Where's the Wii U love?

edited April 2013 in The Wolf Among Us
Seems like the Wii U would be a wonderful platform for any of your adventure games. Any plans to release a version for that? Even if it's not at launch?
Truth be told, I'm probably buying the PC version as soon as it comes out. But knowing me, I'd probably get a Wii U release as well if one comes out (especially if it takes advantage of the gamepad well!)

Comments

• edited April 2013
    Considering how it's been doing sales-wise, I'm guessing developing anything for the Wii U right now would cost Telltale more than they'd make.

But who knows. I'm sure they've got something planned eventually.
  • edited April 2013
    Considering how it's been doing sales-wise, I'm guessing developing anything for the Wii U right now would cost Telltale more than they'd make.

Apparantly it doesn't take much to port a 360 game to the WiiU, so that may not be the case. I'd say it'd be the case of telltale being more cautious on how episodic gaming would work on the WiiU's eshop being why we don't see anything for it just yet.
  • edited April 2013
    I have been enjoying my Wii U its really what the Wii should have been from the start.. but better late than never I guess.
  • edited April 2013
    Although a Telltale Game and the Wii U are a perfect match. I don't think it's very feasible for Telltale to put, well, anything on the console. It's sad, but it seems there would only be a small handful of people would buy a game from the console; compared to that of PC/360/PS3 sales. Until more good games come to the console, and when Nintendo decides to actually market the damn thing, there's no real point...
  • JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited April 2013
    They'll probably start releasing things for the Wii U at some point. One of Telltale's goals has always been to get their games on as many platforms as possible.
  • edited August 2013
    Now that Walking Dead has been released on Vita (and it's excellent, and looks beautiful on the OLED screen) and Walking Dead Season 2 is confirmed for Vita, any chance of Fables getting a release on Sony's platform?
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited August 2013
    I haven't got much of a clue, but it does seem likely. When Telltale's present engine is able to incorporate the Vita, and when Telltale has already demonstrated their interest in developing for the platform, this next step becomes more or less a case of "why not?".

It will probably not be among the launch platforms, though!
  • edited August 2013
    It will probably not be among the launch platforms, though!

It'll be a Lone Wolf. *Buh-Dum-Tish*
  • edited August 2013
    Do you think that they will release a retail disc version for PS3 when the all the episodes come out?
  • edited August 2013
    Do you think that they will release a retail disc version for PS3 when the all the episodes come out?

Depending on the demand, I would suppose there could be. Telltale usually release PC boxed editions of their game but there wasn't one for TWD, to my knowledge.

If this Blog Post is anything to go by there is an extremely high chance for an Ouya version.
  • edited September 2013
    Well I hope they do my GF is a huge Fables fan and I would like to pick up a retail version for her :)
Sign in to comment in this discussion.