Finished The Game Spoiler Free Thread

Umm yea that was bad ass awesome
and it sure went for a lot longer than i anticipated

However I'd like to add since the game had a cellshade quality to it
I'm hoping the upcoming Sam & Max seasons will have the same!!!!

Then it'll just end up matching the comics and the cartoons and gasp
HIT THE ROAD GRAPHICS.... oooooooo I can't wait!

plus it'll make the texturing job a hulluva lot easier maybe?

Comments

• dang, you're FAST! I'm still stuck after... stuff..
  • NickTTGNickTTG Telltale Alumni
    edited August 2008

However I'd like to add since the game had a cellshade quality to it
    I'm hoping the upcoming Sam & Max seasons will have the same!!!!

Then it'll just end up matching the comics and the cartoons and gasp
    HIT THE ROAD GRAPHICS.... oooooooo I can't wait!

plus it'll make the texturing job a hulluva lot easier maybe?

haha :D
  • edited August 2008
    umm just think like strong bad it's not hard.. be evil ^_^

i'm having more trouble finding the other costumes and how do u get to the photo booth?
    where is that thing?

and well the rest of the secret stuff ur supposed to find.. i'm totally stumped on that stuff
  • edited August 2008
    That... was... awesome. Telltale, you did it again!

Haven't unlocked everything yet, nor tried to hear all of the extra dialogue, but everything I *did* unlock and hear was as good as anything on the website. And I was very surprised at the length. Good to see the ol' 3 act formula from S&M. :D

Extra win-points for
    Homsar's cameo
    :p
  • edited August 2008
    Awesome stuff. I was scared when I saw how small the file size was but they really managed to pack a lot of story into that. I've just finished the game and these are my stats so far...

2.jpg
    1.jpg

I would continue playing and get all the bonus stuff but it's kinda 6am down here in Australia and I should really get some sleep.

Hmm, still not sure what the 72% and 40% thingo's mean...
  • edited August 2008
    I just finished it. The humor was hit and miss and the graphics were a bit cheap but sufficient. Or in other words: it was just like a Homestar Runner cartoon.

So yeah, I guess it can be considered a success in that regard.
  • edited August 2008
    I beat the game just now and I feel it was like a Homestar Runner cartoon... one long filled game of laughs, remarks and Sam and Max stylings...
  • edited August 2008
    I swear, I laughed so hard all throughout this game. Now I can't wait for Episode 2! Looks real good.
  • edited August 2008
    I think I'm almost finished, but I might not be.I thought I finished it when I gave homestar the records, but NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!But, I'm actually happier that it's long.It makes it more worth the 1000 wii points I'm paying for it.:)
  • edited August 2008
    I'm also glad to be the first Brit to actually BEAT the game... :D
  • edited August 2008
    first brit?
    maybe that should be an obscure trophy

haha
  • edited August 2008
    No you weren't. I beat...

the demo 3 hours ago
  • edited August 2008
    The demo huh? I beat the full game in 3 hours!
  • edited August 2008
    I just finished the game and haven't found all of the bonuses yet.

I understand people complaining about the game, but I found it to be exactly what I think Homestar Runner in a videogame would be! The humor was funny and felt like I was watching an interactive long cartoon on HomestarRunner.com. I can't wait until Episode 2 and will buy it the day it comes out.
  • edited August 2008
    This game felt shorter than it was to me. It's probably because only one of the puzzles puzzled me enough to make me have to get up from the computer and think it over for a bit - something I do a lot with Sam and Max games. This usually makes the Sam and Max episode experience last a few days for me.

The whole game felt very simple and linear...I'm a bit disappointed in that regard. But a lot of things are done right, and I do hope the rest of the season is better about difficulty.

Also, I noticed that Hints are on Medium by default. At the start of the game I was messing with settings, and was a bit annoyed by this. I turned them down to low, and I still felt the game was....way too easy.
  • edited August 2008
    i'm having more trouble finding the other costumes and how do u get to the photo booth?
    where is that thing?
    It's in the same area as bub's shop (or what he likes to CALL a shop :P). Just keep walking in one direction away from bubs untill you find it :) Good luck!
  • edited August 2008
    Beat it an hour back. I got it as soon as it released :D

Glad the download servers could handle all of us crazy fans.
  • edited August 2008
    I beat it like, 10 minnutes ago:D. I sadly had to use the walkthrough when trying to get the records and the whole candy thing with the KOT.:( I probably would have beat it sooner, if I didn't have to go get groceries though. I'll get the bonuses some other time.:cool:
  • edited August 2008
    I used it the second time through cause I Wanted to find the bonuses I'd miss.
  • edited August 2008
    heavybassX wrote: »
    I'm also glad to be the first Brit to actually BEAT the game... :D

NAH! I AM! I am!
  • edited August 2008
    Just finished the game now and that was pretty damn good!
    Much better than I had anticipated, I always fear the worst with new stuff.

I've never even watched any of the stuff on the web site but I still enjoyed this game quite a bit. Now I'm looking forward to the next episode :D
  • edited August 2008
    I thought it was good and lots of fun. I guess my problem was that I just finished Braid before playing it, and that completely blew me away. In comparison some of the puzzles on offer weren't really that imaginative, here. I'm not saying that H*R games should be as difficult as Braid, that's not really the point. I just wonder if it's time for adventure games to start offering better designed puzzles, puzzles that give you the great 'Eureka!' feeling of having really worked out a problem (whether that problem is simple or complicated), instead of just having puzzles which feel like you're just trying things that you think might work, maybe.

There were only a couple of puzzles in this episode, toward the end, that made me feel I was actually working something out rather than either simply going through the motions (I need to go to this guy to get this item) or making educated guesses (I can probably use this item on this other item to get the thing I need... yup, it worked.)

It's a problem that adventure games in general have, I feel. By contrast, something like Monkey Island 1's jailbreak-with-grog puzzle was simple but has a nice element of 'working out' to it: 'Okay, I need to get the grog from here to here, but my mug melts. How do I extend the life of the mug? I can't, so I need to use something else. I've only got other mugs, though. Oh, wait, what if I just pass it from one mug to the next...?' and so on.

There's a sort of satisfaction in figuring that out, but not enough adventure puzzles are like that. In this episode of SBCG4AP I hardly felt that satisfaction at all - I was just trying the stuff I thought I should do. Only because it was so charming in other ways can I still say I enjoyed it a lot.
  • edited August 2008
    sa_nick wrote: »
    Hmm, still not sure what the 72% and 40% thingo's mean...

It's how close you are to getting that perticular trophy.

...Although I'm still not sure what the trophies actually mean, or what they're rewarded for.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.