Snake Boxer is insane (does it end?)

Does it ever end? After 19, the snakes will kill you in one hit. And they move incredibly fast and they are black. My brother is currently at level 25.

Seriously, is there a kill screen or something?

In level 28 the snake moves incredibly fast.

Currently at 31.

Comments

• David EDavid E Telltale Alumni
    edited August 2008
    I believe Snake Boxer is done in the style of classic arcade/console games of the early 80's, in that it doesn't really end, but rather keeps getting more and more difficult until it defeats the player. The goal in those games was to get the high score, and the goal of Snake Boxer 5 is to get as many knockouts as you can get before getting KO'd yourself. Getting to a high enough level helps out your overall awesomeness ranking, but there's a point where it won't give you any more awesomeness.
  • langleylangley Telltale Alumni
    edited August 2008
    But feel free to keep tryin' for that kill screen.
  • edited August 2008
    Well if it's there, it's past level 31...
  • edited August 2008
    lol, every classic game has a kill screen! Pacman was 200 something and the screen was like someone threw up pixles all over half the screen. Donkey Kong's was when Mario would just randomly die without getting hit.
  • edited August 2008
    Luigi wrote: »
    lol, every classic game has a kill screen! Pacman was 200 something and the screen was like someone threw up pixles all over half the screen. Donkey Kong's was when Mario would just randomly die without getting hit.

It was like 32 for DK.
  • edited August 2008
    I suppose it'd be nice to know how much awesomeness you can get from Snake Boxer, and what level it stops helping. Getting to there would be, in a way, "beating" the game.

I'm only at 13. ='(
  • David EDavid E Telltale Alumni
    edited August 2008
    I suppose it'd be nice to know how much awesomeness you can get from Snake Boxer, and what level it stops helping. Getting to there would be, in a way, "beating" the game.

I'm only at 13. ='(
    You should be able to tell that from the color of the number in your Awesomeness menu. You haven't hit it quite yet (and neither have I) ;)
  • edited August 2008

I'm only at 13. ='(

I believe it's 15. Once your score turns green, you can no longer help your awesomeness.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited August 2008
    Ninja wrote: »
    you can no longer help your awesomeness.

People tell me this all the time. I think it's a compliment.
  • edited August 2008
    haha, yeah, your just pimp like that jake :P
  • edited August 2008
    Heh I got to 15 thinking that it would eventually end but I died.
  • edited August 2008
    Did you get green on your thing?
  • edited August 2008
    Got to 55. Wow I have no life. >_< I was wondering if 99 might be the limit, but I sadly didn't get quite that high!
  • edited August 2008
    Sira Raven wrote: »
    Got to 55. Wow I have no life. >_< I was wondering if 99 might be the limit, but I sadly didn't get quite that high!

Wow, that's a pretty good. Unfortunately, a few lives were wasted early on when my brother attempted it, but he probably would have got a higher record.
  • edited August 2008
    You mean you'll never find out the terrible secret behind Boxer Joe? And the reason why the Lady Snake Parade failed to make it into space? And why the Snake Mafia wants to kill ya?

Meh. :\ Still fun though.
  • is this with or without the Cobra-Version... because if it's regular Boxer Joe, I'd be amazed. ^_^
  • edited August 2008
    is this with or without the Cobra-Version... because if it's regular Boxer Joe, I'd be amazed. ^_^
    After you get past level 19, you pretty much have to do it with the cobra. Doing it with just joe is annoying.
  • edited August 2008

I'm only at 13. ='(

I have a crappy, and really cheap method with the secret code So I got to level 17!Then again, that's not something to brag about...
  • edited August 2008
    Actually, does anybody have any tricks for getting higher up?

And are there any actual real benefits to the controversial, super-secret forbidden mode other than hot
    snake on snake action?
  • edited August 2008
    Actually, does anybody have any tricks for getting higher up?

And are there any actual real benefits to the controversial, super-secret forbidden mode other than hot
    snake on snake action?
    ...you can shoot fire?
  • edited August 2008
    I got to level 14 and died just before beating the snake :eek:

I'm not using any cheat though, haven't found it yet (haven't looked for it either, I want to get the green number here before proceeding!).

EDIT - this is incredibly annoying! I've gotten a headache and my fingers hurt like hell but there's no way I'm giving up! :D ARGH! I want to get the green number without using that cheat :mad: :D

EDIT 2 - Actually, I'm guessing you won't get a green number if you use that Cobra cheat or whatever it is - I have no idea though, this is pure speculation.. but often you don't get highscores in games when you cheat and I'm guessing this might be one of those.
    But don't tell me, I don't want any spoilers! :)
  • edited August 2008
    Nope. You still get a green number if you use the cheat.

The snake has a faster block and movement time.
  • edited August 2008
    And he breathes fire!
Sign in to comment in this discussion.