I'd like to preorder the game please

fusedmassfusedmass Banned
edited September 2013 in The Wolf Among Us

After reviewing numerous articles, they claim. In this video game will be a moral choice system with different outcomes. Exactly like how they delivered The Walking Dead. That's what I like to hear. Further review details, how they expanded on certain tasks.

Like punching someone, is a tad more complex then clicking a button. I'm told on consoles. A line will appear. You have to select it just at the right moment, anyway. These are just rumors. I'd like to preorder the game now.

While I have the money, then later on this month when I don't. If we know the price is 5 bucks each episode What is the harm in allowing us to preorder early.

Comments

• Telltale has only ever offered pre-orders with physical versions of their games. Since TWAU is a digital-only game (so far), and Telltale have stopped producing physical stuff, this means they've also stopped doing pre-orders.

• VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited September 2013

Darth... take a look at how many "insider forums" (= forums for pre-order purchasers exclusively) we already have for games which never got a Telltale store disc release and rethink that statement.

You could pre-order The Walking Dead (= digital only from the TTG store) from March 22nd, 2012 (at least the first insider forum post has that time stamp) while it only released more than a month later.

I'd rather believe pre-orders are just around the corner for TWaU.

• Fine. Digital only games which AREN'T on Steam. Whatever.

They're still not doing pre-orders for TWAU.

• All right, we're taking bets here. :D

• I'm completely fine with it digital only or even through stream. That was my intention and understanding all along.

• KevinKevin Telltale Alumni
    edited September 2013

We haven't announced any pre-order yet (stay tuned) but Darth is incorrect. We not offering physical stuff at the moment, but that has no relation to Wolf preorders!

Telltale has only ever offered pre-orders with physical versions of their games. Since TWAU is a digital-only game (so far), and Telltale have stopped producing physical stuff, this means they've also stopped doing pre-orders.

• puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni

Preorders? Like Kevin said above... stay tuned! You probably won't be waiting much longer. ;)

• You dare to tell me I'm wrong?

...k.

Kevin posted: »

We haven't announced any pre-order yet (stay tuned) but Darth is incorrect. We not offering physical stuff at the moment, but that has no relation to Wolf preorders!

• I've been checking these forums, everyday since he said that. Kinda refreshing the page. I can't help but be excited. Since Dragon Age Orgins. This game has been the most fun, moral choice game. I've ever played. I don't have to wait years for the next game to come out. I know the game is complete because is in "pending" pre sale move.

You only do that after you completed the game and its approved.

puzzlebox posted: »

Preorders? Like Kevin said above... stay tuned! You probably won't be waiting much longer.

• Go check the newbie FAQ. ;)

'The game' is not finished, at least four episodes are not. And it is certainly not yet 'approved', because it's not even the end of September yet.

fusedmass posted: »

I've been checking these forums, everyday since he said that. Kinda refreshing the page. I can't help but be excited. Since Dragon Age Orgins.

• Your confirming then it won't be out till at least, early October? not this month. That's a shame.

Vainamoinen posted: »

Go check the newbie FAQ. 'The game' is not finished, at least four episodes are not. And it is certainly not yet 'approved', because it's not even the end of September yet.

• I'm confirming nothing. I'm not a Telltale employee, I'm a voluntary forum moderator.

fusedmass posted: »

Your confirming then it won't be out till at least, early October? not this month. That's a shame.

• I'm pretty sure they've already said it won't be out until October or so. They haven't given us an actual date yet though, you're right.

I'm confirming nothing. I'm not a Telltale employee, I'm a voluntary forum moderator.

edited September 2013

Release window is still late September/early October, last confirmed by puzzlebox on August 28th in this thread. I don't think they'll make September, but it is still their window and they explicitly haven't ruled it out.

But I do assume that the minute pre orders are go, we'll get our fixed release date.

I'm pretty sure they've already said it won't be out until October or so. They haven't given us an actual date yet though, you're right.

• I know some people here know when, I bet they've even played the game.

edited September 2013

Well, the developers certainly have played the game. You can count on Kevin having had his hands on the game for sure. ;)

As for the moderators... ah, well, when I started here, the loose idea was flying around that mods might get early access to the episodes so that they wouldn't be spoilered by modding the boards. Yeah... never happened, sadly. ;)

MissDRJ posted: »

I know some people here know when, I bet they've even played the game.

At the moment we're targeting early October for the season premiere. I'd expect that window to become more concrete once preorders go live.

Release window is still late September/early October, last confirmed by puzzlebox on August 28th in this thread. I don't think they'll make Se

edited September 2013

When we know for sure, we'll share!

MissDRJ posted: »

when I started here, the loose idea was flying around that mods might get early access to the episodes so that they wouldn't be spoilered by modding the boars. Yeah... never happened, sadly. ;)

I'll make sure that you guys get access as early as possible! Telltale's development cycle is a bit different to many other companies, and even reviewers usually only get access to episodes very close to release (if not DAY OF release).

Well, the developers certainly have played the game. You can count on Kevin having had his hands on the game for sure. As for the moderato

• So more then likely, its going to be in the first or second week of upcoming month.

puzzlebox posted: »

I know some people here know when, I bet they've even played the game. When we know for sure, we'll share!

Sign in to comment in this discussion.