So,are you doing second playthrough ?

edited October 2013 in The Wolf Among Us

Well,are you doing second playthrough with alternative choices or you stick to the one playthrough ?

Comments

• Nope, I'm sticking to my original choices and I'll go with them all up to the end. I might watch some playthroughs made by others, and see what choices they make, but I won't change anything or do anything myself. It's more immerse for me this way, and I think it was intended to be played like this, because if you do all possible things by playing through it over and over, you'll ruin the narrative a bit by knowing EVERYTHING possible, even if your character doesn't know half of the things later, because you decided to stick with these decisions, and not those.

• I have to. Apparently there's a bug causing the game to not save any progress :( Even the games settings don't seem to save.

• Tempted to go back and keep everything the same but go to the Prince instead of Toads first...

• I always do multiple playthroughs because I like to see the other options. It doesn't destroy my memories of my first playthrough.

• Same here

KCohere posted: »

I always do multiple playthroughs because I like to see the other options. It doesn't destroy my memories of my first playthrough.

• I intend to do different playthroughs on the different versions I have. On Steam, for example, I went to Prince whats-his-name first, but on TTG, I went to help Frog first. It'll be interesting to see how that affects the story later on.

• I'm DEFINITELY doing a second playthrough, but only after the whole season is out and if the choices have meaningful consequences.

• I just finished my second playthrough by choosing Prince Lawrence and Dee instead of Toad and Woodsman.

• i will be doing multiple playthroughs, each with their own overarching attitude

• Im gonna do second playthrough tomorrow choosing Prince Lawrence instead of Toad

• Does that mean you can have both TTG and Steam version on your PC without it causing interference? Is it risky for the saves? Are they common saves?

I intend to do different playthroughs on the different versions I have. On Steam, for example, I went to Prince whats-his-name first, but on TTG, I went to help Frog first. It'll be interesting to see how that affects the story later on.

• I hope they're different, or that'll put a spanner in the works. :p

Disclaimer: Moderators on this forum are volunteers from the community and are not employees of the company. Our posts merely express our personal opinion and should not be mistaken for official company statements.

Fazz posted: »

Does that mean you can have both TTG and Steam version on your PC without it causing interference? Is it risky for the saves? Are they common saves?

• Sorry, I'm not sure I understand what you mean?

I hope they're different, or that'll put a spanner in the works. Disclaimer: Moderators on this forum are volunteers from the community

• A spanner in the works is another way of saying "it'll cause a problem".

Sorry, I'm not sure I understand what you mean?

• edited October 2013

Already did a second playthough. In my opinion the game shouldn't have given quite as much information at the end of the chapter. It telling me that I had failed to save Prince's life made me feel like like I'd failed an objective, so I had to go back and try other options. =/
    Normally I wouldn't.

Same with the achievements, I didn't feel like I was done because I didn't have the novice librarian achievement. Turned out that I had to choose something I never would and be an asshole to get it. These factors are forcing me to make choices I wouldn't normally make, and I personally feel they detract from the game.

But having said that, I still love the hell out of the story and characters - and although I had to replay to see what I felt I missing, I will be sticking with my first save for my first playthough. Feels more genuine.

• Yes. The first playthrough is 'canon'; the choices I made at the spur of the moment are what I consider to be my actual choices. The second playthrough is just to see what would have happened if I made different choices.

• I just completed my second playthrough as Bigby the Big asshole. :P I also chose to go to Prince Lawrence first and chase after Dee, so both of my playthroughs will be vastly different from eachother (I hope!).

• I'm the same as Marumochi, just comleted my second playthrough just so I can have Bigby being a complete ass throughout. I was interesting to see the differences but like most people have already said, my original play through is based on my "true" decisions and I'll continue that for episode 2. Anyone got any idea when we can expect episode 2, I'm already going through withdrawals :)

• Since The Walking Dead I find that I go through a three step process for each new Telltale game episode: My first playthrough I pick the choices I think I will like the most. My second playthrough I do basically the same thing but now with hindsight to correct any 'wrong' choices I made the first time (this is the playthrough that goes on to be first for future episodes). Finally I start a third playthrough with the intention of making all the 'worst choices' (which usually means being as rude, hostile, and stupid as possible). However the third playthrough tends to come being almost identical to the second because I usually wuss out almost immediately...I just can't be mean to Mr. Toad!

• Yes! I'm doing one where I visited Toad fist and one where I visited Lawrence first. I also changed my decision on who to arrest in the end. The first playthrough, the one where I visited Toad, I chose to apprehend Woody. In the second one where I went to the prince I caught the Tweedle instead. I was only going to do one, but after playing the story once I wanted to see how much things would change if the prince lived.

• Sorry, I was not clear: I checked the expression "spanner in the works" before answering, but I'm not sure how this could cause a problem if they were not different? Also, someone answered me here that the versions seem to indeed overlap... so will that put a spanner in the works? :p

A spanner in the works is another way of saying "it'll cause a problem".

• I was hoping to keep the two save games separate, so in that regard yes, it will cause an issue.

You can have multiple saves though, so it won't bother me as much as I thought it would. :)

Sorry, I was not clear: I checked the expression "spanner in the works" before answering, but I'm not sure how this could cause a problem if t

• You get a book entry when you choose NOT to rip off Grendel's arm, too. The only way to get that achievement is with a second play through.

• I've got one canon playthrough but luckily as soon as I was done, my girlfriend wanted her own playthrough and she chose the opposite of all my choices too (except for Grendel's arm...we both chose not to rip it off). I'm sure, eventually, I'll do a third, complete asshole play through as well.

• Oh, alright!

I was hoping to keep the two save games separate, so in that regard yes, it will cause an issue. You can have multiple saves though, so it won't bother me as much as I thought it would.

• edited October 2013

Damn,you did everything exactly like me except i reverse Woody and Tweedle

• It is impossible not to play this game at least one more time.

• Well I did my canon playthrough first, then I did a asshole playthrough, and then did a silent playthrough, I see stuff I did not before, but I am not changing my choices for my canon playthrough even though I know what is on the other side of the coin.

• Nope. I hate going back again.

To me, it takes away the burden that your choices affect the world around you.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.