wierd sam & max references in cartoons

In the strong bad email secret identity look at the floppy disk container. It says SAM AND MAX:eek::eek::eek::eek:. that could mean the brother chaps are long time sam and max fans
Edit: ok I knew that there always is a new game on the disk container but i didnt know sam and max came befre telltale but still its kindof cool

Comments

• edited August 2008
    Every Strong Bad email has a different game name in the floppy disc container. It is doubtful that its Sam & Max reference had a thing to do with Telltale Games.
  • edited August 2008
    It was the Hit The Road, probably.The Lappy probably doesn't meet the requirements for Sam & Max.
  • edited August 2008
    yeah. i don't know if you know this, gman, but sam and max was a video game waaay before telltale even existed. and i'm pretty sure we all know about the disk's cameo in the sbemail :)
  • edited August 2008
    Since most of the other references are DOS/Windows games, I'd guess they meant HtR but the title just doesn't all fit onto that little space.
  • edited August 2008
    yeah. i wonder what other lucasarts games have been referenced? day of the tentacle? the dig?

i loved the dig. i just played through that a couple days ago. if any of you former lucas employees are reading this and you've worked on it, kudos ;)
  • edited August 2008
    MaxFan wrote: »

thats where I found out about this.
    Also i wonder if the disk container will say homestaruiner on a cartoon(strong bad emails appear mondays which is the day homestaruiner is realeased.
  • edited August 2008
    let's see. loom, maniac mansion, monkey island... and lunar lander is playable in the dig ;)
    Gman5852 wrote: »
    thats where I found out about this.
    Also i wonder if the disk container will say homestaruiner on a cartoon(strong bad emails appear mondays which is the day homestaruiner is realeased.

maybe, but it would probably say "Homestar Ruiner" or "SBCG4AP" instead. unless he wants to ruin homesta.
  • edited August 2008
    As someguyfromazoo said, the Lappy probably dosen't meet the requirement's for S&M/SBCG4AP.
  • edited August 2008
    Oh, LucasArts and your SCUMM engine. You were what gave me my love of point-and-click games. I played Day of the Tentacle and S&M: Hit the Road alllll the time. Some would say that the replay value was minimal, but I disagree.
    Also, I give some credit to Maniac Mansion, Princess Tomato, and King's Quest on the NES for helping, too.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited August 2008
    MaxFan wrote: »
    Since most of the other references are DOS/Windows games, I'd guess they meant HtR but the title just doesn't all fit onto that little space.

Odds are if its pirated (likely since it's a handwritten label), he just bothered to write "Sam & Max," which is fair enough. All of my copied games in the early 90s have my own attempt at re-creating or re-designing the logo meticulously drawn onto the discs, though. (I could rarely afford a whole game so my friends and I would split the price... I have about 50% of the boxes and original discs to my old games, and 50% photocopied codewheels and hand-labeled floppy discs for this reason, and in hindsight, I'm glad for it, as that sort of crap is fun to run into on the rare occasion that I end up diving through an old box of computer stuff.)
Sign in to comment in this discussion.