Other systems?

I know the game is being deigned for the Wii and everything, but is it possible for it to come out on other systems later? I mean, it's obvious it can be played without a WiiMote, because it's coming out for PC, but is it possible to come out on Xbox Live later, kinda like Penny Arcade (but coming later for PS3)?

Comments

• edited July 2008
    No, because XBox 360 lacks the 2 vital things that make this game possible: A mouse or a motion sensor remote. The weak mess PS3 is trying to have as an "original idea" could work, but Nintendo isn't known for sharing once they are the primary distributor.

The original idea I'm talking about is a rectangular DualShock3 remote which works like a laser pointer depending on the game. No, I'm not kidding you, they really plan on making this and selling it.
  • edited July 2008
    I'd like this on the PS3 (that's the system I have) and supposedly...the analog sticks for PS3 and the thumbstick (or whatever it is) for the Xbox can be used for clicking things.
  • edited July 2008
    Tandy 400 wrote: »
    I'd like this on the PS3 (that's the system I have) and supposedly...the analog sticks for PS3 and the thumbstick (or whatever it is) for the Xbox can be used for clicking things.

If you have ever tried using the internet or a pointer of some kind, an analog stick is not only annoying to use, it is unreliable and even difficult sometimes. I really cant see a point and click working with analog.
  • edited July 2008
    InfamousDS wrote: »
    The original idea I'm talking about is a rectangular DualShock3 remote which works like a laser pointer depending on the game. No, I'm not kidding you, they really plan on making this and selling it.

[sarcasm] That is totally unlike anything I've seen before! [/sarcasm]
  • edited July 2008

Great Minds think alike, those were my exact thoughts when i saw it in GameInformer and again on the web (few weeks ago, site forgotten).
  • edited July 2008
    A better idea would be an attachment to the controller itself to help motion sensability.

I still stand by the fact that I hate the Xbox and Nintendo.
  • edited July 2008
    A better idea would be an attachment to the controller itself to help motion sensability.

I still stand by the fact that I hate the Xbox and Nintendo.

And the PS3 was an overpriced plastic box until the second generation came out and it became cheaper.
  • edited July 2008
    Heh. The fun part about that is...I got mine for $160.

And I've played the Xbox 360 and the Wii, and in my personal opinion...well...how do I put this lightly to a Wii/Xbox fanatic? Well, they quite suck compared to the PS3. :)
  • edited July 2008
    I don't know how you lightly, but I lightly pretty darn well. Just watch these sweet moves: and a 1,3,5....
    In all due respect, personal opinoins (especially ones that cause flame wars) are meant to be kept personal.
  • edited July 2008
    My response to that statement is this:
    XBox360 has 2 very awesome games so far (Alone in the Dark<reviews lied> and TooHuman<Norse Mythology+Robots=awesome by default>, and at least 5 really good ones.

While Wii is lacking in games that truly excel, the few that do are simply amazing. Metroid Prime 3 is one of my favorite FPS games and the controls are pretty amazing. What I have seen of Okami makes it look like one of the best Wii games to date, even though it was a port from PS2.
  • edited July 2008
    Don't even get me started in one of these 'Why the Wii sucks' arguments... because it doesn't.
  • edited July 2008
    To date, the Wii has been the highest grossing home gaming console of this generation, with a falter the month that GTAIV came out and a surge of 360 buys. Frankly, the precious PS3 isn't what you want us to believe it is, especially since the parent company (Sony) sued an officially licensed European PSP seller over selling Japanese PSPs.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2008
    Hey hey, let's not turn anything into a "X console sucks" or "Y would be impossible because of [arbitrary easily surmountable obstacle]." Telltale's CSI game (CSI: Hard Evidence, buy it today!) was originally developed for the PC, but we also brought it to both the Wii and the 360.

I'm not saying that will happen to SBCG4AP -- there are currently no plans for SBCG4AP appearing on other platforms beyond the Wii and the PC -- but we're not ideologically opposed to limiting where our games go or anything.
  • edited July 2008
    I'm kinda annoyed at Sony and Microsoft because they do this video game thing just for some extra money on the side.Nintendo has been a video game company through and through for about 30 years now.So was Sega.I wish the video game consoles were made by more companies like that.Sony and Microsoft would be rolling in cash even without video games.

And yeah.Sony's "original idea" is just a sell-out.Nintendo made it first.It's never original the second time.
  • edited July 2008
    I actually use the PS3 as a second computer, since I installed Windows on it. :D
  • edited July 2008
    I actually use the PS3 as a second computer, since I installed Windows on it. :D

My consoles don't have to pretend to be a computer just to justify their existence.
  • edited July 2008
    Another fun fact about the Wii and Xbox 360:

They don't do crap for other media.

Wii doesn't play anything but games and movies designed to play on it.
    HD-DVD died out long ago, so the Xbox is pretty much f*cked.
  • edited July 2008
    Another fun fact about the Wii and Xbox 360:

They don't do crap for other media.

Wii doesn't play anything but games and movies designed to play on it.
    HD-DVD died out long ago, so the Xbox is pretty much f*cked.

And BlueRay is kinda extreme, considering how easy it is to compress info. I didn't buy a console that could make toast, but had crap games, I bought ones for this nifty idea of actually good gameplay that isnt restricted to racing, slashers, and football. I treat consoles like I treat phones, more that 3 things on it is useless and excessive.
  • edited July 2008
    So did you guys not notice the part where Jake said no console wars on these forums, please?

Not only is it kind of tiresome and sad, but this is the worst place for it, since Telltale doesn't take sides. We want to see our games (eventually -- no official plans yet) on as many platforms as possible. We don't use weird interfaces and we keep everything relatively simple to keep everything accessible, which has the added benefit of being portable to different devices and controllers.
  • edited July 2008
    First of all, Telltale said they want their games on all the latest systems if possible. It's just that the PC and Wii seemed like the best fits so far for the control scheme they use. For the CSI game, they did what is basically a point and click game on the 360, so anything's possible if they see the market for it.

Now, I don't see the benefit of Blu-Ray movies. You need to have an obscenely expensive television to see any difference. And frankly, I don't see much difference between a Blu-Ray on a nice TV and an upscaled DVD on a nice TV. DVDs can be played in laptops, desktop computers, some cars, and portable DVD players. DVDs are cheaper. DVDs can be traded to friends who don't have a few thousand to blow on a TV.

The benefits of the DVD format are simply outweighed by the two benefits of blu-ray.

But this isn't a "Sony sucks" post. Not really. I personally don't prefer the machine, but I don't see why I have to be protective about my console choice. People will buy what they want.

For example, I don't get why "copying" is so frowned upon. In no other business is providing a service or product that has the same benefits as a competitor considered a bad thing. And with the Avatar system on the 360, it seems doubly silly. Because Nintendo didn't create the avatar with the Miis, and it's not like they're the first ones to attach avatars to video games. Honestly, Microsoft is doing more with the avatars than Nintendo seems to be doing with the Miis, so it might stir up some competition in that area.

Also, I don't get the "My console sells more than your console" idea. Since when are we pledging our allegiance to corporations? Since when do we want one giant company to make several million more dollars than the next company over?

I prefer the 360. This doesn't mean I care if the 360 sells a lot of units. In fact, I want them to make just enough profit that they still feel like they have to improve their next box. If they think I am going to buy a machine just because it has "XBOX" on it, they're sorely mistaken.

I like that Sony and Nintendo are doing different things with their consoles, because that means that somebody is competing.

Look at what happened to Atari when they controlled all of gaming. And look at how Nintendo of America decided that they could go and censor everything until Sega came in and started selling far more copies of Mortal Kombat.

It's about time consumers stopped rallying for the corporations and took a consumer-centric approach. Why do we want a system to "beat" the others? As long as it makes enough money that you aren't personally affected, should you care?

This post is getting too long. I'm going to stop rambling now.
  • edited July 2008

Aside: I'm stealing the sarcasm bars, that's even better then the sarcasm emoticon... (this guy: :rolleyes:). Thanks. Now, back to our regularly scheduled thread.
  • edited July 2008
    Jake wrote: »
    Hey hey, let's not turn anything into a "X console sucks" or "Y would be impossible because of [arbitrary easily surmountable obstacle]."

...There are currently no plans for SBCG4AP appearing on other platforms beyond the Wii and the PC -- but we're not ideologically opposed to limiting where our games go or anything.

Listen to what the man said. The question has been answered and this thread is finished!
    I saw the truth... and I decreed NO MORE!
  • edited July 2008

Also, I don't get the "My console sells more than your console" idea. Since when are we pledging our allegiance to corporations? Since when do we want one giant company to make several million more dollars than the next company over?

I couldn't agree more. The thing is, though, that this whole trainwreck of a discussion happened because some guy came in and basically said "My console is better than yours and if you think differently you're a stupid fanboy."* It wasn't about numbers. Now, I know you mean in general, but I'm basically using this to go into why people reacted like they did (not because it's needed so much as because I'm trying to prevent this kind of thing in the future), so it's not really the point.

*A note: Tandy, I know you're going to come in here and say that that's not what you said. Look, what I kinda-semi-paraphrased comes from a variety of sources. Let's break it down with actual quotes:
    1. "I still stand by the fact that I hate the Xbox and Nintendo."
    First mistake. By making this statement, you set yourself up as a Sony fanboy who probably won't listen to reason. I'm taking a gamble here and assuming you will, even though it is against my nature. I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt- don't make me regret it.
    Anyway, when you establish yourself as such, people will assume that you won't listen to them explain why your opinion is not gospel, and then the flaming starts and... oy. Not a good place.
    2. "And I've played the Xbox 360 and the Wii, and in my personal opinion...well...how do I put this lightly to a Wii/Xbox fanatic? Well, they quite suck compared to the PS3." (Emphasis mine)
    You know where you say 'fanatic?' Right there, italicized? That's your biggest mistake. What your doing is that you're presenting your subjective opinion as fact, and then you use a loaded word ('fanatic') to set up the idea that anyone who disagrees with you is just a stupid, irrational fanboy who won't listen to reason, just as you set yourself up to others.
    What I'm saying is that of course people are going to get upset over this. It is in people's nature to justify their purchases, so when some guy says "That thing you got sucks" people will argue against you. But then you add insult to injury by implying that they're stupid people with intrinsically wrong opinions who can't possibly understand good games. What I'm saying, Tandy, is that- intentionally or not- you set up the perfect firing grounds for a flame war, and this thing could very well have escalated to a very, very bad place that nobody wants to go to if this had been just about any other forum. Thankfully, we've got good mods around and a mostly genial populace, so it was stopped before it all went to hell. But these forums are getting more volatile by the day, so watch it next time you want to wax eloquent about why the PS3 is the only console we should bother ourselves with.

Full disclosure department: TrogLlama has never owned a non-Nintedo system that wasn't a PC. This is not due to any loyalty so much as other consoles just not having enough games that interest him to warrant the purchase- which is not to say they don't have good games, just that those games mostly aren't his cup of (Pennyroyal) tea.
  • edited July 2008
    I'm kinda annoyed at Sony and Microsoft because they do this video game thing just for some extra money on the side.Nintendo has been a video game company through and through for about 30 years now.So was Sega.I wish the video game consoles were made by more companies like that.Sony and Microsoft would be rolling in cash even without video games.

And yeah.Sony's "original idea" is just a sell-out.Nintendo made it first.It's never original the second time.

Don't you mean, So is Sega? Sega is more of a video game company now because it focuses on making games and doesn't bother with making hardware.

Sega didn't die. They just stopped making a console.
  • edited July 2008
    Shmeh wrote: »
    Don't you mean, So is Sega? Sega is more of a video game company now because it focuses on making games and doesn't bother with making hardware.

They were referring to console manufacturers. They were saying that, for some reason, companies that are only video game companies and nothing else make inherently superior consoles. Or something. And making, say, stereos and TVs or an operating system on the side somehow cheapens it.

The "was" referred to how Sega does not make consoles anymore.

So, basically, EA should make a video game console? They're probably the only gaming company that could possibly afford to go into the business of making a console, and there's just no chance that a start-up company can make a console.
  • edited August 2008
    Shmeh wrote: »

I didn't say sega is dead.I said I wished they still had a console, and to prove my point more, here is an article of one of their more inovative achievements.http://retro.ign.com/articles/880/880968p1.html
    See, Sega Was always way ahead of its time with its consoles and ideas.To be honest, though, I don't care much for their games.(With an exception of The House of the Dead series.)
  • edited August 2008
    They were referring to console manufacturers. They were saying that, for some reason, companies that are only video game companies and nothing else make inherently superior consoles. Or something. And making, say, stereos and TVs or an operating system on the side somehow cheapens it.

The "was" referred to how Sega does not make consoles anymore.

So, basically, EA should make a video game console? They're probably the only gaming company that could possibly afford to go into the business of making a console, and there's just no chance that a start-up company can make a console.

I don't really think Nintendo is better for being solely a video game company, but I think that Sony and Microsoft would be huge even without video games.It just kinda shows they don't really care a ton about them, because they have so much other stuff to fall back on if they fail.

Oh, and an EA console, god forbid.:)
  • edited August 2008
    TrogLlama wrote: »
    *A note: Tandy, I know you're going to come in here and say that that's not what you said. Look, what I kinda-semi-paraphrased comes from a variety of sources. Let's break it down with actual quotes:[/I]

My responses:
    1. "I still stand by the fact that I hate the Xbox and Nintendo."
    First mistake. By making this statement, you set yourself up as a Sony fanboy who probably won't listen to reason. I'm taking a gamble here and assuming you will, even though it is against my nature. I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt- don't make me regret it.
    Anyway, when you establish yourself as such, people will assume that you won't listen to them explain why your opinion is not gospel, and then the flaming starts and... oy. Not a good place.

I do hate the Xbox and Nindendo Systems (except for NES and SNES). I never said that Sony products have no bad sides and that other people that prefer Xbox/Wii will say that they hate the PS3.
    I understand where this can go, but that was my opinion.
    I will listen to reason and I do know that the PS3 can be crap sometimes.
    2. "And I've played the Xbox 360 and the Wii, and in my personal opinion...well...how do I put this lightly to a Wii/Xbox fanatic? Well, they quite suck compared to the PS3." (Emphasis mine)
    You know where you say 'fanatic?' Right there, italicized? That's your biggest mistake. What your doing is that you're presenting your subjective opinion as fact, and then you use a loaded word ('fanatic') to set up the idea that anyone who disagrees with you is just a stupid, irrational fanboy who won't listen to reason, just as you set yourself up to others.
    What I'm saying is that of course people are going to get upset over this. It is in people's nature to justify their purchases, so when some guy says "That thing you got sucks" people will argue against you. But then you add insult to injury by implying that they're stupid people with intrinsically wrong opinions who can't possibly understand good games. What I'm saying, Tandy, is that- intentionally or not- you set up the perfect firing grounds for a flame war, and this thing could very well have escalated to a very, very bad place that nobody wants to go to if this had been just about any other forum.

I also note that it is my personal opinion. At the time I wasn't thinking what would come out of it (I've seen nerds fight to the death over which console is better.), but...yeah.

How about this: PS3 is fine, Xbox is fine, Wii is fine, close this thread.
  • edited August 2008
    Okay, since you guys can't help yourselves, I'm closing this thread. This forum really isn't the place for a 'my console is best' console argument. You can take it to PM or to some other medium if you like.
This discussion has been closed.