extremely slow download

edited October 2013 in The Wolf Among Us

Hi is this normal downloading from the telltale site to be getting 500kbps im on a 80mbps connection and 45min download for a file over 1Gb is a joke

Comments

• Where the hell are you downloading it from??

• mines also that slow should've bought it on steam...

• Where is the Mac version? I only can download a Windows version.

• edited October 2013

look under my games files called Thewolfamongus.msi 1.04Gb

Im in the UK

onallion posted: »

Where the hell are you downloading it from??

• That's weird. I'm getting ~2MB/s

• I was wondering the same thing. I didn't notice until I had already started the download.

big-augen posted: »

Where is the Mac version? I only can download a Windows version.

• I downloaded the file, but now it isn't installing

• Do they have any kind of tech support as this is silly ?

• I'm getting between 300-500. Meh, it's only gonna take about 30 minutes more, I'm not in THAT much of a rush

• Me too, I'm also getting extremely slow download. I had given for granted that I would receive a Steam key, just like the Walking Dead, should have been more careful with the pre order.

big-augen posted: »

Where is the Mac version? I only can download a Windows version.

• I'm not finding that link...

• I'm having a really slow download as well (Steam), but considering my computer and connection that isn't exactly strange.

Probably won't get to play until tonight. :(

• Mine downloaded fast as hell. Took less than 5 minutes.

• I assume everyone downloading are doing it from Steam, since there's no TTale shop link up yet.
    Meh.

• Mine is from the Telltale shop looks like they took down the link already

FrozenSnowy posted: »

I assume everyone downloading are doing it from Steam, since there's no TTale shop link up yet. Meh.

• Well it's not that strange to have issues on launch day, hopefully we'll get to play in a few hours, I was just disappointed that I didn't receive a Steam key, but that was just a wrong assumption on my part...

• Yeah, a moderator on another thread said it's because of issues with the authentication servers. I'll be optimistic and say - they're actively working on it, so I guess patience is the key here...

antonyfrn posted: »

Mine is from the Telltale shop looks like they took down the link already

• Darth Marsden Moderator

Flag Hide comment
    The game's not actually live yet. Sorry about the early announcement - someone at TTG got a little too eager.

To quote puzzlebox:

We hit the go button a little prematurely this morning, and for a period of about 10 minutes people were able to download something that's not the final build. Anyone who got that file should uninstall it and delete the download - we'll have a fresh, working download later this afternoon (US west coast time). Thanks so much for your patience, folks!

It'll actually go live in a couple of hours. Hang in there!

Sign in to comment in this discussion.