Unnecessary brutality and other obvious things...(HUGE SPOILERS)

edited October 2013 in The Wolf Among Us

Hello folks!

HUGE SPOILERS BELOW!!!!!

I WARNED YOU!!!!!

I played the first episode of The Wolf Among Us and here's what i want to say : "Isn't there way too much unnecessary decapitations,brutality and obvious "not a mainstream killer" things in this game?". I mean when i saw Faiths head on the goddamn stairs i was like "Aw poor girl, who the hell would do this and why she had to die?" because you met here 2 min ago and now she's dead.....that's a sad thing but if it's a key trigger to the story so be it.*
Then a couple of things about the killer. I had no other options except for Bluebeard because it's as obvious as daylight that he did it. And here's some solid arguments why : A.When you are at your apartment you can check out his file and Bigby says that he doesn't trust him B. His background and his ingame description as Wealthy scoundrel C.Insufficient of other suspects because :
Woody wouldn't do that - he's just a drunk asshole by this time, he might be a lowlife but not a killer assuming how he reacted on your statement about killing Faith,

not her Pimp either - because i mean who in the hell would kill his own moneymaking machine and THAT beautiful(=more money), you would think that he might do it but she gave him at least half the payment for Woody(or if not - that's not her problem usualy pimps handle this kind of stuff by bullying the customer) ,

not Faiths husband - why ? he killed himself that's why and he's her loyal husband who came through all of this shit with her together and even after they separated you can find a note saying that she still cares for him and so he does,

might be that brothers did it but still they are hired by the Bluebeard, because they didn't wanted to say anything about their boss and they are hired mercenaries.
Many other things also spot on Bluebeard if not directly then - indirectly like Mirror's answer about Faiths whereabouts. That's all about Faith.

Now about Snow White - why in the gods names you would kill HER ? COME ON ? Smells like somebody who wrote scripts for the Game of thrones is writing a script for The Wolf among us.She would fit perfectly as a caring subject for Bigby throught all the episodes and killing her is stupid. Really. That was really unexpected - but that kind of unexpectedness ain't cool at all. Stranger in the Walking dead episodes - was unexpected and it was really awesome and creepy at the same moment. Killing main protagonist at the end is also a "kind of expected" stuff , but i mean a Tarot card which shows you a dead man with dozen swords in his back at the start of a game? Are you guys even trying?

Now a couple of things about fables : If you can't change the game's course make those two girls ressurect or something i don't know....it's fables - fables live as long as people remember them and i bet 10$ that after you killed Faith and Snow white in your scripts people won't forget those fables like some crazy Yuri from Red Alert brainwashed them. They can't be killed either way! Maybe only by strong magic like a covenant of witches doing a mass sacrifice and shit or by erasing them from all books in the world ( or one particular magic book) but not by the goddamn decapitation!

Anyway, i would like to see some improvements and i have a lot of ideas if you need any and willing to make your community proud and happy! P.S. Game is awesome anyway 9 out of 10 ( coz of the reasons above) new interface is much more badass than in The walking dead and that's really good. Keep it up folks, thanks for reading my thoughts and sorry for spoilers.
P.P.S My english sometimes suck but i'm from Ukraine so face it

Comments

• Wow.

• Why dont we wait and see where they are going with this? They know what they are doing.

• We might also do that and i really hope that i'm mistaken but if the things are really the way i'm describing them - it's bad, very bad.

KCohere posted: »

Why dont we wait and see where they are going with this? They know what they are doing.

• I'm sure that their deaths and particularly Snow's death will be justified within the next episodes.I totally trust telltale on this one.And I don't think Snow is really dead since she is apparently one of the main characters in the fables comic books.

• I've reread your post again and I gotta say that you're looking at everything on the veeeery surface and by doing which you're missing the point of good murder mysteries - practically nothing is what it seems.

• Telltale make great games and i totally agree with you on that one (huge amount of trust) but still i really hope that they won't be only justified but revived or ressurected with a possibility of good ending of this story. Because you know - it's kinda silly that a grown up dude wants a tale to end up good, but i got used to "good endings" and things in games,books etc. I'm a good person myself and observing harsh reality even in games makes me really upset.

Mary5 posted: »

I'm sure that their deaths and particularly Snow's death will be justified within the next episodes.I totally trust telltale on this one.And I

• Maybe i am, but according to the ingame statistics almost nobody thought that it might be Bluebeard. Most of the people think that it's either the Pimp or Woody. Plus who in the gods name would reveal one of the most evil and cruel character of fables in the very beginning of the game? Don't you think that it's a bit odd ?

Profanity posted: »

I've reread your post again and I gotta say that you're looking at everything on the veeeery surface and by doing which you're missing the point of good murder mysteries - practically nothing is what it seems.

• Why would anyone think it was Bluebeard? This episode has almost nothing to do with him. The only people who picked Bluebeard are the ones who think that Telltale are pulling wool over their eyes with seemingly relevant events while after all it was the guy that seems the least involved judging from what happened in the first episode.

Involving him in the suspect list, though, definitely shows that he's gonna be somehow involved in the later episodes, but choosing him as the killer at this point is nothing but an expectance of tropes we've seen on bad tv shows.

Voltman posted: »

Maybe i am, but according to the ingame statistics almost nobody thought that it might be Bluebeard. Most of the people think that it's either

• if you read the comics, you know that far worse characters exist rather than bluebeard. Everyone know he's a bad guy but two other (far worse imo because all of the world believes them friendly and harmless) come to my mind (and only for the 15 first volumes) and one is already mentionned in the game... They want you to think that bluebeard is guilty but if it's him, well no it's not him... It would be a wasted opportunity.

Like you said, they're fables so Snow white and Faith aren't "dead" until they're replaced by other fables or their roles taken (it happen several times for the three little pigs for example during their history).
    The episode is good, not great but good. IMO i would love to see Bad wolf telling why he smoke so much or little details like this.
    If they're true to the character, (SPOILER !!!!) they'll show us that Big Bad wolf NEED snow white and when she's not close... bad things happen.

• SPOILER, I GUESS?!

Bigby actually already explained why he smokes. He's a wolf, his senses are crazy high and it's even worse in the city - smoking makes them less sensitive.

How do I put those swanky spoiler marks? I'm guessing

not gonna work.

• I've miss this in my playthrought ^^, it's the "usual excuse" he say everytime, it's not fully true and the full reason is a little more interesting...

To mark your post at "spoiler" you just have to check the box below the post "This comment contains spoilers "

SPOILER, I GUESS?! Bigby actually already explained why he smokes. He's a wolf, his senses are crazy high and it's even worse in the city -

• Episode has nothing to do with him indeed, but how many head cutting characters from fables do you know ? It also might be Headless Horseman, but my gut tells me that it's somebody powerful in the city like Bluebeard and many facts that i stated (well they are mostly theories but some solid theories) point only in his direction. And don't you think that Telltale indeed are pulling wool over our eyes ? Nobody except him and maybe a couple of others could be a killer. Woody didn't do it and why would he, really ? But still he's the main suspect as thought by most of the people.

Why would anyone think it was Bluebeard? This episode has almost nothing to do with him. The only people who picked Bluebeard are the ones who

• I don't think Telltale is pulling wool over our eyes as much as they're not telling the whole truth. This is the first episode after all. Besides, if there really are only so few head cutting characters, you don't think that this is a perfect chance for a set up? Especially considering how the poor fables feel about the system and people like Bluebeard who come through "the back door". Of course, it could be that he's financing the whole deal for whatever reason or maybe something else, but just saying that this guy, this guy and this guy couldn't have done it because it doesn't look like they would on the surface, that means it only leaves that guy who we didn't even meet, because muh plot twist!

I believe that almost everyone is somehow involved. Just because Woody seemed so innocent, apologetic and honest about his past crimes doesn't mean that he isn't in this neck deep in this shit.

Also, the fact that we had a list of suspect to choose from doesn't really mean that one of them is a killer.

Episode has nothing to do with him indeed, but how many head cutting characters from fables do you know ? It also might be Headless Horseman,

• It really doesn't mean but still....Bluebeard is involved in this for sure even if he didn't killed the girls himself. Everything i hope for is ressurecting both of them. Because Faith reminded me about Elizabeth from Bioshock Infinite and Snow White is a potential love interest of Bigby. They both are beautiful and innocent! I mean you could kill some awkward guy who would bring up sad emotions like : Omg they killed that dude, but he didn't do anything bad, aw shit so sad - and that's it. Like Kaiden Alenko from Mass effect - i felt bad for his death, he was my comrade but face it - Ashley was better because she's a woman :D In real life though i might've done the opposite. Anyway i hope they will be ok and this game will be as intriguing as The walking dead!

I don't think Telltale is pulling wool over our eyes as much as they're not telling the whole truth. This is the first episode after all. Besi

• But, in most mystery writing a character like Bluebeard would be too obvious because of his past. So, a couple of characters end up beheaded in the first episode and it turns out to be the guy who beheaded several of his wives a few centuries ago? That's just not a good mystery or a big enough reveal.

In most cases it's someone who you don't really suspect, or don't begin to suspect until the pieces begin to fall into place. Don't forget that fairytales are full of brutality and beheading. A lot of Fables in the series have gruesome pasts, not just Bigby and Bluebeard (though they're pretty infamous in the Fables community). That's why the amnesty thing is so important. Some of them did some foul things to each other.

Maybe Bluebeard is involved. He has money, he's generally shady, but maybe he's only mentioned to throw the player off the scent. I still think that it could be someone we haven't even seen yet. Just remember that in a good murder mystery anyone could be the killer.

Episode has nothing to do with him indeed, but how many head cutting characters from fables do you know ? It also might be Headless Horseman,

Sign in to comment in this discussion.