Is Faith Really [Spoiler]?

Is Faith really dead? When the sheriff first meets Faith, she asks how you like her ribbon, and the player is given a choice of how to respond. I thought it was an odd thing to emphasize, and I immediately thought of the American folk tale of the girl who always wears a ribbon tied in a bow around her neck and refuses to take it off. One day, someone catches her sleeping, unties the bow, and her head falls off.

And then Faith's head shows up. If you examine the head, the sheriff will comment on how it looks like it might have been removed by magic.

Unfortunately, I've heard different versions of the folk tale. Sometimes the girl is not dead; she can tie her head back on with the ribbon. Sometimes, the tale ends there with the girl dead. And this does not help Snow White (unless the head was glamoured to look like her?).

Comments

• Interesting thought, though I do think she really is dead because of Snow White ending up the same way and the talk about a serial killer in the preview for the next episode.

• Allerleirauh is dead. There's some significance to the ribbon; but it's probably not the one mentioned here.

We will have to deal with one character coming back from the dead already - I'm pretty certain Telltale won't risk a second one.

• Except the very fact that we know for certain one of the 'dead' people really isn't lends credibility to the possibility that neither are really dead and something else is going on.

Vainamoinen posted: »

Allerleirauh is dead. There's some significance to the ribbon; but it's probably not the one mentioned here. We will have to deal with one character coming back from the dead already - I'm pretty certain Telltale won't risk a second one.

• Yeah, WE know that, the vocal minority of the Telltale forums who actually knew about this game before it came out at all and read the comics because of it.

Except the very fact that we know for certain one of the 'dead' people really isn't lends credibility to the possibility that neither are really dead and something else is going on.

• edited October 2013

Hm, I read the comics before there ever even was a rumor of a Telltale game, because they are GREAT!
    They share my number two of all-time favorite comics with the Lucifer series. And just behind Neil Gaiman's Sandman series. :)

Profanity posted: »

Yeah, WE know that, the vocal minority of the Telltale forums who actually knew about this game before it came out at all and read the comics because of it.

• IF the ribbon theory is true, we might have to choose to use that ribbon on either Snow or Faith.
    But they might be both dead for good too.

• Definitely using it on Snow there ... unless they throw some more dialogues that makes me even more attached to Faith , there's no way I'm leaving Snow behind.

EmperorZorn posted: »

IF the ribbon theory is true, we might have to choose to use that ribbon on either Snow or Faith. But they might be both dead for good too.

• One way or another, Snow has to live to be in the comic, so either she's not really dead or she'll somehow be resurrected.

It's not exactly a stretch for either of those to apply to Faith as well.

• edited October 2013

I wish this they're-not-really-dead/they-will-be-resurrected trend will end soon.
    It's cheap, and dying loses all its meaning.

Hate it.

Hope Telltale didn't do the same mistake.

• I'm inclined to agree. Don't get me wrong, so far it's a great game, but this whole "Magic inside of mystery" bit does feel kind of cheap. You could follow the clues until the end of time, and come up with a solution that makes no sense at all. The explanation to it? Magic. Yeah...

FuzFuz posted: »

I wish this they're-not-really-dead/they-will-be-resurrected trend will end soon. It's cheap, and dying loses all its meaning. Hate it. Hope Telltale didn't do the same mistake.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.