Other WiiWare

OK! I've gone and bought myself 5000 Wii Points, ready for the series, but I have 1500 left over what Wiiware should I get, apart from SBCG4AP? TV Show King? Defend Your Castle? What? What shall I get with the lef over points?

You say, I'll play.

Wow, that was preety good rhyming.

Comments

• edited August 2008
    well if you have pokemon Diamond or pearl pokemon ranch is a good idea but if you dont then it's not a good idea(its basiclly an extra storage box to look like a ranch)
  • edited August 2008
    Er, have you any other recommendations?
  • edited August 2008
    LostWinds was pretty good. It was short, but the gameplay was solid, the graphics were great, and it was a lot of fun. Worth the points.
    Paper Mario is a pretty good game. Star Fox 64 was pretty fun, too.
    Umm... to be honest, most of the games I can really recommend heartily are well-known. Like, the kind of games that you should already have played by now. The VC isn't doing to well in the category of 'unsung classics,' to be honest. None of the really obscure games like Earthbound, Flashback, etc. I mean, it's not that I'm whining about it, it's just hard to find things to recommend that you don't already know about.
  • edited August 2008
    get Donkey Kong Country 1-3
    they're hard and freaking awesome
  • edited August 2008
    i now reccomand paper mario as well
  • edited August 2008
    Yeah, I've got 1 Classic, Super Mario 64, but seriously does anyone have TV show king?
  • edited August 2008
    Or Defend Your Castle?
  • edited August 2008
    Get defend your castle. Peoples explode. So do Robots.
  • edited August 2008
    Ooooo, sounds cool!
  • edited August 2008
    in 1 level in DK Country 3 you have to escape a hack saw!
  • edited August 2008
    Is that good?
  • edited August 2008
    lostwinds + defend your castle. or perhaps dr. mario + defend your castle.

edit: oh, and TV show king is seriously not worth it. really dumb.
  • edited August 2008
    nathew wrote: »
    lostwinds + defend your castle. or perhaps dr. mario + defend your castle.

How's doctor mario?Does it have good online?
  • edited August 2008
    i've only played it online once, but i suppose so. if you mean lag-free and all that. gameplay-wise it's the same as playing against the computer only it's a real person.

do you want a demo of the online? people who buy it can send demos to their wii friends :D the only problem is that you can only play that demo online with a friend and you have to add their friend code.
  • edited August 2008
    If you're in to shooters, especially tube shooters, I'd highly recommend Gyrostarr. It's an amazing game for only 700 Wii Points.

Yes, Defend Your Castle is a nice purchase. The only thing you'll have to look out for is wrist pains if you play it for an extended period of time, since you'll mainly be flicking your wrist upwards several hundred times during the later levels.

Toki Tori is a pretty fun point and click puzzle/platformer, but it costs 1,000 Wii Points, so I would hold off on it.
  • edited August 2008
    So TV Show King, what's up with it?
  • edited August 2008
    it's just a lame family trivia game. even the hardest difficulty isn't that hard.
  • edited August 2008
    From what I've read on it, it's a fun game to play with friends, though there aren't that many questions, some of them are borderline silly, and they tend to repeat themselves more than usual. Of course, I haven't purchased it, so it could not be as big of a problem as people have said it is.
  • edited August 2008
    You have to get Lostwinds. It's the only Wiiware game I enjoyed every minute of playing, and part 2 should be coming out some time.
  • edited August 2008
    I'll agree with Lostwinds. It was the first game in a long time that made me really glad I bought it.
  • edited August 2008
    Or hit the Virtual Console and get "California Games", "Bomberman" or "Super Mario Bros 3".

See see IK+ just came out recently too!

-m0r
  • edited August 2008
    What about Mario Kart 64?
  • edited August 2008
    About TV Show King - I really like this game, and it's the only game so far that my wife wants to play with me. There is actually an infinite amount of trivia questions - we played it a lot of times, and there were no repeated questions yet :D
    The only bad thing about it is that there's too little variety in the gameplay (only answering trivia questions and spinning the wheel every round), and "the wheel" adds a bit too much randomness to the game (you can play really bad and then win in the end just because of the wheel)

Lost Winds is actually one of the games I regret buying. I didn't like it at all.
  • edited August 2008
    Hmmmm, interesting...
  • edited August 2008
    StrongMatt wrote: »
    Is that good?

sure it's challenging and fun
  • edited August 2008
    I got LostWinds, My Life as a King, and Defend your Castle for WiiWare.
    I also have Star Fox 64, Breath of Fire, Mystical Ninja, and Harvest Moon.

All of those are fun, but except for LostWinds and My Life as a King, I don't find myself coming back often.
    I'm really holding out for the SNES Jackpot, EarthBound, Super Mario RPG, EarthBound, Chrono's Trigger, EarthBound, Legend of Mana, and EarthBound is looking good right now.

I really Recommend My Life as a King if you enjoy city builders, but its kinda a Hit or Miss game.
    LostWinds is a great title for anyone, but its also pretty short.
    Dr. Mario and Toki Tori are said to be the best WiiWare games, but I haven't played them yet.
  • edited August 2008
    StrongMatt wrote: »
    What about Mario Kart 64?

Mario Kart 64 is okay, but I wish nintendo had done some touching up on the graphics like they did for super mario 64 when they put it on vc.They could have at least used 3D character models, if nothing else.
  • edited August 2008
    they touched up the graphics for mario 64??
  • edited August 2008
    There isn't really any "touching up" for Virtual Console games, but N64 games have their resolution upped to 480p, meaning that they'll be a lot sharper than their older counterparts.
  • edited August 2008
    yeah. nintendo has said they want to stay away from making any changes to games.

so far the only ones changed have been punchout!!, tecmo bowl, waverace, and pokemon snap, if i recall correctly. and snap was the only one that got any real "special" functionality with said change.
  • edited August 2008
    Snap, has the feature to post pics to the message board, doesn't it?
  • edited August 2008
    Dr Mario Is good, because you can play others online...
    Wild West Guns is a pretty cool arcade-like Rail shooter.
  • edited August 2008
    nathew wrote: »
    yeah. nintendo has said they want to stay away from making any changes to games.

so far the only ones changed have been punchout!!, tecmo bowl, waverace, and pokemon snap, if i recall correctly. and snap was the only one that got any real "special" functionality with said change.

Punch out!! wasn't changed, it was the original and not the Mike Tyson branded one. The last boss is the only difference. Mr. Dream. It was changed from Tyson to Mr Dream back in the 80's after Mike got arrested.
  • edited August 2008
    I think I'm gonna get Mario Kart 64. There's no good WiiWare coming out after SBCG4AP.
  • edited August 2008
    Punch out!! wasn't changed, it was the original and not the Mike Tyson branded one. The last boss is the only difference. Mr. Dream. It was changed from Tyson to Mr Dream back in the 80's after Mike got arrested.

Correct, as for the others. Tecmo Bowl doesn't have the NFL license so instead of playing as the New York Giants you play as New York. And instead of saying Joe Montana it says NO 16. Doesnt change much.

Wave Race took out the ingame ads from a surfer company and replaced them with Wii and DS ads (which to me feels tacky and kills nostalgia).

I liked Defend Your Castle, try the flash game first. Gets a bit repetitive but is addicting.
  • edited August 2008
    Ewww! Wii and DS ads? That is tacky!
  • edited August 2008
    I'm not sure what they could replace obscure Kawasaki ads with without being tacky or having to pay royalties, then.
    There's no good WiiWare coming out after SBCG4AP.
    I wouldn't go as far as to say that. There are some pretty neat games and concepts coming out sometime in the near future, like World of Goo, Animales de la Muerte, and, of course, Mega Man 9.
  • edited August 2008
    Well, I've downloaded Mario Kart 64 now, it's good, and funny how crap the graphics were, just a 2D sprite of mario at all angles, it's weird how they used to make games.
  • edited August 2008
    My pick would be Dr. Mario, or Lost winds. Dr. Mario's gameplay is about the same, but Virus Buster is awsome with friends. Plus, online is cool to. But Lost Winds is extremely good for only 10 bucks. It's just to short. But, oh well.:rolleyes: Can't expect too much for a game only 10 bucks (Except you Strong Bad. All your games are awsome no matter what price. Ecspecially $0.00)
    Edit: Oh yeah, and with those 5 extra bucks, get Punch-Out!!! or Mario Bros. 3 or Defend your castle, or a puppy or something
  • edited August 2008
    Defend Your Castle is the best game ever.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.