Pixel, the cat on all the flyers in the street

DlenartDlenart Telltale Alumni
edited October 2013 in The Wolf Among Us

Hey there. This is Dennis Lenart, one of the directors of The Wolf Among Us episode 1. Random fact here for ya. So, you may have noticed a ton of "Lost Cat" flyers on the streets of Fabletown. These were based on my cat Pixel (NO she's not actually missing in real life). How did she end up in the game you might ask? Well, everyone at Telltale (especially the art team who created these flyers in the game) knows Pixel because she frequently eats all the cords for my electronics. If you're bored/interested feel free to check out her tumblr where I catalog everything she destroys:

http://fuzzypixel.tumblr.com/

Comments

• I love all the little touches Telltale added to the game, like this or the easter eggs/references from other games

• DlenartDlenart Telltale Alumni

There will definitely be more to come. If you played any of our Sam and Max games there should be some fun references to those coming up :)

I love all the little touches Telltale added to the game, like this or the easter eggs/references from other games

• I loved the Poker Night music in Trip Trap. I also heard about the Midtown Cowboys Easter Egg but missed it. I'm still waiting for the inevitable Bannang appearance...

Dlenart posted: »

There will definitely be more to come. If you played any of our Sam and Max games there should be some fun references to those coming up

Banang will find it's way in somewhere, trust me :)

When you say it that way she sounds adorable and harmless, but in fact she's quite a hell raiser :)

Marumochi posted: »

Kitty!

• edited October 2013

I had no idea... now that is a GREAT reference, well now I need to go looking around in future episodes, expecting a reference to Sam and Max, Walking Dead, and perhaps a few other games.

• what's the story on the rock band posters? I did notice pixel and was wondering about that I used to have a cat named orange.

• At the Trip Trap bar, I noticed that ad for Midas Gold, and Bigby orders one as well, is this a double reference to not only the obvious fable of Midas, but the excellent beverage from the craft brewery, Dogfish Head?

http://www.dogfish.com/brews-spirits/the-brews/year-round-brews/midas-touch.htm (warning, must be 21 to visit alcohol manufacturers pages)

Huh, great question. I have no clue if it's referencing Dogfish Head. I'll ask Jason (he was involved in the creation of that name I believe).

Sign in to comment in this discussion.