. I guess i'm poking my head in to ask "Is it safe?"

Well... is it?
  • edited July 2008
    I completly agree with Flaming Squirell King. The forums had gone so downhill that it was getting painful to so much as even glance at it.

It was becoming one gigantic collection of whining, temper tantrum throwing, and 7 year old spammers. I had almost left for good, never to return. I thought to myself "what's the point, if no one wants to discuss that actual game instead of constantly whining about the release date, as if they were the first person to do it."

Then I come back here one last time, just for curiosity, and I see that at least someone else BESIDES ME, had the guts to point out just how wretched these forums were getting.

So, am I to belive that the constant release date whining has stopped and that there are people willing to try and save these forums and have them be at least halfway productive?

Because if so, i'll stick around, if there's actually valid Strong Bad discussion to be had instead of constant deluges of "WHENS IT COMING OUT" and "WHY ISN"T IT OUT YET I HATE NINTENDO WAH!"

Well... is it?

Well, sorta-kinda. I've been lurking these forums for awhile 'till I decided to create an account and, well, it's improved a little. Maybe because it's just really, really close to the release date or something.
  • I completly agree with Flaming Squirell King. The forums had gone so downhill that it was getting painful to so much as even glance at it.

Well... is it?
    Um. Mostly. Don't worry, I have a muzzle, I won't bite. XD
  • edited July 2008
    Well, that's good.

Guess i'll stick around if things are improving a bit, and it's getting more constructive.

I also like that "release date discussion" was moved into one thread, or as I like to call it "The trash barrel." :b

(Sorry. Don't mean to offend anyone or anything. :P I'm just glad actual discussion about other things can now be had.)
  • edited July 2008
    I've monolouged about this on various occasions, so I won't just repeat the things I said.
    But, anyways, yes, the forums have decreased in quality somewhat. I attribute this to H*R attracting a couple of stupids* to a forum that's not really used to them.

*Now, don't get me wrong here, this isn't H*R's fault, and some pretty cool people are floating around because of it, too. It's just that, well, we've gotten some whiny 10 year olds recently who want to do tings like make up fancharacters and do RPGs and other stuff that I thought I wouldn't see after I ran screaming from 4Kids.
  • edited July 2008
    TrogLlama wrote: »
    I attribute this to H*R attracting a couple of stupids to a forum that's not really used to them.

As a person who was introduced to Telltale by H*R, I could agree more. H*R is more universally known then Sam and Max or Bone, or so you get a whole range of people including some with less intelligence than H*R or Homsar.

You also get some really smart people who knew about Sam and Max and played Hit the Road when they were kids, but didn't know what their favorite detective dog and hyper kinetic rabbitty thing were up to.

You've got to take the bad with the good. These forums are getting really crowded though...
  • edited July 2008
    I was introduced to TellTale through H*R, and had only heard of S&M, never played it. Even with all of the annoyances, this is still a really fun site to hang out.
  • edited July 2008
    I made a thread that is neither whining, complaining, insulting, or spamming. I'm just gonna point you all towards it.

This is a good place for actual discussion
  • edited July 2008
    TrogLlama wrote: »
    Now, don't get me wrong here, this isn't H*R's fault, and some pretty cool people are floating around because of it, too. It's just that, well, we've gotten some whiny 10 year olds recently who want to do tings like make up fancharacters and do RPGs and other stuff that I thought I wouldn't see after I ran screaming from 4Kids.

yeah, hence my title. some posters are definitely showing their age, and it's around the same number as their post count if you know what i mean.
  • edited July 2008
    on of the bigger problems lately is the not-reading of older posts. let's say someone replied to a question in a thread three posts ago, it's pretty safe to say that the same question might be asked only a few posts later.

i totally agree that the forums are always going downhill...but i believe it already started in 2007...in august.
  • edited July 2008
    Actually, SECOND to last day... had to correct you there. ^_^
    Actually, he did post that on the last day. It all has to do with those silly timezones. :p Anyway, back on topic.

On the fanstuff wiki, we've already started to get a bunch of primary(call it what you want) school kids who just fill it up with useless junk and then just leave again. I mean, what's up with that?
  • edited July 2008
    wisp wrote: »
    i totally agree that the forums are always going downhill...but i believe it already started in 2007...in august.

Are you being serious about this, or making a joke about your join date?

Skip this paragraph if you would prefer the slightly condensed version in the next. But for the people who have only been on here a couple months, this sort of thing happens every time a new game is released. Back when Sam & Max Season 1 was still pre-release, there was a smaller community devoted to the Bone games. I was in the group that came in right before S&M was released, thus already starting to increase the size of the forum base. Then, over the course of the season, and right before season 2, these forums seemed to almost explode... what used to be only a few new threads a day turned into dozens. And now with HSR and W&G coming out, the forums are bustling with more activity than ever!

The point of my narrative is that every time there is a population explosion of these forums, they get a little crazy. I would like to say things will settle down, but given Telltales pace at acquiring new games and their monthly release schedule, things never settle down to their previous levels. After a while you just get used to the fact that there will be intelligent conversation mixed in with people screaming for the new episode to be released.
    Don't worry, everything's gonna be alright... maybe.
  • edited July 2008
    wisp wrote: »
    on of the bigger problems lately is the not-reading of older posts.

The release date thread is over 800 posts! I'd hate to read that trash again! Good thing I've already gone over it once!
  • edited July 2008
    I just stopped reading it
  • edited July 2008
    Derwin wrote: »
    Are you being serious about this, or making a joke about your join date?
    i was trying to make a joke...
    bigdondoo wrote: »
    The release date thread is over 800 posts! I'd hate to read that trash again! Good thing I've already gone over it once!
    i don't want everybody to read the whole 800 posts, but some could at least read the last page or maybe two instead of simply posting new without reading anything. this isn't limited to the strong bad release thread and not to certain persons, but something i noticed in general.
  • edited July 2008
    It does seem pretty whiny all up in here. Be patient.
  • edited July 2008
    You're a freaky fish guy.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2008
    Many people are definitely taking their pent-up crazy out on the boards (we're well aware :)) - but as others have said, hopefully that will subside once they have a game to play.
  • edited July 2008
    Even with the crazies coming out of the woodwork, this forum is still more pleasant than most I've been to. :p
  • edited July 2008
    I'm sure that once the season is well under way, the forum will be back to it's peaceful state. If this madness keeps happening between episodes I don't know how I'll cope.:(
  • edited July 2008
    ShaggE wrote: »
    Even with the crazies coming out of the woodwork, this forum is still more pleasant than most I've been to. :p
    Ditto.
    It's far better than, say, 4Kids.
    Or NSider.
    Or GameFAQS.
    Or IGN.
    Or...
    Well, you get the idea.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.