Same Engine as The Walking Dead?

My laptop can running The Walking Dead, but on the lowest settings, which I'm fine with. But will that be the case with The Wolf Among Us, or will I get a slow-framed screen?

Comments

• edited August 2013
    We don't know yet - they haven't released system specs. I wouldn't imagine it'd be too much more than TWD though.
  • edited August 2013
    The Wolf Among Us looks a bit higher end in graphics than Walking Dead, your computer might be a little bit slower running TWAU, but it should still work
  • Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited August 2013
    Technically speaking, all Telltale games run from the same "Telltale Tool." However, as for specs, I imagine this game might require a better set up as others have said. A good indication is that this game was not announced for iOS whereas the Walking Dead was I believe (ignoring other titles which were released earlier and ported to iOS down the line).
  • edited August 2013
    Supposedly it is similar to TWD. However, there are supposedly multiples events that will happen at the same time. It is supposed to encourage multi play throughs.
  • JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited August 2013
    In my experience, each release by Telltale taxes lower end computers just a little bit more (since, although all their games are made with the Telltale Tool engine, each release brings some upgrades in the engine's features).

It should run (since the step up in requirements between each new Telltale Tool is small, or at least, has been so far). However, since you'll most likely be playing below the minimum requirements, depending on your video card, you might find yourself having to play on the lowest settings with a few messed up textures (that's what happened to me with The Walking Dead on my low end eMachines computer).
  • edited August 2013
    Jennifer wrote: »
    It should run (since the step up in requirements between each new Telltale Tool is small, or at least, has been so far). However, since you'll most likely be playing below the minimum requirements, depending on your video card, you might find yourself having to play on the lowest settings with a few messed up textures (that's what happened to me with The Walking Dead on my low end eMachines computer).

What exactly is a messed up texture?
  • JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited August 2013
    What exactly is a messed up texture?
    In the Walking Dead, on my low end e-Machines computer (which was way under the minimum requirements, video card wise), some things in the game appeared black instead of showing the proper texture. Like the mouse pointer, parts of the sky, and some parts of each character's hair. It wasn't too much of a hassle for me, although the mouse pointer did get a little hard to see sometimes, and I had to turn the graphics settings up one in certain scenes which made the game really sluggish (although it wasn't sluggish otherwise, the graphics were just missing a bit).

It might not happen to you, but be warned that it might happen. Playing below the minimum requirements can cause things like this to happen. If that doesn't sound like something you can live with, you might want to consider getting the game for a console (if you have a PlayStation 3 or Xbox 360), or upgrading your computer.
  • edited August 2013
    I see, well I can't wait, looks really good for a cell shaded game, and I am not dising on cell shaded games.
  • edited August 2013
    Wind Waker was badass. Cell shaded doesn't even look bad.
  • edited August 2013
    I agree with that ^^
    ~wind waker is my favorite Zelda game~
  • edited August 2013
    Can't go wrong with cel shading...
  • edited August 2013
    You can never go wrong with cell shaded, it never gets boring.
  • ProfanityProfanity Banned
    edited August 2013
    You can never go wrong with cell shaded, it never gets boring.

Borderlands would like a word with you.
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited August 2013
    Oh, it's certainly not overused. Only a few games make use of a similar technique, and I mostly like the results. Prince of Persia (2008) still remains one of my favorite games, not least thanks to the cel shaded look.
  • edited August 2013
    Profanity wrote: »
    Borderlands would like a word with you.

Borderlands graphics are cool
  • edited August 2013
    Ah yes Borderlands, it does look very similar to Walking Dead's cell shaded, or I am crazy, one of those two.
  • edited August 2013
    Can't go wrong with cel shading...
    drake99demo_4.jpg
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited August 2013
    Careful! People might mistake that with TWaU! ;)
  • edited August 2013
    drake99demo_4.jpg

I like to think to myself that only the trench coat is cell shaded, such a god awful game, I hope that game burns in gaming hell along side ET and Superman 64, and I am not talking about Wolf Among Us.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.