Australian Release enquiry ...

G'day all!

The interweb's abuzz with the news about the release of SBCG4AP ... my head a'splode with delight!

<insert sob story here> I have a 10 y.o. autistic son who's mad about Strong Bad (and sometimes glad about Strong Sad too ...). He will absolutely freak when and if he gets to see this game - he's very computer literate, but has so far had 'issues' when it comes to being engaged/motivated enough to play games. I'm hoping this one will aid in his development and help take him to the next level. <end sob story>

Cutting to the chase - Will SBCG4AP be available in Australia from August 11th? If not, when? Can I purchase a season pass now? Are there any other issues that I have not thought of?

I love my boy (Boo), he loves SB, and we'll both love TTG if you can make this happen for us.

Trembling in antici ..... pation (for some reason, he's also a fan of the 'Rocky Horror Picture Show'),

MikeyMike

BTW - we've got a wii, and a plethora of Macs. Whilst the wii would obviously be the platform of choice, if push came to shove, any idea how this would run under virtualisation? I'm thinking Sun's 'Virtual Box' ...

Comments

• edited August 2008
    The PC release will be available worldwide on August 11. The Wiiware release on the 11th is for the US only, but we'll be announcing a release date for Australia pretty soon. The gap between the two dates should be pretty minimal, though.
  • edited August 2008
    Thanks tobacco (my favourite drug!) for your prompt reply! I was editing my post when you slipped that one in (checkin' de emails ...), adding the bit about the wii & virtualization on the mac ... any further ideas? And can I purchase a season pass to save cash?

Thanks again,

MikeyMike
  • edited August 2008
    There is a pass, but it's only for the PC one. Although I don't see why a Vertual PC wouldn't work. Although, I'm too planning on buying the Wii one , espeshally because of the ability of using Strong Bad's Lappy to email Wii Friends! :)
  • edited August 2008
    MikeyMike wrote: »
    BTW - we've got a wii, and a plethora of Macs. Whilst the wii would obviously be the platform of choice, if push came to shove, any idea how this would run under virtualisation? I'm thinking Sun's 'Virtual Box' ...

Just a guess, based on my running of Sam & Max on my iBook: it should run okay. If your Macs can support BootCamp (Intel based running 10.5.x), that would be the ideal way to go; with WinXP installed, a 5GB partition allows me to have.... one game installed at a time:eek:. Other than a little stutter when first loading scenes (which I mainly attributed to GameTap slowing things down), S&M ran great there, and SBCG4AP is not nearly as complex visually. If you are running a virtualization tool, the game will probably mostly slow down at the beginning of scenes; otherwise, the specs for TTG games are not that stressful.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited August 2008
    SBCG4AP will run well in Boot Camp, of course. The Flash-style 3D character rendering stuff that we're doing, though, makes it not the most compatible with virtualization solutions (though some like vmware fusion, I believe, are getting close).
  • edited August 2008
    What about UK? Will it be the same as Austraila? Release Date.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.