Can't unlock Episode 1?

I preordered the full season, and downloaded Homestar Ruiner just a little while ago. After installing and running it for the first time, it of course asked me to login. I did that (may have typoed my password, but pretty sure I didn't). It then brought me to the "thanks for trying!" page, and suggests that I buy it, but the "launch game!" button is there too. Only, once actually in-game I can't tell if it's the demo or not, and I don't really want to try and find the end of the demo when I actually did -buy- the game.

So basically, if it's telling me to buy the episode or season "for more fun" and says "thanks for trying" but gives absolutely no other indication that it's a demo, have I successfully unlocked it? I have uninstalled and reinstalled, and cannot get it to give me another chance to login, or find anywhere to put in my serial number.

Comments

• edited August 2008
    So basically, if it's telling me to buy the episode or season "for more fun" and says "thanks for trying" but gives absolutely no other indication that it's a demo, have I successfully unlocked it?

Yes. I thought there was a bug at first when I saw that same screen (stating "Please pay" but having no serial code box), so I decided to play through the game until it would kick me out so that I can enter the serial number, but it turns out that that never happened when I played through the game, so yeah, it's registered.
  • edited August 2008
    Tigrath wrote: »
    I preordered the full season, and downloaded Homestar Ruiner just a little while ago. After installing and running it for the first time, it of course asked me to login. I did that (may have typoed my password, but pretty sure I didn't). It then brought me to the "thanks for trying!" page, and suggests that I buy it, but the "launch game!" button is there too. Only, once actually in-game I can't tell if it's the demo or not, and I don't really want to try and find the end of the demo when I actually did -buy- the game.

So basically, if it's telling me to buy the episode or season "for more fun" and says "thanks for trying" but gives absolutely no other indication that it's a demo, have I successfully unlocked it? I have uninstalled and reinstalled, and cannot get it to give me another chance to login, or find anywhere to put in my serial number.

Trust me, even if it says that, you can still play the full game.
  • edited August 2008
    Alright thanks for the quick replies, been wanting to go ahead and play it already. Weeeeird.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.