Sam and Max lives - and Telltale will be creating it!!!

edited November 2005 in Sam & Max
http://adventuregamers.com/newsitem.php?id=1061

Heck yeah!!!
Congratulations Telltale

Comments

• edited September 2005
    Huzzah! :D
  • edited September 2005
    PARTY!

And what a brilliant marketing move with the announcement given the BONE release is just days away! What a way to draw attention to your company and your current product.

:D
  • edited September 2005
    HOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

:D :)) :D :)) :D :)) :D :))
  • edited September 2005
    Yay. Telltale for president.

Now what? What other groundbreaking news do you have in store for us?

See what you have done now? If you keep on surprising, i'll become picky and demanding.
  • edited September 2005
    Yeah :) great news!
  • edited September 2005
    ahh cant wipe the smile off my face.. Everyone needs to buy Bone! so telltale has as much money to make the new sam and max game as good as the first! yess! :D
  • edited September 2005
    To whom do I send the BEER and LOVE?
  • edited September 2005
    I haven't been this happy about a game in... err... ever!

WOO HOO!

I can't wait! :D
  • edited September 2005
    Ehm... Who cares of Sam 'N' Max 2 :D !
    I (we?) want Bone Episode I and I (we?) want it now!

Now being serious a real question: instead of focusing on licenses of comic books, why not creating a new graphic adventure with a new story (I remember the happiness when I first played Full Throttle or The Dig or Monkey I)?
    And another question: why don't you TTG team try to convince AMEgames to publish their A Vampyre Story on the web in episodic format as Bone?
    Now the biggest wonderful news, in my opinion, would be TTG and AMEgames join together to form the leader of telling stories for our (eager) imagination.
    But I suppose it will be impossible and I must be satisfied with Sam 2... Sigh but hey! Hurra'.

Ciao!
  • edited September 2005
    Great news indeed! Congratulations to the guys and girls at Telltale. And to us fans as well :-)
  • edited September 2005
    Great news. All I can say is Yes! :D :))
  • edited September 2005
    In the immortal words of Max, "I may scream like a grandmother!"

[\:D/] [\:D/] [\:D/] [\:D/]

"Bone" is going to be mine just to show my support!!
  • edited September 2005
    Best news I've heard in a looooong time!
  • edited September 2005
    Okay, TellTale, you used to rock.
    Now you R-O-C-K.
    Dom
  • edited September 2005
    YEA:D Congratulations from germany;) Now i'm glad that BBE didn't got the license... I'm sure they'll do a great job.

But i would prefer the game in one whole part on one DVD and not in episodes via download =( ... but I'VE TO GET IT:D

BUT PLEEEEAAAASE MAKE DIFFERENT LANGUAGES! Also voice versions!

Also for Bone... I WOULD 100%ly buy it if it would be in german... but no it even dosen't have german subtitles :'(

It's no real problem to play the game in english... but in an adventure game the voices are really important... and without a version in my language i can't have as much fun as the game could give me.

I hope Bone and the new S&M will be available in german (and other languages) one day.

Check out my site and forum:
    http://www.sam-and-max.de.vu/
    http://www.sam-and-max.forum.de.vu/
  • edited September 2005
    Telltale, I swear, one of these days I'm going to use my awesome ninja skills to sneak into your offices. Not to steal your code, not to take fuzzy screenshots, not to put viruses on your computers... no.

I will give you guys a HUG!

Now port Bone to Mac, make Sam and Max, then port that, dammit! :)
  • edited September 2005
    Okay - I have actual tears of joy in my eyes. This is awesome news guys, just awesome. I've got texas-holdem, I'll be getting bone soon. Knowing you lot are on this job fills my heart with.....fuzzy things.

I'm gonna help break in, and turn it into a Group hug. Seriously.

Dave :D :D :D
  • edited September 2005
    REALLY hope this gets Vampire Story a publisher. I just hope they bring out more games quickly - I can't handle SMALL episodic games...and having read the books I assume that's sort of like a walkthrough..!
  • edited September 2005
    I love Telltale and want to have all your babies, despite the fact that I'm male (which could make it a little difficult)

No, but serioulsy, that's actually managed to make this THE best month ever. My birthday on Wednesday, Bone finally being released, and now this!

I think I'm actually going to cry (with happiness).
  • edited September 2005
    While we're on Sam and Max here, does anyone know where i can find some of the comics/TV show videos? I love them but have only been able to find a few of the comics on the interwebs and i only saw about 2 episodes on holiday in Australia once.
  • edited September 2005
    I haven't visited this forum for a while, but as I received by e-mail the great news that Bone was ready for download, I figured I could read the new posts while I download the game and... Errr two great news in a single day, my heart can hardly stand it. I must be getting old!
    :D Rejoice! :D
  • edited September 2005
    I know where you can get the episodes=)
    You can download them via eMule www.emule-project.net

And if you check out my forum:
    You'll see that there are already 2 episodes ready for download!
    Sure they're in the memberzone so you'll have to register^^ but so you'll get the episodes The Invaders and KISS KISS BANG BANG :)

If there'll be more going on on my forum in the future i'll upload more episodes to my ftp.

My visitor counter slowly reaches the 2000 mark :D

LONG LIVE SAM AND MAX :D
    I could cry whole new orleans to one big sea so happy am i.
    Hope progress on the game gose forward quickly=)
    And let it have more playtime than Bone please.
  • edited September 2005
    I know where you can get the episodes=)
    You can download them via eMule www.emule-project.net

And if you check out my forum:
    You'll see that there are already 2 episodes ready for download!
    Sure they're in the memberzone so you'll have to register^^ but so you'll get the episodes The Invaders and KISS KISS BANG BANG :)

If there'll be more going on on my forum in the future i'll upload more episodes to my ftp.

My visitor counter slowly reaches the 2000 mark :D

LONG LIVE SAM AND MAX :D
    I could cry whole new orleans to one big sea so happy am i.
    Hope progress on the game gose forward quickly=)
    And let it have more playtime than Bone please.

eMule is evil and to be more precise, doesn't work for some reason. I went and registered on your forums but was never sent a password. so i can't log in. so now i'm more than a little annoyed.
  • edited September 2005
    This is the best news ever.
    But, will this also only be available through online purchase?
  • edited September 2005
    This is the best news ever.
    But, will this also only be available through online purchase?

sadly, yes. dude, i want a physical game. by releasing it on the internet, that almost forces the game to be halfassed and short. believe me, SNM2 is not HL2. it willbe small and short
  • edited September 2005
    Sam and Max 2 will have a larger installed fanbase than Bone, methinks, or at least people will remember Freelance Police, so there's a higher chance of this game getting a real world publisher earlier on.

However, remember that Freelance Police was going to be 6 mini cases wrapped around one big "über plot", so downloadable games wouldn't be so bad. In fact, the dev team wanted downloadable cases to be released after the game, but I doubt Lucas Arts would have allowed that.
  • edited September 2005
    Sam and Max 2 will have a larger installed fanbase than Bone, methinks, or at least people will remember Freelance Police, so there's a higher chance of this game getting a real world publisher earlier on.

However, remember that Freelance Police was going to be 6 mini cases wrapped around one big "über plot", so downloadable games wouldn't be so bad. In fact, the dev team wanted downloadable cases to be released after the game, but I doubt Lucas Arts would have allowed that.

reeeeeeeeally... well, now i feel stupid. episodic release would work even better for SNM.
  • edited September 2005
    [sadly, yes. dude, i want a physical game. by releasing it on the internet, that almost forces the game to be halfassed and short. believe me, SNM2 is not HL2. it willbe small and short

Concerning Sam & Max, Telltale will give us the whole ass, I'm sure. They already have experience making Freelance Police, even though we never got to play it. Consider it a practice effort before making it really good, and without a publisher telling them what they can and can't do.

And I think a short Sam & Max episode every 8-10 months is considerably better than one full length game every... say... 13 years? I'd love a longer game, too, but we've got to pick our battles. This is not one we should mess around with.
  • edited September 2005
    So far Telltale has delivered the goods - no reason to doubt them.
  • edited September 2005
    Surely they would plan the episodes so that when they were all finished and you had the entire run of games, it would play like the original. It just got better each step..just make the puzzles hard!!
  • edited September 2005
    Yes, Sam & Max is not a kids game. The puzzles have got to be much more challenging than they are in Bone.
  • edited September 2005
    I have a thing about online payment (something always goes wrong), but it's better then not getting any game at all. Hopefully this activity will spread, and the adventure genre can be resrurrected (with BASS2 on the way and all)
  • edited September 2005
    I have a thing about online payment (something always goes wrong), but it's better then not getting any game at all. Hopefully this activity will spread, and the adventure genre can be resrurrected (with BASS2 on the way and all)

what?!! BASS2?!

wow
  • edited September 2005

what?!! BASS2?!

wow

Well nothing is certain yet, but Revolution has purchased this url, http://www.steel-sky2.com . And Tony sometimes gives inside info. on the forum
  • edited September 2005
    lets just hope sam and max isn't released in episode form. I want a whole game already.
  • edited September 2005
    I'm pretty sure it will be in Epiode Form. Which is fine by me. :)

My question is this... Is there any any any chance they could get the original voice actors from the first Sam n Max game?
  • edited September 2005
    Man, I hope so! Bill Farmer and Nick Jameson are Sam and Max to me.
  • edited September 2005
    I think a nice 3ish hours episode of sam and max maybe 3 times a year would really keep me going for aslong as you make them, which i hope is forever, good luck on this guys!
  • edited September 2005
    lets just hope sam and max isn't released in episode form. I want a whole game already.

Disagree. The episodic nature of Bone has already shown me the light. I love the idea of playing a new episode 2-3 times during a year! A new game every 4-5 months rocks! I guess TTG will have to hire more staff if they are working on 8 more episodes of Bone, and what maybe 5-6 episodes of SNM.
  • edited September 2005
    Hmm who knows they could do anything with Sam & Max. I mean Bone is a complete story and will end when they finish the story but with Sam & Max they have more freedom. They could still make several episodes that tell one big story if they want to, or they can make each one stand completely on their own. Who knows?
Sign in to comment in this discussion.