Wii Shop Channel Updates

I'm a bit confused as to when the Wii Shop Channel is updated. I heard from one source it's Mondays and from another that it's on Mondays and Fridays. Is there any sort of definitive answer? Thanks.

EDIT: When does it update in America?

Comments

• edited July 2008
    its on monday's thats what nintendo said
  • WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2008
    I'm not sure, but I believe it depends on what country you live in. Feel free to prove me wrong though.
  • edited July 2008
    It's Monday for America, but I think it's Friday for Europe. Don't know about anything else.
  • edited July 2008
    It's Monday for America, but I think it's Friday for Europe. Don't know about anything else.

That's the general idea but apparently it's a little scattered (for Europe anyway). I'll see if I can dig up a link that answers that properly.

Edit: Ok it's taking a lot longer then I would've expected to find anything helpful, no wonder so many people are so unsure.. I'm pretty sure it's Monday for all of North America, I haven't heard any Americans say otherwise.
  • edited July 2008
    Krodge wrote: »
    That's the general idea but apparently it's a little scattered (for Europe anyway). I'll see if I can dig up a link that answers that properly.

Edit: Ok it's taking a lot longer then I would've expected to find anything helpful, no wonder so many people are so unsure.. I'm pretty sure it's Monday for all of North America, I haven't heard any Americans say otherwise.

Thanks.
  • edited July 2008
    To be specific, from most of Nintendo's press releases on WiiWare (from press.nintendo.com), it says:

"Nintendo adds new and classic games to the Wii Shop Channel at 9 a.m. Pacific time every Monday."

They aren't always exactly at that time (I think this week's were pretty early), but roughly that's when you can find out what the releases are for the week.
  • edited August 2008
    Unless it up at 11:59 pm, it dosen't seem to update 'till Tuesday here.
  • edited August 2008
    poor african natives , no wii ware for them:( (sob)*boo hoo*
    well im over it now
  • edited August 2008
    From wikipedia:
    New games are added to the Virtual Console lineup on Mondays at 12:00 P.M. ET/9:00 A.M PT in North America, Tuesdays in Japan, Thursdays at 11:00 P.M. CET in Europe (at midnight during Daylight Savings Time), and in Australia & New Zealand at 9:00 A.M. & 11:00 A.M. AEST respectively.
  • edited August 2008
    monday for america:) i dont know about europe though.:confused:
  • edited August 2008
    it's Monday and it updates around 9-10
    happy 800th to meeeeee
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited August 2008
    WiiWare games hit on Monday mornings in the US, and Fridays in Europe. So goes WiiWare, so goes SBCG4AP :)
Sign in to comment in this discussion.