Which version??

Which version of the game will you guys be purchasing?

I'm gettin both!!!!

Comments

• edited August 2008
    Both? Perfectly good waste of 95 dollars raht thar.

I'm getting the PC version, for the reasons I stated in the other Which Version thread,
  • edited August 2008
    PC. I don't have a Wii.
  • edited August 2008
    both, wow only 1 person for the Wii :eek:
  • edited August 2008
    It's not really practical for me to buy it for the Wii since I don't own one, so PC for me.
  • edited August 2008
    Wii for me! All of my computers really suck... But I like the Wii and the Wii only stuff seems cool.
  • edited August 2008
    Already preordered for PC, though my daughter is getting the version for the Wii. :D
  • edited August 2008
    splash1 wrote: »
    both, wow only 1 person for the Wii :eek:
    That was me, My computer can't play demos, so I'm sure I can't play full games.But it can play the discs of of Telltale's games, so since I'm impatient, waiting 5 months for the first season is too long.
  • edited August 2008
    That was me, My computer can't play demos, but it can play the discs of of Telltale's games, so since I'm impatient, waiting 5 months for the first season is too long.

5 months? you can't even play the full games? oh you poor man
  • edited August 2008
    Peeeeeee Ceeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.
  • edited August 2008
    Price + Bonus Disc = Winner.

And I really wanted to get the Wii version, too.
    I have all these points just lying around getting restless.
  • edited August 2008
    Puuks wrote: »
    Price + Bonus Disc = Winner.

You could get the Bonus Disk on eBay.
  • edited August 2008
    supmandude wrote: »
    You could get the Bonus Disk on eBay.

eBay is evil dude, sides they charge to much
  • edited August 2008
    I support good WiiWare games, so Wii.
  • edited August 2008
    mintty wrote: »
    I support good WiiWare games, so Wii.

just because you support it doesn't mean you should get it.
  • edited August 2008
    I'll be getting Wii version for the WiiConnect24 stuff. I've pretty much shifted to nothing but Wii games anyway.
  • edited August 2008
    I'm a PC gamer at heart!
  • edited August 2008
    Don't have a wii. Have 22" widescreen monitor(s). PC = win.
  • edited August 2008
    splash1 wrote: »
    just because you support it doesn't mean you should get it.

sure it does. if this game sells well on wiiware, we could be seeing more games like it. besides, why do you feel the need to convince this person otherwise?
  • edited August 2008
    I have no Microsoft PC. But #1. I always like console games more than PC. 2# 57" TV bay-bee! #3 I can sit on the couch and play it. Only problem is I'll haveto delete and re-download my games repeatedly. :P
  • edited August 2008
    I'll probably get the PC version unless reviews convince me otherwise. The games are basically the same, but the PC version is cheaper, and will potentially have a bonus disc at the end of the season. I also do not have to worry about deleting other content to get the latest episodes.
  • edited August 2008
    I'll be buying this on the Wii. Because I can't afford to buy the game for two different comuters (my younger brother wants to play it as well). So, even though the costumes can't transfer over to the next episode and I may have to buy the bonus disc from Ebay or something, I don't have much of a choice. Plus, it looks more enjoyable on the Wii. I've been too cooked up in my room with my computer lately anyways.
  • edited August 2008
    I'll be buying this on the Wii. Because I can't afford to buy the game for two different comuters (my younger brother wants to play it as well).

So both your brother and you travel to work every day... while the fact that you're commuters is interesting I don't see how it applies here. ;)
  • edited August 2008
    bigdondoo wrote: »
    So both your brother and you travel to work every day... while the fact that you're commuters is interesting I don't see how it applies here. ;)

What the hell are you talking about...?
  • edited August 2008
    What the hell are you talking about...?
    (You misspelled 'computer.' It ended up 'comuter,' which is quite close to 'commuter,' one who commutes (travels).)
  • edited August 2008
    Im getting the wii version. my computer can bearly download a desktop wallpaper:(.
    And because the chair for the computer is not comphy. And so i can relax on the couch and play it instead of on this chair(kindof like strong bads chair.)
  • edited August 2008
    Gman5852 wrote: »
    Im getting the wii version. my computer can bearly download a desktop wallpaper:(.

I'm buying it on the wii for your exact same reason.
  • edited August 2008
    I'll be buying this on the Wii. Because I can't afford to buy the game for two different comuters (my younger brother wants to play it as well). So, even though the costumes can't transfer over to the next episode and I may have to buy the bonus disc from Ebay or something, I don't have much of a choice. Plus, it looks more enjoyable on the Wii. I've been too cooked up in my room with my computer lately anyways.

Actually, with the PC version, you can download the game a total of 20 times. You can download them on two computers very easily.
  • edited August 2008
    Gman5852 wrote: »

if the problem is with your internet connection, you won't have much luck downloading it on your wii, either.
  • edited August 2008
    Actually, with the PC version, you can download the game a total of 20 times. You can download them on two computers very easily.

Really...? Hmmm... But you can only pay for the game with a credit card, right?
  • edited August 2008
    Really...? Hmmm... But you can only pay for the game with a credit card, right?

I pay for them with a debit card ran as credit. I know this is possible with Visa bank cards, and I've never needed anything else so I haven't actually checked with anything else. But if you can run your Debit card as credit, there's an option.

Also, you can pay with Paypal, which you can link to your bank account. Just like making a cash withdrawal.
  • edited August 2008
    Huh? Where did you get that? Will we run out of downloads eventually? That sounds terrible :eek:
  • edited August 2008
    Armakuni wrote: »
    Huh? Where did you get that? Will we run out of downloads eventually? That sounds terrible :eek:

I got it in a support email, where I tacked the question at the end of my actual issue. I've also seen it repeated at least once in staff posts.

Telltale basically puts a cap on it to keep people from buying the episode, and then posting the link up for like 200 people to snag. If you DO reach the very reasonably high cap (most download services give you about 3-5 or so), you can email support and they'll probably extend it. Besides, the free disc means that you can play the game on any computer, ever, as long as you have that. I find the terms to be more than amicable, personally. I understand that they need to keep people who don't know about torrents from stealing their wonderful product, because it deserves the amount of money they ask for it and they make me feel like I own my copies.

And look at the Wiiware version. You're going to have issues if you send your Wii in for repair, you can't download to more than one Wii. Sure, you have the infinite downloads, but it's always stuck on that one machine that, frankly, may break down. Now, I've never dealt with Nintendo customer support, so the process may be far less painful than what Microsoft's used to be. But I've dealt with Telltale and I've had a phenomenal experience. So I'd just prefer to put my license in hands I trust rather than in hands I've simply not dealt with.

Again, it's just more that Telltale's support has the best quality I've ever seen, not that Nintendo's is bad. I wouldn't know, I've never needed it. But I've had bad experience with big company console customer service with downloadable content. So it's probably my own paranoia more than an actual, factual issue.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited August 2008
    Nintendo's support, at least for hardware (the only support I've needed from them) is extremely awesome. My GameCube was well out of warranty when it just suddenly* stopped playing discs at all. I sent in a support ticket through their website, and the next thing I knew, I was provided with a pre-paid mailing label, so I threw my system and cables in a box, and at no cost to me (not even postage!) it came back fixed within a couple weeks. It was so surprisingly great. I hope that's how people feel when dealing with our support system :)

* the "sudden" reason was that I had accidentally left Super Mario Sunshine sitting in the system, paused, for a week, and it killed the motor in the DVD drive. Whoops. They fixed it anyway.
  • edited August 2008
    Jake, I have to say, Telltale has really reached that goal. You have the best customer service I've ever encountered, I just hope you will manage to keep it this good as you keep growing :)

Reply to Rather Dashing -
    Telltale basically puts a cap on it to keep people from buying the episode, and then posting the link up for like 200 people to snag.
    I realize this but I really, *really* don't like having a limitation on how many times I can install my game. It feels like buying a DVD you can only watch a certain amount of times or a music CD with limited plays.. it rubs me the wrong way.
    If you DO reach the very reasonably high cap, you can email support and they'll probably extend it.
    That should be taken for granted, in my opinion. But I'm sure you're right, Telltale are very cool and their support is awesome.
    Besides, the free disc means that you can play the game on any computer, ever, as long as you have that.
    This is why I tolerate it and keep buying their games. Well, I would have bought them anyway probably, they're just too cool not to.. but this would bug me every time I played any of the games, and I'm not exaggerating.
    (most download services give you about 3-5 or so),
    Which is why I avoid them like the plague.

EDIT - I'm *not* trying to talk crap about Telltale here, I'm talking about this system in general - but as long as there are disc versions too, I have absolutely no problem!
    And this is off topic so please don't reply to this post unless you absolutely have to :)

EDIT 2 - I'll get the PC version because I want the disc (as you've probably guessed by now :p).
  • edited August 2008
    I pay for them with a debit card ran as credit. I know this is possible with Visa bank cards, and I've never needed anything else so I haven't actually checked with anything else. But if you can run your Debit card as credit, there's an option.

Also, you can pay with Paypal, which you can link to your bank account. Just like making a cash withdrawal.

i do both! meaning... my debit card was provided by paypal ;)
  • edited August 2008
    My home is Wii-less, and my wallet would shriek an unending stream of epithets if I tried to pick up a console after buying a new Mac, so practicality dictates I snag the PC version. A little sad for me -- but considering my recent play-through of Abe Lincoln Must Die! and the footage I've seen for SBCG4AP (not to mention Telltale's impeccable taste in licenses), I'd be stunned if I didn't spend the entire season grinning like an idiot, PC or Wii version.

Oh, Boot Camp, how I shall be cozying up with you in the coming months...
  • edited August 2008
    Like I said, I'm getting the PC version 1: I don't have a Wii, 2: I prefer PC anyway and 3: I want the disc.

Also, has TTG said what's going to be on the disc?
  • edited August 2008
    If they do the same as with Sam and Max, they aren't going to tell us anything until the disc itself is ready to be pre-ordered, which is going to be sometime next year. This makes sense, because they haven't even STARTED on making the features, they can't possibly know for sure what is going to be on it.

But if we take Sam and Max as a precedent, we'll get a cutscene reel with commentary tracks, all the games that can be installed and played on any computer as long as the disc is in the drive, some behind-the-scenes stuff like concept art and designer notes. Maybe some extra machinima toons and/or a blooper reel. This is all conjecture, and only based on what they've done for Sam and Max. For all I know, they're going to go in a completely different direction with SBCG4AP. But I would at least expect the games on the disc in the same way as they are on the Sam and Max disc, and at least one commentary track of some sort for each episode.
  • edited August 2008
    I'm getting it on the wii for these reasons: 1.My computer can't run a piece of downloaded crap, 2.I prefer the wii and telltale said that there was wii specific stuff, 3.My computer chair is missing two out of four bolts on the bottom and is about to fall apart with me on it anytime now, and 4.Wiiware is so much easier to download, and doesn't require a setup.
  • edited August 2008
    I'm getting it on the wii for these reasons: 1.My computer can't run a piece of downloaded crap,

What kind of websites are you on?!??!
Sign in to comment in this discussion.