Anyone got the game working?

edited October 2013 in The Wolf Among Us

I'm still getting the communication error message

Comments

• Did you, by any chance, download the build that was accidentally uploaded yesterday and only available for 10 minutes? In this case, uninstall and download the correct version of the game from the site.

If that's not the reason, try and contact Telltale's support.

Good luck!

• I downloaded it like 3 hours ago

Vainamoinen posted: »

Did you, by any chance, download the build that was accidentally uploaded yesterday and only available for 10 minutes? In this case, uninstall

• Also, did anyone that buy this game from websites like GreenManGaming got the email for steam key?
    I didn't.

• edited October 2013

i got it off greenmangaming and didn't get a steam key. if you try to log in with your username and not your email it might work

uarsho posted: »

Also, did anyone that buy this game from websites like GreenManGaming got the email for steam key? I didn't.

• tried it, didn't work, the game/server just hates me.

iTz-Snap posted: »

i got it off greenmangaming and didn't get a steam key. if you try to log in with your username and not your email it might work

• Well, all I get is a black screen and then the game crash. Win8 64bit

• I'm still getting the communication error. I downloaded it quite recently. I can understand having problems on launch day, but at least keep us up to date with what's going on. Forums, Facebook, anything.

• Try entering your user name not the email address, it worked for me.

abcdefghijk posted: »

I'm still getting the communication error. I downloaded it quite recently. I can understand having problems on launch day, but at least keep us up to date with what's going on. Forums, Facebook, anything.

• Same issue here, game crashes on Win8 64 bit, black screen, nothing more

Rocket74 posted: »

Well, all I get is a black screen and then the game crash. Win8 64bit

• Maybe try Win7 compatibilty mode?

Raav92 posted: »

Same issue here, game crashes on Win8 64 bit, black screen, nothing more

• I've already tried it, still not working :(.
    I am let's player and I wanted to record it just after release. It seems I wont be able to doo this.

Maybe try Win7 compatibilty mode?

• After a few tries switching e-mail and user name it connected and now I can play.
    Probably their login servers are a little congested due to the high amount of traffic!
    Just keep trying and you'll get through eventually.

• Razer mouse is counter as Controller, so I have unplugged it and puted dinput8.dll file in game folder, now its working! Yeah <3

I've already tried it, still not working . I am let's player and I wanted to record it just after release. It seems I wont be able to doo this.

• Ordered from GMG and redeemed my key early Friday morning when they was sent out no email or steam key

uarsho posted: »

Also, did anyone that buy this game from websites like GreenManGaming got the email for steam key? I didn't.

• I ran it in windows 8 64bit with no problems at all.

Same issue here, game crashes on Win8 64 bit, black screen, nothing more

• You would have thought lessons would have been learned from the simciy debacle..

EA games gave me a free game as compensation for that mistake. Hopefully TTG rewards folks who are having issues,

After a few tries switching e-mail and user name it connected and now I can play. Probably their login servers are a little congested due to the high amount of traffic! Just keep trying and you'll get through eventually.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.