Hey, what if...

Ok, first off, this is an actual thread, I know my last few have been... weird, but this is Legit.

Is it possible to have 2 versions with 2 different sizes of every episode, One as the full with all the channel information included and one with just the game? That way when WiiShop scans the HD for free space it finds the original channel and instead just adds the new game to the pre-existing channel and lightening the amount of memory required for all 5 episodes (not to mention the redundancy of seeing SB running around on 5 different channels, all the same animation except the title at the end), but also allowing people who don't have previous episodes to download and get the channel. If any of this is possible, it would be awesome.

Comments

• edited August 2008
    that's what alot of people are hoping for but it would be hard unless they used the other episodes as expansion packs. thus choosing one episode from the final five. hopefully they will do this. great idea as well.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited August 2008
    That is a cool idea, one we briefly investigated as well, but it's next to impossible right now, so each episode is its own self-contained thing.
  • edited August 2008
    Cr8g wrote: »
    that's what alot of people are hoping for but it would be hard unless they used the other episodes as expansion packs. thus choosing one episode from the final five. hopefully they will do this. great idea as well.

Not as hard as it seems, they just have to ask Nintendo to post 2 versions as one version on the buyer's side, and have the 2 separate ones in their own servers. When the Channel scans the hard-drive, it finds the original channel or the lack of one and gives the buyer the appropriate one. The file names in the server could be:
    HSRuinerfull OR HSRuinergame

We the buyer wouldn't know until after we bought it.
  • edited August 2008
    InfamousDS wrote: »
    Not as hard as it seems, they just have to ask Nintendo to post 2 versions as one version on the buyer's side, and have the 2 separate ones in their own servers. When the Channel scans the hard-drive, it finds the original channel or the lack of one and gives the buyer the appropriate one. The file names in the server could be:
    HSRuinerfull OR HSRuinergame

We the buyer wouldn't know until after we bought it.
    Which is exactly why it's next to impossible.
    I doubt that Nintendo would let them do it. Seems like too much hassle.
  • edited August 2008
    Jake wrote: »
    That is a cool idea, one we briefly investigated as well, but it's next to impossible right now, so each episode is its own self-contained thing.

so while your here is there any chance of this later on or in a second sbcg4ap should one be invented
  • edited August 2008
    TrogLlama wrote: »
    Which is exactly why it's next to impossible.
    I doubt that Nintendo would let them do it. Seems like too much hassle.

Not so much a hassle... I once heard a buddy of mine call that kind of program a nightmare.
  • edited August 2008
    Not so much a hassle... I once heard a buddy of mine call that kind of program a nightmare.
    Calling a program a 'nightmare' usually indicates that it is unwieldy, difficult, frustrating, etc. Meaning 'quite a hassle indeed.'
  • edited August 2008
    Ok, first off, this is an actual thread, I know my last few have been... weird, but this is Legit.

Is it possible to have 2 versions with 2 different sizes of every episode, One as the full with all the channel information included and one with just the game? That way when WiiShop scans the HD for free space it finds the original channel and instead just adds the new game to the pre-existing channel and lightening the amount of memory required for all 5 episodes (not to mention the redundancy of seeing SB running around on 5 different channels, all the same animation except the title at the end), but also allowing people who don't have previous episodes to download and get the channel. If any of this is possible, it would be awesome.
    Um, Wha... never mind... but... ok what the heck? who understands that!?! ima srry, but what?:confused: i meen, i kinda understand... like if a movie with one version with comentery and the other without, right?
  • edited August 2008
    bubs wrote: »
    Um, Wha... never mind... but... ok what the heck? who understands that!?! ima srry, but what?:confused: i meen, i kinda understand... like if a movie with one version with comentery and the other without, right?

Yes, exactly like that. 1 DVD with 2 versions is the same as 1 listing with 2 versions in it, but the difference is that programming that is horrible because it has to know when to give the right one. I would like to add that when it works, those are some of the best marketing programs available because it is reliable, efficient, and consumers seem to enjoy it.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.